Windows 10: Power Options

Discus and support Power Options in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hiya, even though I have changed my plugged in power options my laptop still was to go to sleep after a few minutes even though is still plugged in.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Deblk, Nov 5, 2017.

1. Deblk Win User

Power Options

Hiya, even though I have changed my plugged in power options my laptop still was to go to sleep after a few minutes even though is still plugged in. Can anybody advise how to rectify this please? TIA

:)

Deblk, Nov 5, 2017

2. Power Options

Hello, as usual i always had high performance option enabled on my acer v5-571G laptop, but today i noticed that it is missing there are only two options Balanced and DllFixer Power Saver <- this last one amazed me because it is the first time i see it
    and have no idea where did it come from, shorty i want high performance option to be selected
    Power Options [​IMG]

TemoChutkerashvili, Nov 5, 2017
  3. Paul Bab Win User
    Power Options

Hi,

Not requiring a sign-in on after you've been away on your Windows 10-based device is easy. Here's how:

• Open Settings.
    • Select the Accounts icon.
    • Select Sign-in options on the left menu.
    • Under Require sign-in If you've been away, when should Windows require you to sign in again?, select
      Never.
    • Restart your device.

This should let you access your device automatically without having to sign in after it wakes up from sleep.

Looking forward to hear from you with the results. Let us know if anything comes up so we can provide further assistance.

Paul Bab, Nov 5, 2017
  4. f14tomcat Win User

Power Options

Can you post a picture, please, of what you have your power options set to? It would help. Thanks.

BTW, you say this is a laptop, and your specs say PC/Desktop. Please update your system specs. And it looks like you are at least 3 Windows versions behind. Could you also post what version you are running? Hold WIN KEY and Press R. Type WINVER and press enter for Version info. Thanks.

f14tomcat, Nov 5, 2017
  5. Deblk Win User
    Ok, thanks.

Deblk, Nov 5, 2017
  6. Edwin New Member
    Just a thought, check if the Control Panel settings jive with the Settings settings...

Power Options [​IMG]

Edwin, Nov 5, 2017
  7. f14tomcat Win User
    According to your picture, you have it set to go to sleep after 20 minutes when plugged in, and the display to turn off after 10 minutes. You need to click the little down arrow and set it to never or your choice.

Power Options [​IMG]

f14tomcat, Nov 5, 2017
  8. Deblk Win User

Power Options

Ok but thought I could choose my options as that was what I wanted, to sleep after 20 mins but sleeps after 2 mins even when plugged in?
    Edwin, yes, power options are correct in control panel power options.

Deblk, Nov 5, 2017
  9. cereberus Win User
    Are you sure it is sleeping, and it is not a screensaver kicking in blanking screen after 2 minutes?

cereberus, Nov 5, 2017
  10. Deblk Win User
    Yes, Screen Saver off

Deblk, Nov 5, 2017
  11. Deblk Win User
    I have been looking on the Net and see that this is a problem for some. Was suggested to restore to default which I have done so will see what happens.

Deblk, Nov 5, 2017
  12. dalchina New Member
    There are many threads here about PCs sleeping after 2 minutes e.g.
    Windows 10 sleeps after 3 minutes, no matter what. Solved - Windows 10 Forums
    Goes to sleep after 2 minutes??? - Windows 10 Forums
    Computer goes to sleep 2 minutes after last command Solved - Windows 10 Forums

Windows 10 64 Bit Monitor display turns off after 2 minutes! Solved - Windows 10 Forums

It seems most of these are older threads, and yours is, as @f14tomcat said, apparently an older build (2 major builds back).
    As he asked, please

press Windows key + R, type winver and post the result.
    E.g. mine is 15063.674.

Also please post a screenshot of your Update History so we can see if Windows update is functioning - unless you know you've disabled it?

dalchina, Nov 5, 2017
  13. Deblk Win User

Power Options

Hiya, my build is the same as yours *Smile

Deblk, Nov 6, 2017
  14. f14tomcat Win User
    Just to verify a different way, go thru the control panel to this setting in Advanced, and see if it's set to 20 minutes. Pic is just an example, Mine is set to NEVER.

Power Options [​IMG]

f14tomcat, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Power Options

1. Power Options - Similar Threads - Power Options

2. Windows 11 power options GPO

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 power options GPO: I have an issue with power options not working correctly on our Dell 5540 laptops which have Windows 11 23h2 installed.GPO is pushed out to all Laptops for power settings administrative templates where updated yesterday to the latest one on the 25th April.If you look in the...
  3. Windows 11 power options GPO

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 power options GPO: I have an issue with power options not working correctly on our Dell 5540 laptops which have Windows 11 23h2 installed.GPO is pushed out to all Laptops for power settings administrative templates where updated yesterday to the latest one on the 25th April.If you look in the...
  4. Windows 10 Power and Sleep settings missing Sleep option for all power plans

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Power and Sleep settings missing Sleep option for all power plans: This is a desktop PC running Windows 10 with the latest updates. In settings/ system/ power and sleep I do not get the option for Sleep in any of the Power Plans. I recently had my mother board replaced, after which I am facing this issue. Someone told me to check the...
  5. Windows 10 Power and Sleep settings missing Sleep option for all power plans

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Power and Sleep settings missing Sleep option for all power plans: This is a desktop PC running Windows 10 with the latest updates. In settings/ system/ power and sleep I do not get the option for Sleep in any of the Power Plans. I recently had my mother board replaced, after which I am facing this issue. Someone told me to check the...
  6. Windows 10 Power and Sleep settings missing Sleep option for all power plans

7. no power mode option in power setting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no power mode option in power setting: I recently upgraded my Windows 10 to 11. Then, I went to the power settings in Windows 11. At first, I saw an option to change to the High Performance power plan. I switched it to Balanced, but then when I went back to the power settings, the power mode option was completely...
  8. no power mode option in power setting

no power mode option in power setting: I recently upgraded my Windows 10 to 11. Then, I went to the power settings in Windows 11. At first, I saw an option to change to the High Performance power plan. I switched it to Balanced, but then when I went back to the power settings, the power mode option was completely...
  9. Cannot enable Power Options for Sleep and Hibernate.

Cannot enable Power Options for Sleep and Hibernate.: Currently Power Options offers just Shut-down and Restart.When I enter "powercfg -h on" I get an error reply of "The following items are preventing hibernation on this system. An internal system component has disabled hibernation. Guarded Host" What is Guarded Host? For a...
  10. Cannot enable Power Options for Sleep and Hibernate.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot enable Power Options for Sleep and Hibernate.: Currently Power Options offers just Shut-down and Restart.When I enter "powercfg -h on" I get an error reply of "The following items are preventing hibernation on this system. An internal system component has disabled hibernation. Guarded Host" What is Guarded Host? For a...