Windows 10: power options stopped working after Win10 feature update 20H2

Discus and support power options stopped working after Win10 feature update 20H2 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; System fails to sleep according to settings following recent Win10 feature update 20H2. It worked properly before that. I followed earlier threads on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RichardSchmittdiel, Mar 10, 2021.

1. power options stopped working after Win10 feature update 20H2

System fails to sleep according to settings following recent Win10 feature update 20H2. It worked properly before that.

I followed earlier threads on this topic and ran Cmd prompt powercfg -requests and this shows up:

EXECUTION:

[PROCESS] \Device\HarddiskVolume6\Windows\System32\MoUsoCoreWorker.exe

USO Worker

Now what do I do to solve this?

:)

RichardSchmittdiel, Mar 10, 2021
  2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Mar 10, 2021
  3. sleep mode and power options not working on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Forums.

For issues with sleep mode and power options follow the steps provided below.

Run the Power troubleshooter and check.

Follow the steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Open Control Panel.
    • Type Troubleshooting in search and click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Now type Power in the search option.
    • Click on Power troubleshooter to run.

I would suggest you to try updating the Display driver and check if the issue persists. If you already have all the latest drivers from Windows updates, then I would suggest you to visit the computer manufacturer's website, download and install the latest
    drivers in compatibility mode and check.

Hope this helps.

Anish A Kumar, Mar 10, 2021
  4. power options stopped working after Win10 feature update 20H2

Windows 10 Power Options Not working

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Use the hardware troubleshooter to fix the issue

The Hardware Troubleshooter is an automated tool which will check the hardware connected to the computer for any known issues with it and provides the details and on how to fix them. Follow these steps and run the troubleshooter.
    Follow these steps:

• Press Windows key to get the Start menu.
    • Type Troubleshooting in the search box right up corner and hit enter.
    • Click on Troubleshooting tab.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner.
    • Select the power options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the power Troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Also I suggest you to create a new power plan and check if it helps.

• Go to control panel and then click on power options.
    • Then click on create new power plan.
    • Change the power plan accordingly and check.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Mar 10, 2021
Thema:

power options stopped working after Win10 feature update 20H2

1. power options stopped working after Win10 feature update 20H2 - Similar Threads - power options stopped

2. Power and Sleep option stops working

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power and Sleep option stops working: My Power and Sleep 30 minute limit wasn't always turning off the display as specified. I suspected an app might be impacting that process and I thought of Media Player, which has been known know to exhibit rather strange behavior on occasion. Detail of the steps I executed to...
  3. Power and Sleep option stops working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power and Sleep option stops working: My Power and Sleep 30 minute limit wasn't always turning off the display as specified. I suspected an app might be impacting that process and I thought of Media Player, which has been known know to exhibit rather strange behavior on occasion. Detail of the steps I executed to...
  4. Power and Sleep option stops working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. 20H2 Feature Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    20H2 Feature Update: I have lenovo 310 desktop. I have tried for months to upgrade to 20H2 but without success. I have tried everything but could not update. It prepares 100%, downloads 100% installs 100% but fails to restart every time and says undoing changes, any suggestions please...
  6. feature update 20h2

feature update 20h2: dear windows expert;i got a notification about the end of my windows10 release and a feature update being available...i tried MANY times to realize this update; all was unsuccessful...i got advice from you and following your stepsdeleting ALL previous updates and reinstalling...
  7. feature update to 20H2

feature update to 20H2: Is this an optional feature. Does it mean that it is installing the feature update on my computer? I'm not on 20H2. Does that supersede 1900? to whomever doesn't have the patience to help me, let someone else answer. I have had problems. thanks...
  8. Throttlestop stopped working after the 20H2 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Throttlestop stopped working after the 20H2 update: Hey Ive read it up and looks like there's nothing I can do. I rolled back to the older version and it worked fine yesterday, Windows updated itself overnight and now I cant find the option to roll back in Recovery, is there anything I can do? submitted by /u/Theboyscampus...
  9. Windows 10 version 20H2 Update- Search option stopped working

in Cortana
    Windows 10 version 20H2 Update- Search option stopped working: In this update search option stop working and no repair and troubleshoot method works on it. It has to start manually each time because after restart of system suspends. At a moment I am using "C:\Windows\system32\ctfmon.exe" command to start the search option because when...
  10. Bluetooth stopped working after installing Win10 feature update 2004

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth stopped working after installing Win10 feature update 2004: I've been researching and troubleshooting this all night. I've done all of the suggestions from this site and others. The status is this: 1. Bluetooth is showing up and in my device manager and shows to be working properly [ATTACH] 2. I've uninstalled, rebooted and...