Windows 10: power options missing from start menu after update

Discus and support power options missing from start menu after update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After updating windows my power options are gone from my start menu and when I put gpedit.msc i get nothing, how can i fix this? I am not very literate... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by happy2bfree, Aug 26, 2019.

1. power options missing from start menu after update

After updating windows my power options are gone from my start menu and when I put gpedit.msc i get nothing, how can i fix this? I am not very literate when it gets too complicated and this is for me I have tried the gpedit.msc and it is obiviously not on my computer because nothing comes up but the title .. Please help

:)

happy2bfree, Aug 26, 2019
  2. jk22 Win User

switch user option on power option list or on start menu list

Can I use switch user option on power option list or on start menu list ?

3. missing sleep menu in power

Hi,

Missing Sleep option in Power menu is usually caused by outdated or corrupted device drivers. For us to better assist you, we would like to ask the following:

• Have you made any recent changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • When you check the Power options in Control Panel, did you mean that the Sleep option is not displaying in the Shutdown settings?

If you haven't check the Shutdown settings in Control Panel, we suggest to do so and make sure that the Sleep option is enabled. To check the Shutdown settings, follow these steps:

• In Cortana search, type control panel.
    • Choose Control Panel from the list.
    • Click System and Security and select Power Options.
    • Click Choose what the power buttons do in the left pane of the window.
    • Under Shutdown settings, put a tick in the Sleep
      box and click Save changes.

If the Sleep option is already enabled and it still doesn't appear in the Power menu, we recommend that you keep the device drivers up-to-date. For your reference, check this article on how to
    update drivers in Windows 10.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Gerard Qui, Aug 26, 2019
  4. Rose Cal Win User

power options missing from start menu after update

missing icons in start menu

Hi Wickiwizard,

It is possible that the icon of your apps in Start menu is missing due to a corrupted system files. To provide you the accurate resolution, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Does this happen only with icons in Start menu?
    • What troubleshooting steps you've done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps in this
    article
    on how to troubleshoot problems with Start menu or Cortana.

If the issue still persists, we recommend that you follow the suggestion shared by
    Meliton Dec on this thread.
    The given troubleshooting steps will help repair or reset not only missing apps but also lost icon.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Aug 26, 2019
Thema:

power options missing from start menu after update

1. power options missing from start menu after update - Similar Threads - power options missing

2. Power menu is missing options in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power menu is missing options in Windows 10: I have no idea how to fix this or what would cause it... I can't shut down right now :/It wasn't like this before, so I'm not sure what happened https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-menu-is-missing-options-in-windows-10/572fb988-33d8-4cbc-8132-16eb5dc8131f
  3. Power menu is missing options in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power menu is missing options in Windows 10: I have no idea how to fix this or what would cause it... I can't shut down right now :/It wasn't like this before, so I'm not sure what happened https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-menu-is-missing-options-in-windows-10/572fb988-33d8-4cbc-8132-16eb5dc8131f
  4. Power menu is missing options in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Power menu is missing options in Windows 10: I have no idea how to fix this or what would cause it... I can't shut down right now :/ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-menu-is-missing-options-in-windows-10/572fb988-33d8-4cbc-8132-16eb5dc8131f
  5. sleep option is missing from power options

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    sleep option is missing from power options: all of a sudden the sleep option just disappeared one day when i started up my pc. i have been trying to fix this issue for 2 days and i feel like i've done every possible solution i have seen on the internet....
  6. Sign-Out Missing from Start Menu Power Options.

Sign-Out Missing from Start Menu Power Options.: Good afternoon, I always use the Alt + F4 for my Power Options . . . [img] However, the Sign-Outoption is missing from the Start Menu - Power Options . . . [img] . . . BUT, it is shown in the Win + X Power Menu . . . [img] I have searched but I can NOT seem to...
  7. Start Menu update power icons missing show as rectangles

Start Menu update power icons missing show as rectangles: The orange glyphs for a Windows Update shutdown or restart show as orange rectangles instead of the corresponding icon with a little orange dot. Any idea what could be causing this? [ATTACH]...
  8. Windows 10 start menu power options

Windows 10 start menu power options: I have been wondering how to lockdown power options like shutdown and restart with a password (Including the power button but exception to the suspend state) so that a password has to be entered to shutdown or restart the computer even via Alt+F4. But no lock in Admin...
  9. Missing Windows Update applet from Start Menu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Missing Windows Update applet from Start Menu: My windows update applet from the start menu has disappeared. I have done the update from Win7x64 to win10x64, but don't know when problem first appeared...
  10. Missing sleep option in the power menu in Win10

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing sleep option in the power menu in Win10: I installed Win10 yesterday on my desktop, but sleep is not an option on power menu. Have tried all options that I find in various forums including driver updates and system settings, but can not get a sleep mode for the power menu. Maybe Win 10 thinks my desktop is a laptop...