Windows 10: power options change on their own

Discus and support power options change on their own in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; power options change on their own when the laptop go's to sleep. Acer aspire 7750G-9810 CPU: Intel Core i7 2670QM 6GB Ram 17459 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jojo8285, Aug 18, 2015.

1. jojo8285 Win User

power options change on their own

power options change on their own when the laptop go's to sleep.

Acer aspire 7750G-9810
    CPU: Intel Core i7 2670QM
    6GB Ram

:)

jojo8285, Aug 18, 2015
  2. RJ326 Win User

Monitor settings change on their own

now my monitor is not working

neither is my detachable keyboard

RJ326, Aug 18, 2015
  3. Monitor settings change on their own

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I will be glad to help you with the issue you have with the computer. I understand the frustration when things don't work the way it should.

The issue could be related to Display drivers then please try the steps provided to uninstall the
    Display Adapter from Device Manager, uninstall the device drivers from program list and then download the latest drivers from the manufacturer's website.

Step 1:

Uninstall the Device from Device Manager

• Open Device Manager
    • Expand the Display Adapter section.
    • Find the Display card Driver.
    • Right click Display card Driver and select
      Uninstall.
    • Select the check box delete the driver software for this device.
    • Reboot the computer after uninstall process has finished.
    Step 2:

Uninstall the Device Drivers from Program List in Control Panel

• Click on start, select Control Panel
    • Now click on Programs and select Programs and Features.
    • Find the Display card Driver.
    • Right click Display card Driver and select
      Uninstall.
    • Reboot the computer after the uninstall process has finished.

Hope this information is helpful. Please post in case you have any further issues, I will be glad to help you.

Thank you.

Billion Debbarma, Aug 18, 2015
Thema:

power options change on their own

1. power options change on their own - Similar Threads - power options change

2. Power Options

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Power Options: Lenovo X1 Carbon keeps going to sleep even though the power settings are set to NEVER go to sleep. Please help Dennis https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-options/758962fa-6d30-49e4-af17-963afc23f4ab
  3. Power Options

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power Options: On Windows 10, in the Power & Sleep options, I've set the screen to turn off after 5 minutes on battery and 45 minutes plugged in, while I've set the computer to go into sleep mode after 15 minutes on battery, and 1 hour plugged in. However, after 5 minutes of inactivity...
  4. Power Options

Power Options: Is there a way to get back the old power settings? (energy, balanced, power) Recently my HP laptop will try to sleep quickly - I have tried changing the settings but it keeps doing it. Thanks...
  5. Power Options

in Windows 10 Customization
    Power Options: Recently the Hibernate Option went away from my desk top. Even in the control panel the option is not there. Any thoughts? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-options/49a91810-1afb-42c7-94b8-8f8de3239ff0
  6. power options

power options: even when I set the power options the screen powers down much quicker https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-options/a83a1027-bd74-406e-adc6-6f3afa1b66ee
  7. Power Options

Power Options: My Question is I would like to add Sleep and Hibernate to Power Options : ShutDown and ReStart , As this is my first visit to MS Community and detailed Instructions are not available as far as I can experience or see I am hoping for a solution as I have tried my best to...
  8. Power Options > Change settings that are currently no availble

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Power Options > Change settings that are currently no availble: Is not working. It says: "some settings are managed by your system administrator". I am the only user in the PC and I have administrator rights. UAC is on (without notifications). I want to be able to Hibernate the computer. This is Win10 x64 on dual boot (GRUB) with...
  9. Power Options

in Windows 10 Support
    Power Options: Hi, I am planning to use my Connect windows 10 tablet as a dedicated sat nav and media player in my car. Can anyone tell me how I set up the tablet to start up when the power is supplied through the USB when I turn on the ignition and to shut down when the ignition is turned...
  10. Power Options

in Windows 10 Support
    Power Options: Hiya, even though I have changed my plugged in power options my laptop still was to go to sleep after a few minutes even though is still plugged in. Can anybody advise how to rectify this please? TIA 97359