Windows 10: Power outage or update causing print problems?

Discus and support Power outage or update causing print problems? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; On the morning of June 22, there was a power outage in my area. Ever since then, my two PCs cannot find my wireless Brother printer. The WLAN report... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BarbaraMz, Jun 23, 2022.

1. BarbaraMz Win User

Power outage or update causing print problems?

On the morning of June 22, there was a power outage in my area. Ever since then, my two PCs cannot find my wireless Brother printer. The WLAN report from my printer shows it is connected to my network, as are the two PCs, yet they can't find each other. I checked for the latest updates, as this once caused me a problem communicating with my printer. However, the latest system update KB5014699 was installed on June 19, and I was able to print that day, as well as the two days after. It wasn't until the power outage on June 22 that I started having this problem. I spent an hour on the phone wi

:)

BarbaraMz, Jun 23, 2022

2. Power outage caused programs to disappear and/or become disfunctional

Hello,

There are few factors that can contribute to the issue you are encountering. Power outages can result in data loss, corruption of folders/files, and programs not functioning.

To assist you further, kindly provide more details by answering the following questions:

• Which browser are you using to check the passwords and favorites section? Provide the list of browsers where you encountered the concern.
    • Have you tried using another account to verify if the programs are still missing on your program list?

There is a possibility that the drive index has been corrupted. We highly suggest that you check your hard drive and scan for errors by following these steps:

• Open This PC on File Explorer and locate your hard drive.
    • Right-click and choose Properties.
    • Under Tools tab, click on Check Now button.

After scanning the hard drive, hidden files and folders, as well as lost data can be restored.

Additionally, we advise running the System File Checker as another way for us to check or scan for data corruptions in Windows system files that can be affected by the power outage. To do so, follow the steps on this article:

Using System File Checker in Windows 10.

Let us know of any details pertaining to your concern.

Dhavelyn Mer, Jun 23, 2022
  3. Alainikus Win User
    Power Outage

Hi there, I just had a power outage and i'm worried that my windows installation will be damaged. I have an SSD. Should there be any steps I should do now? What should I check?

Alainikus, Jun 23, 2022
  4. Power outage or update causing print problems?

Computer Causing Power Outage?

The bathroom shouldn't be on the same circuit as your bedroom and office. It should using GFCI/RCD on a different breaker all together. If you are not I suggest you get an electrician out there to fix that ASAP. If its true the entire second floor is on one circuit I suggest you move or have it rewired. That's not only poor building but dangerous.

But I don't expect you to listen to me.

If you are going to be living where you are right now I suggest you have a dedicated line ran to your computers outlet.

TheMailMan78, Jun 23, 2022
Thema:

Power outage or update causing print problems?

1. Power outage or update causing print problems? - Similar Threads - Power outage update

2. Power Outage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power Outage: Hi, there was a sudden power outage in my area and my PC was shut down. I was able to turn on the PC without issue but when I run DISM it says I have errors?C:\Windows\System32>DISM/sfc /scannow Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version: 10.0.22621.2792 Error: 87...
  3. Power Outage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power Outage: Hi, there was a sudden power outage in my area and my PC was shut down. I was able to turn on the PC without issue but when I run DISM it says I have errors?C:\Windows\System32>DISM/sfc /scannow Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version: 10.0.22621.2792 Error: 87...
  4. Power Outage Kernel - Power 105

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power Outage Kernel - Power 105: Hello all. My pc:13900K stock2x16 GB DDR5 GSKILL 6800Rtx 4090 Gigabyte GamingAorus Elite Z790 AXSSD KINGSTON 2TBSeasonic 1300W PX ATX 3.0 PCIE 5.win 11Hello. So in morning near 6 am , i had power outage for 30 seconds in house. Of course pc turned off. Also laptop register in...
  5. Power Outage Kernel - Power 105

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power Outage Kernel - Power 105: Hello all. My pc:13900K stock2x16 GB DDR5 GSKILL 6800Rtx 4090 Gigabyte GamingAorus Elite Z790 AXSSD KINGSTON 2TBSeasonic 1300W PX ATX 3.0 PCIE 5.win 11Hello. So in morning near 6 am , i had power outage for 30 seconds in house. Of course pc turned off. Also laptop register in...
  6. Power outage or update causing print problems?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power outage or update causing print problems?: On the morning of June 22, there was a power outage in my area. Ever since then, my two PCs cannot find my wireless Brother printer. The WLAN report from my printer shows it is connected to my network, as are the two PCs, yet they can't find each other. I checked for the...
  7. Power outage or update causing print problems?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Power outage or update causing print problems?: On the morning of June 22, there was a power outage in my area. Ever since then, my two PCs cannot find my wireless Brother printer. The WLAN report from my printer shows it is connected to my network, as are the two PCs, yet they can't find each other. I checked for the...
  8. Power outage caused program not to run anymore and cannot reinstall.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Power outage caused program not to run anymore and cannot reinstall.: I was using TC2000, a stock market trading program, a few days ago. During this time there was a power outage. When I restated the PC the program would not load. or run. I uninstalled the program and downloaded it again, but it does not install. It begins to run then stops.I...
  9. power outage while updating

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    power outage while updating: while updating, (about 85% complete) there was a power outage and when rebooting i got the message "C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Desktop" is unavailable. I tried windows button with I but nothing happened, i bought the computer with the software already loaded and...
  10. Display Problem After Power Outage in Middle of Windows Updates

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Display Problem After Power Outage in Middle of Windows Updates: My friend has an HP Pavilion P6874 upgraded from W7 to W10 a few years ago. He tells me that everything was great on the computer until the other week. While the tower was in the midst of installing updates the power in their house went out (not computer related). When the...