Windows 10: Power Options - for programs to run for few hours while I am not working actively on the...

Discus and support Power Options - for programs to run for few hours while I am not working actively on the... in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello,I have programs which need to run for few hours while I am not working actively on the computer. How can I configure power options that the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Thomas Stich, Apr 2, 2023.

1. Power Options - for programs to run for few hours while I am not working actively on the...

Hello,I have programs which need to run for few hours while I am not working actively on the computer. How can I configure power options that the computer goes to sleep only after the program completes but doesn't shutdown? I don't want to disable sleep mode/hybernation that the PC can go to sleep/hybernation after the processing is complete.Thank you for your help.

:)

Thomas Stich, Apr 2, 2023

2. Windows 10 Power Options Not working

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Use the hardware troubleshooter to fix the issue

The Hardware Troubleshooter is an automated tool which will check the hardware connected to the computer for any known issues with it and provides the details and on how to fix them. Follow these steps and run the troubleshooter.
    Follow these steps:

• Press Windows key to get the Start menu.
    • Type Troubleshooting in the search box right up corner and hit enter.
    • Click on Troubleshooting tab.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner.
    • Select the power options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the power Troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Also I suggest you to create a new power plan and check if it helps.

• Go to control panel and then click on power options.
    • Then click on create new power plan.
    • Change the power plan accordingly and check.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Apr 2, 2023
  3. sleep mode and power options not working on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Forums.

For issues with sleep mode and power options follow the steps provided below.

Run the Power troubleshooter and check.

Follow the steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Open Control Panel.
    • Type Troubleshooting in search and click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Now type Power in the search option.
    • Click on Power troubleshooter to run.

I would suggest you to try updating the Display driver and check if the issue persists. If you already have all the latest drivers from Windows updates, then I would suggest you to visit the computer manufacturer's website, download and install the latest
    drivers in compatibility mode and check.

Hope this helps.

Anish A Kumar, Apr 2, 2023
  4. Power Options - for programs to run for few hours while I am not working actively on the...

Windows 10 - Power Options - Closed (Laptop) Lid Glitch - 'Do Nothing' Option, Not Working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Let me help you.

• Have you made any changes in settings prior to the issue?

I suggest you to perform the following troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: Use the hardware troubleshooter to fix the issue

The Hardware Troubleshooter is an automated tool which will check the hardware connected to the computer for any known issues with it and provides the details and on how to fix them. Follow these steps and run the troubleshooter. Follow these steps:

• Press Windows key to get the Start menu.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search box right up corner and hit enter.

• Click on Troubleshooting tab.

• Click on view all option on the upper left corner.

• Select the power options from the list.

• Click Next to run the power Troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Also I suggest you to create a new power plan and check if it helps.

• Go to control panel and then click on
      power options.

• Then click on create new
      power plan.

• Change the power plan accordingly and check.
    Check if it helps.

I hope it helps. Keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Aswin_Anand, Apr 2, 2023
Thema:

Power Options - for programs to run for few hours while I am not working actively on the...

1. Power Options - for programs to run for few hours while I am not working actively on the... - Similar Threads - Power Options programs

2. after putting computer to sleep found a program had been activated & running 13 hours while...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    after putting computer to sleep found a program had been activated & running 13 hours while...: I put my computer to sleep roughly 13 hours ago. When I woke it up a program/website was running for roughly 7 hours. I had shut it down before I initiated sleep mode. Device name DESKTOP-U30SQO1 Processor IntelR CoreTM i7-10700 CPU @ 2.90GHz 2.90 GHz Installed RAM 16.0 GB...
  3. after putting computer to sleep found a program had been activated & running 13 hours while...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    after putting computer to sleep found a program had been activated & running 13 hours while...: I put my computer to sleep roughly 13 hours ago. When I woke it up a program/website was running for roughly 7 hours. I had shut it down before I initiated sleep mode. Device name DESKTOP-U30SQO1 Processor IntelR CoreTM i7-10700 CPU @ 2.90GHz 2.90 GHz Installed RAM 16.0 GB...
  4. after putting computer to sleep found a program had been activated & running 13 hours while...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Power Options - for programs to run for few hours while I am not working actively on the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power Options - for programs to run for few hours while I am not working actively on the...: Hello,I have programs which need to run for few hours while I am not working actively on the computer. How can I configure power options that the computer goes to sleep only after the program completes but doesn't shutdown? I don't want to disable sleep mode/hybernation that...
  6. Power Options - for programs to run for few hours while I am not working actively on the...

Power Options - for programs to run for few hours while I am not working actively on the...: Hello,I have programs which need to run for few hours while I am not working actively on the computer. How can I configure power options that the computer goes to sleep only after the program completes but doesn't shutdown? I don't want to disable sleep mode/hybernation that...
  7. Advanced options for Active Hours

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Advanced options for Active Hours: Is there options, or possibility of adding options, to have different "active hours" per day? For people with swing shifts for exampleSimilarly, what about an active time that shifts its range by an preset offset every day, or dynamically sets the active hours to a predefined...
  8. Advanced options for Active Hours

Advanced options for Active Hours: Is there options, or possibility of adding options, to have different "active hours" per day? For people with swing shifts for exampleSimilarly, what about an active time that shifts its range by an preset offset every day, or dynamically sets the active hours to a predefined...
  9. Automatic Changes to Power Options Depending on Current Running Program

in Windows 10 Customization
    Automatic Changes to Power Options Depending on Current Running Program: I want to know if there is a functionality for the my Windows 10 desktop to automatically change its current power option depending on what programs are running at a given time. See I would like my computer to do this automatically without me having to change the power option...
  10. this program will not run while system debuggers are active.

in Windows 10 Customization
    this program will not run while system debuggers are active.: Hello I'm trying to install longstanding online games, but I always get out "For security purposes, this program will not run while system debuggers are active. Please remove or disable the system debugger before trying to run this program again." and I don't even install...