Windows 10: Power options on my laptop

Discus and support Power options on my laptop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello to all I have a HP255G6 laptop been working good for a while. Small problem since Saturday been having an issue with closing the lid and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by menu, Nov 26, 2018.

1. menu Win User

Power options on my laptop

Hello to all
    I have a HP255G6 laptop been working good for a while.
    Small problem since Saturday been having an issue with closing the lid and selecting sleep in the power options with no issues until this morning that method had stopped working. Another thing when I left the laptop for a while it would go to sleep when I return I gave the cordless mouse a shake and it would wake the laptop up ready to use.
    I have lost both methods can anyone Please help me out here.Its a bit annoying when I leave then come back maybe 15min later and have to restart it.
    Many Thanks David.*Confused

:)

2. Windows 10 - Power Options - Closed (Laptop) Lid Glitch - 'Do Nothing' Option, Not Working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Let me help you.

• Have you made any changes in settings prior to the issue?

I suggest you to perform the following troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: Use the hardware troubleshooter to fix the issue

The Hardware Troubleshooter is an automated tool which will check the hardware connected to the computer for any known issues with it and provides the details and on how to fix them. Follow these steps and run the troubleshooter. Follow these steps:

• Press Windows key to get the Start menu.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search box right up corner and hit enter.

• Click on Troubleshooting tab.

• Click on view all option on the upper left corner.

• Select the power options from the list.

• Click Next to run the power Troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Also I suggest you to create a new power plan and check if it helps.

• Go to control panel and then click on
      power options.

• Then click on create new
      power plan.

• Change the power plan accordingly and check.
    Check if it helps.

I hope it helps. Keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Aswin_Anand, Nov 26, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Power Options Not working

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Use the hardware troubleshooter to fix the issue

The Hardware Troubleshooter is an automated tool which will check the hardware connected to the computer for any known issues with it and provides the details and on how to fix them. Follow these steps and run the troubleshooter.
    Follow these steps:

• Press Windows key to get the Start menu.
    • Type Troubleshooting in the search box right up corner and hit enter.
    • Click on Troubleshooting tab.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner.
    • Select the power options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the power Troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Also I suggest you to create a new power plan and check if it helps.

• Go to control panel and then click on power options.
    • Then click on create new power plan.
    • Change the power plan accordingly and check.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Nov 26, 2018
  4. Power options on my laptop

sleep mode and power options not working on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Forums.

For issues with sleep mode and power options follow the steps provided below.

Run the Power troubleshooter and check.

Follow the steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Open Control Panel.
    • Type Troubleshooting in search and click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Now type Power in the search option.
    • Click on Power troubleshooter to run.

I would suggest you to try updating the Display driver and check if the issue persists. If you already have all the latest drivers from Windows updates, then I would suggest you to visit the computer manufacturer's website, download and install the latest
    drivers in compatibility mode and check.

Hope this helps.

Anish A Kumar, Nov 26, 2018
Thema:

Power options on my laptop

1. Power options on my laptop - Similar Threads - Power options laptop

2. Power options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power options: Windows 10: Start Menu Missing Power Option - only Shutdown and Restart Options https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-options/84bbb789-2ee9-468f-8589-a11c3fc20a48
  3. power options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    power options: when i go to shut down my laptop on task bar it tells me power option not available. How do I correct this or change the setting. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-options/f8304b9a-92f3-4e62-b4ec-b13f71b2d3ee
  4. POWER OPTION

in Windows 10 Customization
    POWER OPTION: Anyone has any idea why my laptop only has 4 settings like this? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-option/336576f5-6bf7-46be-9da5-dad8d708a557
  5. Power Option

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Power Option: I have Windows 10 Pro 1909, the power option keeps on changing to default no matter how many times I kept changing them to best performance or even make my own option. I noticed this since the first update in Windows 10 few years and hoping there's a fix with later updates....
  6. Laptop missing power option settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop missing power option settings: I am currently on my DELL laptop and im missing alot of the power setting than what i had on my old laptop. Screenshot - 27c5ce3d868dc79fa2a7846faa1519ff - Gyazo I was wondering how to get them back. 141105
  7. Power Options

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power Options: On Windows 10, in the Power & Sleep options, I've set the screen to turn off after 5 minutes on battery and 45 minutes plugged in, while I've set the computer to go into sleep mode after 15 minutes on battery, and 1 hour plugged in. However, after 5 minutes of inactivity...
  8. Power Options

Power Options: Is there a way to get back the old power settings? (energy, balanced, power) Recently my HP laptop will try to sleep quickly - I have tried changing the settings but it keeps doing it. Thanks...
  9. Laptop power options

Laptop power options: Hi. Can I power on my laptop without opening the lid?. I have a Lenovo Yoga 710 with the power button on the outside. Is there any BIOS/UEFI option that might help? I have an external monitor, keyboard, mouse connected all the time. Would love any suggestions. Thank You....
  10. Power Options

in Windows 10 Customization
    Power Options: Recently the Hibernate Option went away from my desk top. Even in the control panel the option is not there. Any thoughts? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-options/49a91810-1afb-42c7-94b8-8f8de3239ff0