Windows 10: Power outage while running windows 10 restore. now it will not finish restore and tells me...

Discus and support Power outage while running windows 10 restore. now it will not finish restore and tells me... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I was given a HP Stream pc 13 c-110-nr. Due to not wanting anything they had left on it, I decided to restore the thing to factory new and ran the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by buzzbbird, May 18, 2019.

1. buzzbbird Win User

Power outage while running windows 10 restore. now it will not finish restore and tells me...

I was given a HP Stream pc 13 c-110-nr. Due to not wanting anything they had left on it, I decided to restore the thing to factory new and ran the delete everything option.
    Then after the restore said it finished and was now reloading windows components, loss of power.

I figured this should be no big deal, never was a problem from win 98 or XP ot Win 7. But now, it just starts and tells me it unexpectedly turned off during the recovery, to turn off and try again.

Oh, nicer surprise, when trying to get into the other options, it tells me that I need to be signed in as admin on the system, but no admin accounts exist.

HELP!
    it seems that now I have a pretty (very pretty) paper weight!

:)

buzzbbird, May 18, 2019

2. Windows XP PRO error after restore

System restore is handy when it works like it did for me 2 days ago saving the need to reinstall all of my software as well as windows, id suggest using norton Ghost 12 for an excellent system restore feature.

jocksteeluk, May 18, 2019
  3. mrsscotty Win User
    power outage-Windows 10 will not finish booting

Help !!! Had a power outage this morning and now I cannot get windows 10 to complete boot up

It starts the booting process and then my screen goes blank. I cannot even get to the prompt screen? To run any. diagnostics. any suggestions ?ANY HELP WOULD BE SO APPRECIATED!!!!!!!!

thank you!!!!!

mrsscotty, May 18, 2019
  4. Pinchy Win User

Power outage while running windows 10 restore. now it will not finish restore and tells me...

windows xp duel boot with vista restore points

Turn off system restore in XP altogether...or if you dont want to, AsRocks suggestion should work :\

Pinchy, May 18, 2019
Thema:

1. Power outage while running windows 10 restore. now it will not finish restore and tells me... - Similar Threads - Power outage while

2. Power outage forced me to reinstall windows 11, now Backup and Restore will not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power outage forced me to reinstall windows 11, now Backup and Restore will not work: Shortest story I can tell:My original problem was a Power outage resulted in my computer being unable to boot past the log in screen. So I needed to reinstall Windows 11 on my C: Drive. But before I came to that conclusion I attempted several methods to diagnose and restore...
  3. Power outage forced me to reinstall windows 11, now Backup and Restore will not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power outage forced me to reinstall windows 11, now Backup and Restore will not work: Shortest story I can tell:My original problem was a Power outage resulted in my computer being unable to boot past the log in screen. So I needed to reinstall Windows 11 on my C: Drive. But before I came to that conclusion I attempted several methods to diagnose and restore...
  4. System Restore did not finish

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Restore did not finish: After a recent windows update my shared printer stopped working. I went to go back to the previous restore point and it never finished after 3 hours. Looked online and saw this is a common problem but now system is unusable.Tried Reset my PC but has for my bitlocker ID to...
  5. System restore interrupted with power outage-

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System restore interrupted with power outage-: I will try my best to explain my circumstance....PC was undergoing a system restore and was restoring registry at the time power outage occurred. When electricity came back on later, PC was powered up but nothing happens other than I can hear it run, fan starts, and lights...
  6. Cannot finish update restoring

Cannot finish update restoring: Windows 10 Home Version 1903 OS build 18362.1016 Update fails repeatedly, 1. I ran the Update trouble shooter. It "fixed some things" but after rebooting Update continued to fail. 2. Following the advice on Fix: We Couldn't Complete the Updates Undoing Changes on Windows 10 -...
  7. Restoring Lenovo laptop after power outage during windows update.

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restoring Lenovo laptop after power outage during windows update.: Hello all, really hoping you can help me with this. And if I have put this thread in the incorrect forum, please feel free to move it! Yesterday, I began the process of installing Xbox windows beta on my Laptop (Lenovo G500 Model Name 20236), the update informed me as part...
  8. Windows will not finish system restore

Windows will not finish system restore: System will not finish system restore https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-will-not-finish-system-restore/8841de45-583b-4390-a69c-1823aa8e2515
  9. power outage while updating

power outage while updating: while updating, (about 85% complete) there was a power outage and when rebooting i got the message "C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Desktop" is unavailable. I tried windows button with I but nothing happened, i bought the computer with the software already loaded and...
  10. Windows 10 - Power Outage while installing

Windows 10 - Power Outage while installing: Hi guys! As the topic says, there was a Power Outage while I was busy installing Windows 10. I'm from South Africa, we have something called "LoadShedding". Where the goverment randomly switch the power off of a certain area, due to the fact that they own the company,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. power outage during win system restore