Windows 10: power options

Discus and support power options in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; even when I set the power options the screen powers down much quicker... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by rexluanne44, Mar 1, 2019.

1. power options

even when I set the power options the screen powers down much quicker

:)

rexluanne44, Mar 1, 2019

2. Windows 10 Power Options Not working

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Use the hardware troubleshooter to fix the issue

The Hardware Troubleshooter is an automated tool which will check the hardware connected to the computer for any known issues with it and provides the details and on how to fix them. Follow these steps and run the troubleshooter.
    Follow these steps:

• Press Windows key to get the Start menu.
    • Type Troubleshooting in the search box right up corner and hit enter.
    • Click on Troubleshooting tab.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner.
    • Select the power options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the power Troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Also I suggest you to create a new power plan and check if it helps.

• Go to control panel and then click on power options.
    • Then click on create new power plan.
    • Change the power plan accordingly and check.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Mar 1, 2019
  3. sleep mode and power options not working on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Forums.

For issues with sleep mode and power options follow the steps provided below.

Run the Power troubleshooter and check.

Follow the steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Open Control Panel.
    • Type Troubleshooting in search and click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Now type Power in the search option.
    • Click on Power troubleshooter to run.

I would suggest you to try updating the Display driver and check if the issue persists. If you already have all the latest drivers from Windows updates, then I would suggest you to visit the computer manufacturer's website, download and install the latest
    drivers in compatibility mode and check.

Hope this helps.

Anish A Kumar, Mar 1, 2019
  4. Xylee Del Win User

power options

Windows 10 power options

Hi Robert,

About your concern with Windows 10 power options, applied settings may not be recognized due to several reasons. We suggest that you run the Windows 10 Power troubleshooter. Here are the steps to follow:

• Go to Search, type troubleshoot, and click Troubleshooting.
    • Under System and Security, click Improve power usage.
    • The troubleshooting wizard will automatically start. It will try to solve any detected issues.

Let us know if you need further assistance regarding your concern.

Xylee Del, Mar 1, 2019
Thema:

power options

1. power options - Similar Threads - power options

2. Cannot enable Power Options for Sleep and Hibernate.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot enable Power Options for Sleep and Hibernate.: Currently Power Options offers just Shut-down and Restart.When I enter "powercfg -h on" I get an error reply of "The following items are preventing hibernation on this system. An internal system component has disabled hibernation. Guarded Host" What is Guarded Host? For a...
  3. Cannot enable Power Options for Sleep and Hibernate.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot enable Power Options for Sleep and Hibernate.: Currently Power Options offers just Shut-down and Restart.When I enter "powercfg -h on" I get an error reply of "The following items are preventing hibernation on this system. An internal system component has disabled hibernation. Guarded Host" What is Guarded Host? For a...
  4. Cannot enable Power Options for Sleep and Hibernate.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 11 on an Dell Laptop Ignoring Power Options

Windows 11 on an Dell Laptop Ignoring Power Options: After performing a fresh install to Windows 11, updating drivers and completing all Windows updates. When the System > Power & Battery > Screen and Sleep settings are modified for both battery power and plugged in settings to 3 hours before the "turn off my screen" event...
  6. Windows 11 on an Dell Laptop Ignoring Power Options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 on an Dell Laptop Ignoring Power Options: After performing a fresh install to Windows 11, updating drivers and completing all Windows updates. When the System > Power & Battery > Screen and Sleep settings are modified for both battery power and plugged in settings to 3 hours before the "turn off my screen" event...
  7. how do I enable hibernation in power options for Windows 11?

how do I enable hibernation in power options for Windows 11?: how do I enable hibernation in power options for Windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-enable-hibernation-in-power-options-for/e56ccd8c-02bf-48cf-85c3-82b11ce3ef33
  8. how do I enable hibernation in power options for Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I enable hibernation in power options for Windows 11?: how do I enable hibernation in power options for Windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-enable-hibernation-in-power-options-for/e56ccd8c-02bf-48cf-85c3-82b11ce3ef33
  9. Power options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power options: Windows 10: Start Menu Missing Power Option - only Shutdown and Restart Options https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-options/84bbb789-2ee9-468f-8589-a11c3fc20a48
  10. Power options

Power options: Windows 10: Start Menu Missing Power Option - only Shutdown and Restart Options https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-options/84bbb789-2ee9-468f-8589-a11c3fc20a48