Windows 10: Power outage during windows 10's forced update feature during the night

Discus and support Power outage during windows 10's forced update feature during the night in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Anybody else hate that Microsoft implemented this feature? I know so many of my friends that have had a problem like this, working on a project only to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Kris Momyer, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Power outage during windows 10's forced update feature during the night

Anybody else hate that Microsoft implemented this feature? I know so many of my friends that have had a problem like this, working on a project only to find out it was never saved because their computer decided to update. Microsoft why?? Who in their right mind would make updates MANDATORY? I mean I get having to update but forcing anyone using Windows 10 especially a outdated version trying to evade this problem. Yes the chance of it causing any issue is very low but people use their computers as professional tools for their jobs, some people could be working on a Huge project and then possibly lose it because of a corruption. Now i'm being forced to Reset my computer back to when i installed windows 10 on it so it can possibly do this all over again? I will continue using windows, only because i'm too cheap to buy anything else. This is a major inconvenience for me because its interfering with my workflow. I am debating weather or not to go back to windows 7 or 8 just so i dont have this problem again. Sorry for the rant who ever reads this.

- Regards, Kris

:)

Kris Momyer, Oct 10, 2018
  2. clackey Win User

Task Scheduler Windows-10 was fine until power outage last night

All was well until a storm related power outage last night. Now no tasks run, even manually "run".

Task Scheduler Service is running.

What else to do?

clackey, Oct 10, 2018
  3. Power outage caused programs to disappear and/or become disfunctional

Hello,

There are few factors that can contribute to the issue you are encountering. Power outages can result in data loss, corruption of folders/files, and programs not functioning.

To assist you further, kindly provide more details by answering the following questions:

• Which browser are you using to check the passwords and favorites section? Provide the list of browsers where you encountered the concern.
    • Have you tried using another account to verify if the programs are still missing on your program list?

There is a possibility that the drive index has been corrupted. We highly suggest that you check your hard drive and scan for errors by following these steps:

• Open This PC on File Explorer and locate your hard drive.
    • Right-click and choose Properties.
    • Under Tools tab, click on Check Now button.

After scanning the hard drive, hidden files and folders, as well as lost data can be restored.

Additionally, we advise running the System File Checker as another way for us to check or scan for data corruptions in Windows system files that can be affected by the power outage. To do so, follow the steps on this article:

Using System File Checker in Windows 10.

Let us know of any details pertaining to your concern.

Dhavelyn Mer, Oct 10, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Power outage during windows 10's forced update feature during the night

Windows 10 forced download

I actually had a client call yesterday with an email problem. when I tried walking him through some steps, he says "Yeah, I don't see that there, but I think it's because it's updated to windows 10. It did that a few weeks ago. I came back in on Monday, and it said Welcome to Windows 10"..... I think I'd throw the computer out the window.

Ahhzz, Oct 10, 2018
Thema:

Power outage during windows 10's forced update feature during the night

1. Power outage during windows 10's forced update feature during the night - Similar Threads - Power outage during

2. Windows doesn't boot after forced power off during updates installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows doesn't boot after forced power off during updates installation: Hello,I powered off my laptop during the updates installation as it got stuck, and now windows doesn't boot spinning wheel once computer is turned on.I tried to create a bootable USB and undo updates, and also run a repair, but it didn't help both processes were not...
  3. awake during the night

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    awake during the night: Hi my laptop temperature is decently hot going into hardcore gaming like warzone goes to low 80 but I do believe the cause of this is because my CPU is on during the night, as when I look at task manager it say above 1 day then it shuts down at night, does anybody know how to...
  4. awake during the night

in Windows 10 Gaming
    awake during the night: Hi my laptop temperature is decently hot going into hardcore gaming like warzone goes to low 80 but I do believe the cause of this is because my CPU is on during the night, as when I look at task manager it say above 1 day then it shuts down at night, does anybody know how to...
  5. awake during the night

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Restoring Lenovo laptop after power outage during windows update.

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restoring Lenovo laptop after power outage during windows update.: Hello all, really hoping you can help me with this. And if I have put this thread in the incorrect forum, please feel free to move it! Yesterday, I began the process of installing Xbox windows beta on my Laptop (Lenovo G500 Model Name 20236), the update informed me as part...
  7. Power out during Windows Update

Power out during Windows Update: During an update overnight, we had a power outage at home, when attempting to start up my PC again, I am stuck in a loop of: Install Windows Windows could not finish configuring the system. To attemot to resume configuration, restart the computer. I tried a fix of...
  8. Wake up during Night

Wake up during Night: How can I prevent the UpdateOrchestrator to wake up my computer at night? I already turned off all the other stuff that keeps waking up my computer but now they added a new task "Backup Scan" that keeps waking up the computer at intervals. I don't even have backup turned...
  9. Power outage during disk encryption

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Power outage during disk encryption: I was in the middle of encrypting my hard drive (Around 80% done) when power went off. When it came back on, I tried booting the machine and it asked for a pw, I entered the one I had set during the encryption process but it rejected it. Is there any way of restoring the...
  10. Power Failure During Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Power Failure During Update: This question has nagged me since my update to the Creator build on my Desktop. 1. What happens, if during the download of the update, the power fails? 2. Same for if it occurs while installing the update and the screen warns against turning off the computer? I have...