Windows 10: Power Options

Discus and support Power Options in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I am planning to use my Connect windows 10 tablet as a dedicated sat nav and media player in my car. Can anyone tell me how I set up the tablet to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by neilwheeler1, May 24, 2016.

1. Power Options

Hi, I am planning to use my Connect windows 10 tablet as a dedicated sat nav and media player in my car. Can anyone tell me how I set up the tablet to start up when the power is supplied through the USB when I turn on the ignition and to shut down when the ignition is turned off. Can I do this through the existing settings or is there an app I can download? Thanks for your help.

:)

neilwheeler1, May 24, 2016

2. Power Options

Hello, as usual i always had high performance option enabled on my acer v5-571G laptop, but today i noticed that it is missing there are only two options Balanced and DllFixer Power Saver <- this last one amazed me because it is the first time i see it
    and have no idea where did it come from, shorty i want high performance option to be selected
    Power Options [​IMG]

TemoChutkerashvili, May 24, 2016
  3. Paul Bab Win User
    Power Options

Hi,

Not requiring a sign-in on after you've been away on your Windows 10-based device is easy. Here's how:

• Open Settings.
    • Select the Accounts icon.
    • Select Sign-in options on the left menu.
    • Under Require sign-in If you've been away, when should Windows require you to sign in again?, select
      Never.
    • Restart your device.

This should let you access your device automatically without having to sign in after it wakes up from sleep.

Looking forward to hear from you with the results. Let us know if anything comes up so we can provide further assistance.

Paul Bab, May 24, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Power Options

That would be a function that would have to be in bios. For example, the Azulle Quantum Access stick computer has a specific BIOS version to flash that enables automatic power on. I've seen some desktop computers with an option in bios to tell the computer what to do when power comes back on after a failure - always on, always off, or return to previous state.

Tesco is the company you would be looking for to see if they support auto power on:
    Buy Windows Connect 10-Inch Tablet, Intel Atom, 1GB RAM, 32 GB - Black from our Other Windows Tablets range - Tesco

NavyLCDR, May 24, 2016
  5. Thanks for that Navy but it looks like a no go at the moment as the Connect doesn't look as it has GPS unless I am able to link it through my Nokia Lumia... Any ideas???

neilwheeler1, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Power Options

1. Power Options - Similar Threads - Power Options

2. Cannot enable Power Options for Sleep and Hibernate.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot enable Power Options for Sleep and Hibernate.: Currently Power Options offers just Shut-down and Restart.When I enter "powercfg -h on" I get an error reply of "The following items are preventing hibernation on this system. An internal system component has disabled hibernation. Guarded Host" What is Guarded Host? For a...
  3. Cannot enable Power Options for Sleep and Hibernate.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot enable Power Options for Sleep and Hibernate.: Currently Power Options offers just Shut-down and Restart.When I enter "powercfg -h on" I get an error reply of "The following items are preventing hibernation on this system. An internal system component has disabled hibernation. Guarded Host" What is Guarded Host? For a...
  4. Cannot enable Power Options for Sleep and Hibernate.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 11 on an Dell Laptop Ignoring Power Options

Windows 11 on an Dell Laptop Ignoring Power Options: After performing a fresh install to Windows 11, updating drivers and completing all Windows updates. When the System > Power & Battery > Screen and Sleep settings are modified for both battery power and plugged in settings to 3 hours before the "turn off my screen" event...
  6. Windows 11 on an Dell Laptop Ignoring Power Options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 on an Dell Laptop Ignoring Power Options: After performing a fresh install to Windows 11, updating drivers and completing all Windows updates. When the System > Power & Battery > Screen and Sleep settings are modified for both battery power and plugged in settings to 3 hours before the "turn off my screen" event...
  7. how do I enable hibernation in power options for Windows 11?

how do I enable hibernation in power options for Windows 11?: how do I enable hibernation in power options for Windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-enable-hibernation-in-power-options-for/e56ccd8c-02bf-48cf-85c3-82b11ce3ef33
  8. how do I enable hibernation in power options for Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I enable hibernation in power options for Windows 11?: how do I enable hibernation in power options for Windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-enable-hibernation-in-power-options-for/e56ccd8c-02bf-48cf-85c3-82b11ce3ef33
  9. Power options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power options: Windows 10: Start Menu Missing Power Option - only Shutdown and Restart Options https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-options/84bbb789-2ee9-468f-8589-a11c3fc20a48
  10. Power options

Power options: Windows 10: Start Menu Missing Power Option - only Shutdown and Restart Options https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-options/84bbb789-2ee9-468f-8589-a11c3fc20a48

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dllfixer power saver