Windows 10: Power or Screensaver settings don't work after 2004 update?

Discus and support Power or Screensaver settings don't work after 2004 update? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have my power settings set so that the screen turns off after 5 minutes of inactivity. My screensaver timeout is also set for 5 minutes and I'm just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/mattgoldey, Jun 27, 2020.

1. Power or Screensaver settings don't work after 2004 update?

I have my power settings set so that the screen turns off after 5 minutes of inactivity. My screensaver timeout is also set for 5 minutes and I'm just using the blank screen screensaver. Basically, I just want my monitor to go off after the timeout. Since updating to 2004, it doesn't do that anymore. Anyone else notice this? Is there a solution?

submitted by /u/mattgoldey
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/mattgoldey, Jun 27, 2020

2. Screensaver Ignores Power and Sleep Settings

I have had two PCs that are totally ignoring the Screen settings in Power and Sleep. The Screen setting is set to Never, but the screensaver comes on after a minute or so nonetheless.

In one of those PCs, the Sleep setting is being followed. Don't know about the other.

The PCs are custom branded

• Intel DQ35JOE motherboard on the latest BIOS rev
    • Intel Q8200 CPU
    • 4 x 2GB DDR-800 various brands
    • 1 TB HD
    • WiFi card
    • Windows 10 Pro
    System has been tested for 24 hours with Prime95 and no errors are reported.

Ran the Power Troubleshooter and all it did was reset the Screen and Sleep settings to the defaults.

Setting are verified in the Control Panel.

Any ideas?

GreenMenComputers, Jun 27, 2020
  3. JATownes Win User
    screensaver versus no screensaver

No screensaver, just set the monitor to power down after 10 minutes though. I do miss the days of badass 3-D screensavers sometimes though.

JATownes, Jun 27, 2020
  4. Power or Screensaver settings don't work after 2004 update?

Screensaver not working except in games

I just installed a clean Windows 10 on the new machine a built. For some reason, none of the listed screensavers work EXCEPT when I'm in a game and idle.

If I'm not in a game, no screensaver will ever start. I've tried playing with the power settings including cmd powercfg, etc.

darkzero901, Jun 27, 2020
Thema:

Power or Screensaver settings don't work after 2004 update?

1. Power or Screensaver settings don't work after 2004 update? - Similar Threads - Power Screensaver settings

2. Screensaver & Power Management no longer working

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screensaver & Power Management no longer working: Greetings! Recently I noticed that the screensaver on my Windows desktop PC stopped working. Also, the power settings automatic display off / computer sleep no longer work. According to ver, I'm using "Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.19042.630]" I can't think of anything...
  3. Power & Sleep settings don't work after CU

Power & Sleep settings don't work after CU: I have a Surface 7 Pro. I recently did a Reset and wiped everything out. While installing the updates I noticed that that there was a Build update to 1903. After installing it the Power & Sleep settings don't seem to work. Any thoughts on the subject? Is there a KB that...
  4. No sleep OR screensaver since update to 2004

No sleep OR screensaver since update to 2004: I updated my PC to Version 2004 and since then, even though I have a screensaver set to come on after 10 minutes, nothing happens. I tried sleep yesterday as an option. It worked once, but never again. I looked at the update and can see no uninstall of it. Is there a...
  5. Thinkpad x250 cellular don't work after update to 2004 version

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Thinkpad x250 cellular don't work after update to 2004 version: my Lenovo Thinkpad x250 fail to connect using builtin n5321gw modem to 3g network after may2020 update is there a fix ?? I found out x1c gen3 users having same modem and same issue too submitted by /u/dr3mro [link] [comments]...
  6. Power Settings don't work

Power Settings don't work: This is an intermittent issue. Under my power settings, I have set my laptop screen to turn off after 10 minutes, sleep after 20 when plugged in. 5 minutes for screen and sleep whilst on batter power. I usually shutdown my computer on Friday for the weekend, and only put...
  7. Screensaver is not working after Windows update to 1903.

Screensaver is not working after Windows update to 1903.: I have tried setting DISPLAY, SCREEN and all the other settings to enable the screensaver to come on at the set time but nothing happens? I have to close the lid when I leave my laptop alone for awhile ***Modified Title from: Screensaver doesn’t come on at set time...
  8. Screensaver not working after update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screensaver not working after update: I updated today from Windows 7 to 10, and everything seems to be working great except for a screensaver I purchased a few years ago. I know it's a relatively minor problem, but it worked fine on 7. The screensaver worked by taking a screenshot when initialized, and...
  9. Monitor turns off after 10min (not screensaver or power settings)

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitor turns off after 10min (not screensaver or power settings): Hello just few days ago monitor (Asus PG278Q) started turning off after 10 min while watching media or idle. Checked screensaver: set to 'none' Checked power settings: max performance, set to never shut down or sleep. What else can turn off monitor except screensaver...
  10. Best power saving settings for screensaver?

Best power saving settings for screensaver?: I'm a bit confused regarding the different types of power saving (screen turn off, sleep) available on Windows 10, and would be grateful if someone could suggest the best set-up for my situtation. I turn on my home PC every morning when I get up, and turn it off before I go...