Windows 10: Power Option for "Turning off display" remains at "15 minutes"

Discus and support Power Option for "Turning off display" remains at "15 minutes" in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am running Windows 10 Professional 64 bit. Whenever I set the option "Turn off the display" to "Never", it reverts back to the default "15 minutes".... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Allen, Dec 14, 2015.

1. Allen Win User

Power Option for "Turning off display" remains at "15 minutes"

I am running Windows 10 Professional 64 bit. Whenever I set the option "Turn off the display" to "Never", it reverts back to the default "15 minutes". This is under the "High Performance" profile. I have never, since Windows 3.11, ever had a setting change itself back. I have tried to change it and restart. It will either revert upon restart or shortly after. It will revert back even if I do not restart.

:)

Allen, Dec 14, 2015
  2. vilu85 Win User

" Waiting for approval " until when !????

It means that it's waiting for approval from your operator and it has nothing to do with Nokia.

You could call your operator and ask about this approval, someone in technical service may know that how long it takes to approve the newest firmware. (For some reason, every operator has to approve the firmware updates and only after that their clients
    can do the update)

vilu85, Dec 14, 2015
  3. ATGT Win User
    " Waiting for approval " until when !????

Hi

i have a nokia N8 with the following product code 059D1M2 im always checking for the update realase , now its been a month evryday i check the updates availability i find " Waiting for approval" is nokia joking on us or what !!?

4. gangalf Win User

That sounds like my problem - I leave the computer for an hour and it is shut down (I think sleep mode). I just need to hit the power button and it comes on to where it was when I left - but 2 of my USB devices are lost so I have to restart the computer anyway.

I changed all the power settings to NEVER. But his doesn't seem to make any difference......

gangalf, Jan 7, 2016
  5. davidhk Win User
    If you have not tried this one yet...........
    Run a system file check to look for corrupt files. It will try to do repair if any found.

Right click at Start button > click Command Prompt (Admin) > at the flashing prompt, copy/paste this.......
    sfc /scannow

> press Enter.
    It will take quite sometime.
    When finished, it will give you one of the 3 reports...............(paraphrasing)
    1. No integrity violation.
    2. Found corrupt files and repair successful.
    3. Found corrupt files but unable to repair.

If report is #2. See if it has solved your problem.
    Please post back the result anyway.

davidhk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Power Option for "Turning off display" remains at "15 minutes" - Similar Threads - Power Option Turning

2. 'turn off the display' option is missing from power buttion config

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    'turn off the display' option is missing from power buttion config: Hi,I could not find the 'turn off the display' option for what the sleep and power button do. I saw a solution for the same issue for Windows 10 but that register Key does not exist in Windows 11 so I don't know how to fix it. Could anyone help?...
  3. Turn off the display on power options causes a Abnormal Shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Turn off the display on power options causes a Abnormal Shutdown: Hello!Guys, I have an annoying problem.First of all sorry for my english, I am Brazilian. My problem is:Whenever I leave my computer idle it closes everything and restarts from scratch.I notice that this problem only happens when this option is active: Power Options >> Edit...
  4. Can't find "Turn off display" button at power plan options.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't find "Turn off display" button at power plan options.: Hey, I just own a new PC, and i cannot found the button of "Turn off Display"... I've read from here that I can go to here: "Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Power" and edit the "CsEnabled" registry, but there is no "CsEnabled" registry there. What...
  5. No "Turn off display" option for what the power buttons and lid do.

No "Turn off display" option for what the power buttons and lid do.: I want to customise my power button of my laptop Dell XPS on Windows 10 Home to make the display turn off. No sleep or hibernate. Up until now the solution was given here by MariusTC:...
  6. Screen will not turn off after 15 minutes.

Screen will not turn off after 15 minutes.: Hello. Ever since I installed the May 2020 update, my screen will not turn off after 15 minutes like I set it to. This is a fresh installation of the OS, I even tried using "sfc /scannow" but no corrupted files were found. I'm not sure if this is an issue everyone is...
  7. turn off display option missing in system power settings

in Windows 10 Support
    turn off display option missing in system power settings: I just got my first laptop 2 days ago from HP. Already in hindsight, I kind of wish I hadn't because of the lame support options, but the laptop itself is just fine with excellent display & performance. The keyboard is nice but the backlighting at my preferred sitting angle...
  8. my laptop turns off every 15 minutes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my laptop turns off every 15 minutes: I’ve set power options of my laptop running Windows 10 to never turn off but it started to turn off every 15 minutes. How can I fix it?...
  9. Power Options - Turn off the display doesn't always work

in Windows 10 Support
    Power Options - Turn off the display doesn't always work: I have two 24-inch displays. Its really nice to have them turn off (low power mode) when I have not been active on the computer. Sometimes they don't turn off after the time setting, 3 min, 5 min, whatever. It appears that some system program that is running is causing the...
  10. Add or Remove 'Turn off Display after' in Power Options in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove 'Turn off Display after' in Power Options in Windows: How to: Add or Remove 'Turn off Display after' in Power Options in Windows How to Add or Remove 'Turn off Display after' from Power Options in Windows The Power Options let's users specify how long the PC is inactive before all connected displays are turned off...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Kisok display turns off at 15 minutes