Windows 10: power options change on their own

Discus and support power options change on their own in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; power options change on their own when the laptop go's to sleep. Acer aspire 7750G-9810 CPU: Intel Core i7 2670QM 6GB Ram 17459 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jojo8285, Aug 18, 2015.

1. jojo8285 Win User

power options change on their own

power options change on their own when the laptop go's to sleep.

Acer aspire 7750G-9810
    CPU: Intel Core i7 2670QM
    6GB Ram

:)

jojo8285, Aug 18, 2015
  2. RJ326 Win User

Monitor settings change on their own

now my monitor is not working

neither is my detachable keyboard

RJ326, Aug 18, 2015
  3. Monitor settings change on their own

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I will be glad to help you with the issue you have with the computer. I understand the frustration when things don't work the way it should.

The issue could be related to Display drivers then please try the steps provided to uninstall the
    Display Adapter from Device Manager, uninstall the device drivers from program list and then download the latest drivers from the manufacturer's website.

Step 1:

Uninstall the Device from Device Manager

• Open Device Manager
    • Expand the Display Adapter section.
    • Find the Display card Driver.
    • Right click Display card Driver and select
      Uninstall.
    • Select the check box delete the driver software for this device.
    • Reboot the computer after uninstall process has finished.
    Step 2:

Uninstall the Device Drivers from Program List in Control Panel

• Click on start, select Control Panel
    • Now click on Programs and select Programs and Features.
    • Find the Display card Driver.
    • Right click Display card Driver and select
      Uninstall.
    • Reboot the computer after the uninstall process has finished.

Hope this information is helpful. Please post in case you have any further issues, I will be glad to help you.

Thank you.

Billion Debbarma, Aug 18, 2015
Thema:

power options change on their own

1. power options change on their own - Similar Threads - power options change

2. Why do Power Option change sometimes?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why do Power Option change sometimes?: On Windows 10, Power Option change sometimes, it happens randomly without any warning. So, 10 minutes ago, my screen turned off. When i moved the mouse, it turned on and i checked the Power Option; it turned out the options were changed from "Never" to "15 minutes", meaning...
  3. Power options plan keeps changing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power options plan keeps changing: About a week ago with the latest windows 10 update my power plan kept changing to power saver. Tried removing it, used msconfig to maybe remove startup apps that cause it. Even after upgrading to Windows 11 home the problem persists.I am using an ASUS TUF F15....
  4. Power options plan keeps changing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power options plan keeps changing: About a week ago with the latest windows 10 update my power plan kept changing to power saver. Tried removing it, used msconfig to maybe remove startup apps that cause it. Even after upgrading to Windows 11 home the problem persists.I am using an ASUS TUF F15....
  5. Problems while changing power options

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problems while changing power options: Hi, I had problems while changing my power settings. It's saying "Some settings are managed by your system administrator". I am only one user and I am only the admin. Here is the screenshot- [ATTACH]...
  6. Power options change after being set.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Power options change after being set.: I want to keep the high performance power option on my desktop PC but Win 10 changes it to power saver. Why and how can I keep that from happening? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-options-change-after-being-set/6c149666-18de-4277-b84e-65872fdf326a
  7. Power Option Changes Ignored?

in Windows 10 Support
    Power Option Changes Ignored?: Hi! For a long while I've had a problem with Power Options being ignored. I want the Power Plan on High Performance, but I don't want my processor running at 100% all of the time. If I set Balanced, my processor will happily clock down to 800MHz when idle as expected If I...
  8. Cant change "Power Option" after update.

in Windows 10 Support
    Cant change "Power Option" after update.: Evening everyone. I have a problem i cant solve. After latest update i can't change the "Power Options" for "Turn off display after:" Its greyed out on 10 minutes, saying "Some settings are managed by your system administrator". Now, the computer is not in a domain, i've...
  9. Power options change by itself

in Windows 10 Support
    Power options change by itself: I always change my power options from windows high performance to my custom power options every time i turn on my laptop and today i just left and lock my computer for about 2 minutes when i go back i notice the power options change by itself to high performance. At first i...
  10. Power Options > Change settings that are currently no availble

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Power Options > Change settings that are currently no availble: Is not working. It says: "some settings are managed by your system administrator". I am the only user in the PC and I have administrator rights. UAC is on (without notifications). I want to be able to Hibernate the computer. This is Win10 x64 on dual boot (GRUB) with...