Windows 10: Power outage messed up computer??

Discus and support Power outage messed up computer?? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; After a power outage, my computer has been slow and boots slow. I ran chkdsk and sfc/scannow and restored my computer, and it’s still running slowly.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/matthewscz, Mar 23, 2021.

1. Power outage messed up computer??

After a power outage, my computer has been slow and boots slow. I ran chkdsk and sfc/scannow and restored my computer, and it’s still running slowly. is my hardware messed up ? what could i do to fix this ?

submitted by /u/matthewscz
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/matthewscz, Mar 23, 2021

2. Computer Causing Power Outage?

The bathroom shouldn't be on the same circuit as your bedroom and office. It should using GFCI/RCD on a different breaker all together. If you are not I suggest you get an electrician out there to fix that ASAP. If its true the entire second floor is on one circuit I suggest you move or have it rewired. That's not only poor building but dangerous.

But I don't expect you to listen to me.

If you are going to be living where you are right now I suggest you have a dedicated line ran to your computers outlet.

TheMailMan78, Mar 23, 2021
  3. Power outage caused programs to disappear and/or become disfunctional

Hello,

There are few factors that can contribute to the issue you are encountering. Power outages can result in data loss, corruption of folders/files, and programs not functioning.

To assist you further, kindly provide more details by answering the following questions:

• Which browser are you using to check the passwords and favorites section? Provide the list of browsers where you encountered the concern.
    • Have you tried using another account to verify if the programs are still missing on your program list?

There is a possibility that the drive index has been corrupted. We highly suggest that you check your hard drive and scan for errors by following these steps:

• Open This PC on File Explorer and locate your hard drive.
    • Right-click and choose Properties.
    • Under Tools tab, click on Check Now button.

After scanning the hard drive, hidden files and folders, as well as lost data can be restored.

Additionally, we advise running the System File Checker as another way for us to check or scan for data corruptions in Windows system files that can be affected by the power outage. To do so, follow the steps on this article:

Using System File Checker in Windows 10.

Let us know of any details pertaining to your concern.

Dhavelyn Mer, Mar 23, 2021
  4. Etetherin Win User

Power outage messed up computer??

Computer Wont boot after power outage.

Power outage messed up computer?? [​IMG]

Ok i will test all drives. It will just be a while I hope that is ok. I will post them all in one go when i get them all done.

Etetherin, Mar 23, 2021
Thema:

Power outage messed up computer??

1. Power outage messed up computer?? - Similar Threads - Power outage messed

2. usb drive not showing up after power outage?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    usb drive not showing up after power outage?: hello. a recent power outage happened where i live and now my flash drive doesnt work. it worked fine after that but it was beeping like "....beep...beep...beeep..." it is a seagate ps4 gaming drive, 2 terabytes....
  3. Power Outage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power Outage: Hi, there was a sudden power outage in my area and my PC was shut down. I was able to turn on the PC without issue but when I run DISM it says I have errors?C:\Windows\System32>DISM/sfc /scannow Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version: 10.0.22621.2792 Error: 87...
  4. Power Outage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power Outage: Hi, there was a sudden power outage in my area and my PC was shut down. I was able to turn on the PC without issue but when I run DISM it says I have errors?C:\Windows\System32>DISM/sfc /scannow Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version: 10.0.22621.2792 Error: 87...
  5. Power Outage Kernel - Power 105

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power Outage Kernel - Power 105: Hello all. My pc:13900K stock2x16 GB DDR5 GSKILL 6800Rtx 4090 Gigabyte GamingAorus Elite Z790 AXSSD KINGSTON 2TBSeasonic 1300W PX ATX 3.0 PCIE 5.win 11Hello. So in morning near 6 am , i had power outage for 30 seconds in house. Of course pc turned off. Also laptop register in...
  6. Power Outage Kernel - Power 105

Power Outage Kernel - Power 105: Hello all. My pc:13900K stock2x16 GB DDR5 GSKILL 6800Rtx 4090 Gigabyte GamingAorus Elite Z790 AXSSD KINGSTON 2TBSeasonic 1300W PX ATX 3.0 PCIE 5.win 11Hello. So in morning near 6 am , i had power outage for 30 seconds in house. Of course pc turned off. Also laptop register in...
  7. Computer won't boot after momentary power outage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer won't boot after momentary power outage: I recently had a brief power outage while working on my Dell Optiplex GX520 desktop, which is fully up to date with Windows 10 and working fine for its age!. When I attempted to start the computer after the outage and got a low battery voltage message and the computer would...
  8. Computer won't boot after momentary power outage

Computer won't boot after momentary power outage: I recently had a brief power outage while working on my Dell Optiplex GX520 desktop, which is fully up to date with Windows 10 and working fine for its age!. When I attempted to start the computer after the outage and got a low battery voltage message and the computer would...
  9. Computer Wont boot after power outage.

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Wont boot after power outage.: This is an odd one. So far I have tried using the following: built in system repair options for startup repair. sfc/scannow (found integrity issues and repaired them) dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth (It said it found no errors) dism /Online /Cleanup-Image...
  10. Power Outage Messed Up my Bios, Unable to Load Anything

in Windows 10 Support
    Power Outage Messed Up my Bios, Unable to Load Anything: Hi all, I got a power outage which shut my PC off instantly. When I tried powering it on, it ended up boot looping within the BIOS Post screen continuously so something was up. I've tried booting straight into UEFI boot drive but it just says Preparing Automatic Repair and...