Windows 10: Power Options Plan

Discus and support Power Options Plan in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi Guys, usually we all have balanced power plan. But what if I choose high Performance and than go in advance setting then I set all values as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by PressF5, Nov 2, 2017.

1. PressF5 Win User

Power Options Plan

Hi Guys, usually we all have balanced power plan. But what if I choose high Performance and than go in advance setting then I set all values as balanced. What will happen and how will that power plan will effect? I am asking in balanced I feel my pc sluggish. but in high performance it work well. so I am thinking as hybrid plan of balanced and high performance.

:)

PressF5, Nov 2, 2017

2. option gone in power plan settings

Hi,

The option you are looking for is currently removed on the Windows 10 latest build. However, I suggest you to provide your valuable suggestion and feedback using Windows feedback app.

Thank you. If you need further assistance on Windows let us know we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Nov 2, 2017
  3. How do I get the screen to lock whenever I close the lid?

Hi,

Create a new Power plan and check if it helps. Follow the steps :

• Type Power Options
    • Click Advanced Power options
    • Click on new Power plan
    • Set a new Power plan

Vinod Archak, Nov 2, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Power Options Plan

Hello PressF5, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

Basically, all the default power plans have the same settings. They are just each preset to be optimized for the namesake of the power plan.

You can set your active power plan however you want for your needs.

If you like, here's a list of options to help improve the performance of Windows 10.

*Arrow Optimize Performance of Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials

Brink, Nov 2, 2017
  5. PressF5 Win User
    Well things in the list I already know. So my question might relates with over clocking because when power plan set to balanced I see 2 cores in use out of 8. But when I set to high performance then all cores active in task manager

PressF5, Nov 2, 2017
  6. PressF5 Win User
    And that seems more responsive in processing and keyboard response

PressF5, Nov 2, 2017
  7. AddRAM Win User
    The Performance plan will keep your cpu running at full speed so of course it`s faster.

Unless you want a constant Overclock, there's no need to use the Performance plan.

You can still use the Balanced Plan, but just go in and set your minimum processor state on the cpu to 50% instead of 5%

And if you're using a conventional hard drive and not a solid state drive, that has a lot to do with your PC feeling sluggish.

Post a snip of Task Manager showing only 2 cores working, I gotta see this *Huh

What cpu do you have ?

AddRAM, Nov 2, 2017
  8. PressF5 Win User

Power Options Plan

I have amd Fx 8320e this pc is a custom built myself. But I guess this forum is completed here thx for help

PressF5, Nov 2, 2017
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Glad we could help. *Smile

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Power Options Plan

1. Power Options Plan - Similar Threads - Power Options Plan

2. missing advanced power plan options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    missing advanced power plan options: i always see other people with so many advanced power plan settings while mine only has 6, hard disk, desktop background settings, sleep, pci express, display and battery. im missing alot of options like processer power management so i cant configure the cpu speed. how do i...
  3. missing advanced power plan options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    missing advanced power plan options: i always see other people with so many advanced power plan settings while mine only has 6, hard disk, desktop background settings, sleep, pci express, display and battery. im missing alot of options like processer power management so i cant configure the cpu speed. how do i...
  4. windows 11 power plan option

windows 11 power plan option: pc specsDevice name DESKTOP-N5RARQO Processor 11th Gen IntelR CoreTM i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.80 GHz Installed RAM 16.0 GB 15.6 GB usable Device ID 2B67E5E6-DA3D-4370-8CCC-4C4C41BC2C27 Product ID 00342-21941-82693-AAOEM System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor...
  5. windows 11 power plan option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 power plan option: pc specsDevice name DESKTOP-N5RARQO Processor 11th Gen IntelR CoreTM i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.80 GHz Installed RAM 16.0 GB 15.6 GB usable Device ID 2B67E5E6-DA3D-4370-8CCC-4C4C41BC2C27 Product ID 00342-21941-82693-AAOEM System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor...
  6. Power options plan keeps changing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power options plan keeps changing: About a week ago with the latest windows 10 update my power plan kept changing to power saver. Tried removing it, used msconfig to maybe remove startup apps that cause it. Even after upgrading to Windows 11 home the problem persists.I am using an ASUS TUF F15....
  7. Power options plan keeps changing

Power options plan keeps changing: About a week ago with the latest windows 10 update my power plan kept changing to power saver. Tried removing it, used msconfig to maybe remove startup apps that cause it. Even after upgrading to Windows 11 home the problem persists.I am using an ASUS TUF F15....
  8. Missing options in power saving plans

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Missing options in power saving plans: Hey friends, I recently got a new Dell Inspiron 14 and I'm missing a lot of advanced options I was expecting when setting up a power saving plan. I can't set min or max CPU perfomance for either battery or powered states, can't set screen brightness either. I used to be able...
  9. Driver booster power plan in power options

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Driver booster power plan in power options: I was checking the power options and saw something not expected. [ATTACH] Please tell if anyone knows about it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/driver-booster-power-plan-in-power-options/24dffe7f-4034-4d78-a150-c5720a811a34
  10. Missing power plan in power options

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing power plan in power options: I always choosing only power saver power plan to prevent cpu usage high and overheating. But starting may the power plan settings is missing only 'Balanced(Recommended)" is the remain choice. I think caused by windows update. Anybody microsoft personnel who read this pls...