Windows 10: Power options change by itself

Discus and support Power options change by itself in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I always change my power options from windows high performance to my custom power options every time i turn on my laptop and today i just left and lock... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mikelferdinan, Nov 20, 2019.

1. Power options change by itself

I always change my power options from windows high performance to my custom power options every time i turn on my laptop and today i just left and lock my computer for about 2 minutes when i go back i notice the power options change by itself to high performance. At first i thought my laptop was restarting but its not (checked through event viewer). And this only happened once, i try to lock my laptop again but my power options still same. This is first time happened and i have no idea what cause it.

:)

mikelferdinan, Nov 20, 2019

2. Windows 10 Power Options Not working

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Use the hardware troubleshooter to fix the issue

The Hardware Troubleshooter is an automated tool which will check the hardware connected to the computer for any known issues with it and provides the details and on how to fix them. Follow these steps and run the troubleshooter.
    Follow these steps:

• Press Windows key to get the Start menu.
    • Type Troubleshooting in the search box right up corner and hit enter.
    • Click on Troubleshooting tab.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner.
    • Select the power options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the power Troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Also I suggest you to create a new power plan and check if it helps.

• Go to control panel and then click on power options.
    • Then click on create new power plan.
    • Change the power plan accordingly and check.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Nov 20, 2019
  3. Windows 10 - Power Options - Closed (Laptop) Lid Glitch - 'Do Nothing' Option, Not Working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Let me help you.

• Have you made any changes in settings prior to the issue?

I suggest you to perform the following troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: Use the hardware troubleshooter to fix the issue

The Hardware Troubleshooter is an automated tool which will check the hardware connected to the computer for any known issues with it and provides the details and on how to fix them. Follow these steps and run the troubleshooter. Follow these steps:

• Press Windows key to get the Start menu.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search box right up corner and hit enter.

• Click on Troubleshooting tab.

• Click on view all option on the upper left corner.

• Select the power options from the list.

• Click Next to run the power Troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Also I suggest you to create a new power plan and check if it helps.

• Go to control panel and then click on
      power options.

• Then click on create new
      power plan.

• Change the power plan accordingly and check.
    Check if it helps.

I hope it helps. Keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Aswin_Anand, Nov 20, 2019
  4. Ryan Mon1 Win User

Power options change by itself

Can't Change Power Settings

Thank you for the quick response. We will now move to the second phase of troubleshooting. We suggest that you follow the steps provided below:

Method 1: Run the Power Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with your system's power settings. Here's how:

• In the search box, type troubleshooting, and then click
      Troubleshooting
    • Click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Power troubleshooter.

Method 2: Customize Power options.

If issue persists, the the following steps and check.

• In the search box, type Power options, and then click.
    • Click on choose when to turn off display from the left pane.
    • Click on Restore default settings for this plan.
    • Click on Change advance power settings.
    • Scroll down and expand Power buttons and lid.
    • Expand Power button actions.
    • Click on the Setting and set it to Shut down.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Ryan Mon1, Nov 20, 2019
Thema:

Power options change by itself

1. Power options change by itself - Similar Threads - Power options change

2. Power options plan keeps changing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power options plan keeps changing: About a week ago with the latest windows 10 update my power plan kept changing to power saver. Tried removing it, used msconfig to maybe remove startup apps that cause it. Even after upgrading to Windows 11 home the problem persists.I am using an ASUS TUF F15....
  3. Power options plan keeps changing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power options plan keeps changing: About a week ago with the latest windows 10 update my power plan kept changing to power saver. Tried removing it, used msconfig to maybe remove startup apps that cause it. Even after upgrading to Windows 11 home the problem persists.I am using an ASUS TUF F15....
  4. Sign-in options changed itself and now I cannot change it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sign-in options changed itself and now I cannot change it: Hello folks,Sometime ago, my Laptop got it`s sign-in option changed by itself. I had a 6-digit password set for signing in but one day it just changed into my microsoft live account`s password. I opened the Settings manager and tried to change the sign-in options but whatever...
  5. Sign-in options changed itself and now I cannot change it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sign-in options changed itself and now I cannot change it: Hello folks,Sometime ago, my Laptop got it`s sign-in option changed by itself. I had a 6-digit password set for signing in but one day it just changed into my microsoft live account`s password. I opened the Settings manager and tried to change the sign-in options but whatever...
  6. Sign-in options changed itself and now I cannot change it

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Problems while changing power options

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problems while changing power options: Hi, I had problems while changing my power settings. It's saying "Some settings are managed by your system administrator". I am only one user and I am only the admin. Here is the screenshot- [ATTACH]...
  8. Power Option Changes Ignored?

in Windows 10 Support
    Power Option Changes Ignored?: Hi! For a long while I've had a problem with Power Options being ignored. I want the Power Plan on High Performance, but I don't want my processor running at 100% all of the time. If I set Balanced, my processor will happily clock down to 800MHz when idle as expected If I...
  9. Power setting keep changing by itself

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Power setting keep changing by itself: Power settings change randomly to "Balanced" from high performance. I can't run my photo editing software on balanced power. Is there a solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-setting-keep-changing-by-itself/ca332e01-585b-4347-886f-6fd2f2cc0709
  10. power options change on their own

in Windows 10 Support
    power options change on their own: power options change on their own when the laptop go's to sleep. Acer aspire 7750G-9810 CPU: Intel Core i7 2670QM 6GB Ram 17459