Windows 10: Power Options currently unavailable and not working properly

Discus and support Power Options currently unavailable and not working properly in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi support team, I try to find out why my desktop is not going into sleep mode anymore. This issue started when I installed Windows again on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by {max}, Mar 20, 2023.

1. {max} Win User

Power Options currently unavailable and not working properly

Hi support team, I try to find out why my desktop is not going into sleep mode anymore. This issue started when I installed Windows again on my desktop. It was running Win11 and it was working properly. After 2 years I decided to install Windows 11 again and from then the sleep function starten to fail. Desktop: Lenovo ThinkPad E15OS: Windows 11 up to dateI can find a lot of basic troubleshooting on Google which I already went through. This is not helping. I see that my Power Options seem to be unavailable. I don't know why I see this message and if it is related to my desktop not going into

:)

{max}, Mar 20, 2023

2. Power Not Working Properly

Hi,

We understand that you are getting this problem. Please follow the following steps below:

• Press Win+X on keyboard.
    • Choose on Power option.
    • Click Choose what the power buttons do.
    • Click on Change settings that are currently unavailable.
    • Untick the box for Turn on fast startup (recommended).
    Let us know how it goes.

Angelo Bar, Mar 20, 2023
  3. Louie Del Win User
    Windows 10 Creators Update - Sleep in no longer an option, even in power options currently unavailable.

Hi,

The issue that you’ve encountered about some missing options can be caused by broken system components after installing the update. Since you’ve already tried checking the Sleep option under the Change settings that are currently unavailable section from
    the Power option, we suggest that you run SFC (System File Checker)/
    Scannow. This tool usually repairs any possible corruptions that may have occurred after the update. Here are the steps:

• Type Command Prompt in the search box from
      Start
      , then right-click on the result and select Run as administrator.
    • Type sfc /scannow and hit Enter. Make sure that a space is provided between “sfc” and the slash(/)
    • Type powercfg –restoredefaultschemes after the sfc /scannow command and then hit
      Enter.
    • Type DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth and hit
      Enter
    • Restart your computer after the process has completed, then try to check if you’ll be able to put your computer on Sleep mode.

Let us know if your concern has been resolved.

Louie Del, Mar 20, 2023
  4. Power Options currently unavailable and not working properly

Windows 10 Power Options Not working

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Use the hardware troubleshooter to fix the issue

The Hardware Troubleshooter is an automated tool which will check the hardware connected to the computer for any known issues with it and provides the details and on how to fix them. Follow these steps and run the troubleshooter.
    Follow these steps:

• Press Windows key to get the Start menu.
    • Type Troubleshooting in the search box right up corner and hit enter.
    • Click on Troubleshooting tab.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner.
    • Select the power options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the power Troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Also I suggest you to create a new power plan and check if it helps.

• Go to control panel and then click on power options.
    • Then click on create new power plan.
    • Change the power plan accordingly and check.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Mar 20, 2023
Thema:

Power Options currently unavailable and not working properly

1. Power Options currently unavailable and not working properly - Similar Threads - Power Options currently

2. This option is currently unavailable pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This option is currently unavailable pin: HelloI can't change the password of the device I have Windows 11. I can't reset the device because I have Data and I can't take backup for now. Windows Hello Face recognition is unavailable what can I do ?Thanks...
  3. PIN - this option is currently unavailable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PIN - this option is currently unavailable: I have seen this question asked before but not one answer that works. Can someone please help? This is ridiculous. I've spent an hour searching around and all I want to do is change the PIN on my own computer. Below the "This option is currently unavailable" line, I get...
  4. Power Options currently unavailable and not working properly

Power Options currently unavailable and not working properly: Hi support team, I try to find out why my desktop is not going into sleep mode anymore. This issue started when I installed Windows again on my desktop. It was running Win11 and it was working properly. After 2 years I decided to install Windows 11 again and from then the...
  5. "This option is currently unavailable"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "This option is currently unavailable": I got the new hp pavillion x360 convertible today with windows 11 and the Facial and fingerprint recognition is showing "This option is currently unavailable" and i can't find Biometric Devices when i go to Device Manager...
  6. "This option is currently unavailable"

"This option is currently unavailable": I got the new hp pavillion x360 convertible today with windows 11 and the Facial and fingerprint recognition is showing "This option is currently unavailable" and i can't find Biometric Devices when i go to Device Manager...
  7. Sign in options currently unavailable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sign in options currently unavailable: This has been going on ever since I log in to my microsoft account for microsoft offfice app. Now i cannot change my pin, cannot set up different log in options.I've rebooted, updated windows but the problem still persists....
  8. Sign in options currently unavailable

Sign in options currently unavailable: This has been going on ever since I log in to my microsoft account for microsoft offfice app. Now i cannot change my pin, cannot set up different log in options.I've rebooted, updated windows but the problem still persists....
  9. This option is currently unavailable?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    This option is currently unavailable?: Hello, I want to setup the window hello fingerprint lock but it shows error "we couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with windows hello fingerprint" Please give me solution I am using window 10 ©2020 I have enbled all the options in biometric but still persist...
  10. "This option is currently unavailable" problem.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "This option is currently unavailable" problem.: I got a new laptop a few days ago and I'm trying to add the Windows "Hello Face" and "Hello Fingerprint" but whenever I go to settings to enable the option, it comes with a message that the option is currently unavailable, I've tried restarting the computer and resetting...