Windows 10: Power Options - Turn off the display doesn't always work

Discus and support Power Options - Turn off the display doesn't always work in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have two 24-inch displays. Its really nice to have them turn off (low power mode) when I have not been active on the computer. Sometimes they don't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by CalBear37, Aug 23, 2016.

1. CalBear37 Win User

Power Options - Turn off the display doesn't always work

I have two 24-inch displays. Its really nice to have them turn off (low power mode) when I have not been active on the computer. Sometimes they don't turn off after the time setting, 3 min, 5 min, whatever. It appears that some system program that is running is causing the problem as I have turned off all the programs that I interact with. The reason I think it may be a system program is that last night I turned off the monitor power switches long after the automatic time setting minutes had passed. This morning the displays were off when I turned the power back on, so at some later time the automatic off had worked.

As you might expect this has only been happening since the Anniversary Update as the automatic display off has worked properly for over a year on this new Win 10 computer.

:)

CalBear37, Aug 23, 2016

2. How to skip login screen in windows 10 after turn off the display?

I'm trying to avoid login screen after turn off the display without success.

1. From Power Options I set up "Turn off the display" after 1min and "Put computer to sleep" Never. (I am working always Plugged In),

2. From Settings->Manage your Account->Sig-in options I put "Require sign-in" Never.

3. My user is set up to login automatically.

After 1 minute the display turn off correctly. However time after when I pressed the power-on button show me the login screen.

How can I avoid this behavior and skip the login screen every time that turn off display?

Juan Carlos Albarrán, Aug 23, 2016
  3. Brightness adjuster missing!

The brightness adjuster is SERIOUSLY missing since I upgraded to Windows 10 on 5th August! Only except the mobility centre, which doesn't work and the brightness is currently set to full, draining power very fast! I don't like very bright display hence
    my laptop display is always at low. The Brightness Adjuster seek is not available- in the power options or the bottom of action centre or anywhere!!! Even I have turned off the adaptive brightness. Still nothing is working. I cant reduce the brightness. Please
    HELP!!! Power Options - Turn off the display doesn't always work :(

SaswatiMishra, Aug 23, 2016
Thema:

Power Options - Turn off the display doesn't always work

1. Power Options - Turn off the display doesn't always work - Similar Threads - Power Options Turn

2. 'turn off the display' option is missing from power buttion config

in Windows 10 Gaming
    'turn off the display' option is missing from power buttion config: Hi,I could not find the 'turn off the display' option for what the sleep and power button do. I saw a solution for the same issue for Windows 10 but that register Key does not exist in Windows 11 so I don't know how to fix it. Could anyone help?...
  3. 'turn off the display' option is missing from power buttion config

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    'turn off the display' option is missing from power buttion config: Hi,I could not find the 'turn off the display' option for what the sleep and power button do. I saw a solution for the same issue for Windows 10 but that register Key does not exist in Windows 11 so I don't know how to fix it. Could anyone help?...
  4. Turn off the display on power options causes a Abnormal Shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Turn off the display on power options causes a Abnormal Shutdown: Hello!Guys, I have an annoying problem.First of all sorry for my english, I am Brazilian. My problem is:Whenever I leave my computer idle it closes everything and restarts from scratch.I notice that this problem only happens when this option is active: Power Options >> Edit...
  5. Can't find "Turn off display" button at power plan options.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't find "Turn off display" button at power plan options.: Hey, I just own a new PC, and i cannot found the button of "Turn off Display"... I've read from here that I can go to here: "Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Power" and edit the "CsEnabled" registry, but there is no "CsEnabled" registry there. What...
  6. No "Turn off display" option for what the power buttons and lid do.

No "Turn off display" option for what the power buttons and lid do.: I want to customise my power button of my laptop Dell XPS on Windows 10 Home to make the display turn off. No sleep or hibernate. Up until now the solution was given here by MariusTC:...
  7. turn off display option missing in system power settings

in Windows 10 Support
    turn off display option missing in system power settings: I just got my first laptop 2 days ago from HP. Already in hindsight, I kind of wish I hadn't because of the lame support options, but the laptop itself is just fine with excellent display & performance. The keyboard is nice but the backlighting at my preferred sitting angle...
  8. Power options always on (not)

Power options always on (not): I want to set up my notebook to always on. I set up everything turn off hard disks, sleep, hybernate, everything to never(on battery and plugged in), and yet my notebook goes to sleep every 5-10mins. Sometimes after I wake it up, it stays on untill I put it manually to...
  9. Power Option for "Turning off display" remains at "15 minutes"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Power Option for "Turning off display" remains at "15 minutes": I am running Windows 10 Professional 64 bit. Whenever I set the option "Turn off the display" to "Never", it reverts back to the default "15 minutes". This is under the "High Performance" profile. I have never, since Windows 3.11, ever had a setting change itself back. I have...
  10. Add or Remove 'Turn off Display after' in Power Options in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove 'Turn off Display after' in Power Options in Windows: How to: Add or Remove 'Turn off Display after' in Power Options in Windows How to Add or Remove 'Turn off Display after' from Power Options in Windows The Power Options let's users specify how long the PC is inactive before all connected displays are turned off...