Windows 10: Power options & brightness levels after September/October Update 2019

Discus and support Power options & brightness levels after September/October Update 2019 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My computer updated on me (I was trying to hold off until after a project was done, as I had multiple files/excel sheets up) and after the update I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by nimarahqueen, Oct 4, 2019.

1. Power options & brightness levels after September/October Update 2019

My computer updated on me (I was trying to hold off until after a project was done, as I had multiple files/excel sheets up) and after the update I am having trouble with my power options and brightness levels.

Power:

I have my computer set to go to sleep when I close my lid, so that I may restart from where I was. Lately, if my lid is closed too long (overnight, for example), I will open it up and when it starts up all my apps are closed. I checked the power options and settings that I had created and they're all still the same (set to sleep).

Brightness level:

My computer used to be bright when I plugged it in, and dim when I unplugged it. Now it remains at the same brightness level regardless of whether it's on battery or not. I can manually adjust it, but it's frustrating to me that when I check the settings, the 'balanced' option is still chosen and it doesn't recognize me changing anything.

I don't know why specifically this update has done this, but if there's any workaround or explanation - or setting I'm not looking at correctly, which is very possible - it would be helpful.

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-6100U @ 2.30GHz

Edition: Windows 10 Home

Version: 1903

OS build: 18362.356

:)

nimarahqueen, Oct 4, 2019
  2. eventtrac Win User

Problem with the September 26, 2019—KB4517211 Windows 10 1903 update.

Windows message center - Windows Release Information indicates that updates for CVE-2019-1367 that originally released on September 23rd, 2019 got expanded delivery on October 3rd (today) as a required
    update. Those updates are being distributed on Windows Update, Catalog and WSUS and will trigger a reboot.

The October 3rd contains protections for CVE-2019-1367 and a fix for an issue with JScript.dll that breaks printing and cause issues with application

The printing issue affects all supported OS versions that installed the September OOB and updates released on September 23rd.

The topic is covered for the 1903 release of Windows 10 @ Windows 10, version 1903 and Windows Server, version 1903 - Windows Release Information

Both updates will also be included in Windows Updates scheduled to release on October 8th, 2019

eventtrac, Oct 4, 2019
  3. brightness level percentage

Hi Marie,

For us to narrow down your concern with brightness level and icon in brightness bar and notification center, we would like to know the following:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Send us a screenshot of your brightness settings.
    • Can you tell us what troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve this?

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Oct 4, 2019
  4. John Sarc Win User

Power options & brightness levels after September/October Update 2019

Brightness Control not working in Windows 10

Hi Ella,

To adjust the brightness, see the steps below:

• Go back to Power Options, and tick on the High performance.
    • See if you can adjust the brightness.

If this not work, we highly suggest that you create an Administrator account, and re-do the steps above.

Let us know how it goes.

John Sarc, Oct 4, 2019
Thema:

Power options & brightness levels after September/October Update 2019

1. Power options & brightness levels after September/October Update 2019 - Similar Threads - Power options brightness

2. Cant adjust brightness level after Windows update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cant adjust brightness level after Windows update: Good afternoon, I apologise in advance for my tone but I am absolutely livid with MS. I had a windows 10 update on my HP Spectre laptop last night and ever since then I am unable to adjust my screen brightness via any method I know, certainly not via the f2/f3 keys, they...
  3. Brightness Level

in Windows 10 Customization
    Brightness Level: I have an issue where i try to change my brightness by sliding it to the number i want but it is not working, plz help me fix this issue, i even tried updating my graphics card its still not working...
  4. No audio after October 2019 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No audio after October 2019 update: My computer's audio STILL does not work. Have tried uninstalling the Realtek device. And it was reinstalled when restarted computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-audio-after-october-2019-update/11b4582a-d0b7-4879-b206-2f39e4788e39
  5. October 2019 WIndows Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    October 2019 WIndows Update: Last night prior to going to bed I activated the newest windows update. This morning when I went to check it was stuck on the black screen, so I shut down my system and decided to deal with it when I returned from work. Now I get my home screen , my desktop is empty and...
  6. Windows Update September 2019

Windows Update September 2019: This update completely messed up my settings. I was logged out of all my accounts. None of the security settings I configured are available any more. This has been a huge time waste!...
  7. Windows Update (September 2019)

Windows Update (September 2019): Hello, I have twice tried to update Windows with the latest support edition and twice it has run all night and jammed at 66%. I left it a further 4 hours to try and sort it self out but in the end I had to close my computer, physically. On re start it said " Undoing...
  8. Can't control the brightness after October 2018 update

Can't control the brightness after October 2018 update: Hi there! I bought my Asus laptop just recently and it came with Windows 10 preinstalled. It worked just fine until I did an update a couple days ago. So here is the problem - after I start using my laptop everything works perfectly, but after a certain amount of time all...
  9. Brightness issues after the 1809 October update.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Brightness issues after the 1809 October update.: So, I recently updated my windows version and eversince the update I cannot adjust my brightness. I tried using the keys on my keyboard and they are not responding and even manually adjusting it in settings has no effecct. I have also tried udating to the latest display...
  10. Brightness issue after updating windows 10 October

Brightness issue after updating windows 10 October: After updating windows 10 October (1809) I'm facing display brightness issue. It happens when I switch from any black background to white background or vice-versa (i.e. during switching if there is a color difference in the background), then in black background brightness...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. october windows update 2019 adaptive brightness