Windows 10: Power outage during disk encryption

Discus and support Power outage during disk encryption in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I was in the middle of encrypting my hard drive (Around 80% done) when power went off. When it came back on, I tried booting the machine and it asked... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by aineshane, Sep 17, 2016.

1. aineshane Win User

Power outage during disk encryption

I was in the middle of encrypting my hard drive (Around 80% done) when power went off. When it came back on, I tried booting the machine and it asked for a pw, I entered the one I had set during the encryption process but it rejected it. Is there any way of restoring the drive without losing any of my data? The machine has Windows 10 Pro on it.

Thx

:)

aineshane, Sep 17, 2016

2. Will Upgrading to Windows 10 Reset My PC?

- Power Outage

- Glitch during migration

- Incompatible hardware

Andre Da Costa, Sep 17, 2016
  3. Bitlocker corrupted my external hard disk drive. Who would pay for the loss?

Suppose I can bear the loss of data still my hard drive is ruined. It does not appear in disk management, hangs the entire PC and not just mine every other Windows operated PC. So, Does bitlocker causes power failures in external hard disk drives during
    encryption or it simply ruins their boot sectors to make them secure? How was that the healthy drive fails so badly after bitlocker encryption rendering it useless.

HARSHDESWAL, Sep 17, 2016
Thema:

Power outage during disk encryption

1. Power outage during disk encryption - Similar Threads - Power outage during

2. Power Outage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power Outage: Hi, there was a sudden power outage in my area and my PC was shut down. I was able to turn on the PC without issue but when I run DISM it says I have errors?C:\Windows\System32>DISM/sfc /scannow Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version: 10.0.22621.2792 Error: 87...
  3. Power Outage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power Outage: Hi, there was a sudden power outage in my area and my PC was shut down. I was able to turn on the PC without issue but when I run DISM it says I have errors?C:\Windows\System32>DISM/sfc /scannow Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version: 10.0.22621.2792 Error: 87...
  4. Power Outage Kernel - Power 105

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power Outage Kernel - Power 105: Hello all. My pc:13900K stock2x16 GB DDR5 GSKILL 6800Rtx 4090 Gigabyte GamingAorus Elite Z790 AXSSD KINGSTON 2TBSeasonic 1300W PX ATX 3.0 PCIE 5.win 11Hello. So in morning near 6 am , i had power outage for 30 seconds in house. Of course pc turned off. Also laptop register in...
  5. Power Outage Kernel - Power 105

Power Outage Kernel - Power 105: Hello all. My pc:13900K stock2x16 GB DDR5 GSKILL 6800Rtx 4090 Gigabyte GamingAorus Elite Z790 AXSSD KINGSTON 2TBSeasonic 1300W PX ATX 3.0 PCIE 5.win 11Hello. So in morning near 6 am , i had power outage for 30 seconds in house. Of course pc turned off. Also laptop register in...
  6. Bitlocker Encryption Interrupted due to power outage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker Encryption Interrupted due to power outage: On Windows 10 Pro 22H2, I lost power while performing a whole drive Bitlocker encryption on a USB SSD drive. After rebooting, can't unlock drive only choice. I get the following error: BitLocker encryptiton on the drive isn't compatible with your version of Windows....
  7. Bitlocker Encryption Interrupted due to power outage

Bitlocker Encryption Interrupted due to power outage: On Windows 10 Pro 22H2, I lost power while performing a whole drive Bitlocker encryption on a USB SSD drive. After rebooting, can't unlock drive only choice. I get the following error: BitLocker encryptiton on the drive isn't compatible with your version of Windows....
  8. Bitlocker Encryption Interrupted due to power outage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Restoring Lenovo laptop after power outage during windows update.

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restoring Lenovo laptop after power outage during windows update.: Hello all, really hoping you can help me with this. And if I have put this thread in the incorrect forum, please feel free to move it! Yesterday, I began the process of installing Xbox windows beta on my Laptop (Lenovo G500 Model Name 20236), the update informed me as part...
  10. Power outage during windows 10's forced update feature during the night

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Power outage during windows 10's forced update feature during the night: Anybody else hate that Microsoft implemented this feature? I know so many of my friends that have had a problem like this, working on a project only to find out it was never saved because their computer decided to update. Microsoft why?? Who in their right mind would make...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. disk 100% after power outage

2. risk of power outage corrupting bitlocker encrypted hard disk drive