Windows 10: Power outage while working in Wordpad

Discus and support Power outage while working in Wordpad in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I was about 800 words into a Wordpad document I was working on then the power blipped. Just long enough to turn the computer and the television off.... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Jezza819, May 24, 2020.

1. Jezza819 Win User

Power outage while working in Wordpad

I was about 800 words into a Wordpad document I was working on then the power blipped. Just long enough to turn the computer and the television off. When everything restarted my document has apparently disappeared. In Windows 10 is there anything that might save that document somewhere?

My version number is 18363.836.

:)

Jezza819, May 24, 2020

2. Power outage caused programs to disappear and/or become disfunctional

Hello,

There are few factors that can contribute to the issue you are encountering. Power outages can result in data loss, corruption of folders/files, and programs not functioning.

To assist you further, kindly provide more details by answering the following questions:

• Which browser are you using to check the passwords and favorites section? Provide the list of browsers where you encountered the concern.
    • Have you tried using another account to verify if the programs are still missing on your program list?

There is a possibility that the drive index has been corrupted. We highly suggest that you check your hard drive and scan for errors by following these steps:

• Open This PC on File Explorer and locate your hard drive.
    • Right-click and choose Properties.
    • Under Tools tab, click on Check Now button.

After scanning the hard drive, hidden files and folders, as well as lost data can be restored.

Additionally, we advise running the System File Checker as another way for us to check or scan for data corruptions in Windows system files that can be affected by the power outage. To do so, follow the steps on this article:

Using System File Checker in Windows 10.

Let us know of any details pertaining to your concern.

Dhavelyn Mer, May 24, 2020
  3. westom Win User
    Power Outage

Good. Only the most naive make blanket declarations. The educated also say why a power outage causes damage to each component. Obviously, irregular current, harmonics, etc are not power outages. And your knowledge also says electronics work just fine even when incandescent bulbs dim to 50% intensity. Those irregularities are perfectly ideal power to all electronics. Obviously from manufacturer specs and industry standards.

But others claim they 'know' a power outage causes electronics damage. And cannot even identify one component damaged by that outage. They just know because they just know. You are educated. Therefore you can always include the reasons why you know - with numbers.

What component is destroyed by a power outage? And why? Include references to the datasheet or some other equivalent fact used by the educated. And, as always required, the numbers.

westom, May 24, 2020
  4. Power outage while working in Wordpad

wordpad notepad

hi

I went to use WordPad today but am unable to find it in apps. Scrolling down the list it doesn't list notepad or WordPad as an app. I tried to ask Cortana to open it by saying "open WordPad" all I get as a response is her say open what app. looking at the
    speechbox it seems to recognise what I am saying I couldn't get her to open any apps try calculator as well . She did suggest sites on how to open WordPad. In the end I went through file explorer and found a shortcut to WordPad but why isn't it listed as an
    app ?

Derek Hudson, May 24, 2020
Thema:

Power outage while working in Wordpad

1. Power outage while working in Wordpad - Similar Threads - Power outage while

2. Power Outage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power Outage: Hi, there was a sudden power outage in my area and my PC was shut down. I was able to turn on the PC without issue but when I run DISM it says I have errors?C:\Windows\System32>DISM/sfc /scannow Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version: 10.0.22621.2792 Error: 87...
  3. Power Outage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power Outage: Hi, there was a sudden power outage in my area and my PC was shut down. I was able to turn on the PC without issue but when I run DISM it says I have errors?C:\Windows\System32>DISM/sfc /scannow Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version: 10.0.22621.2792 Error: 87...
  4. Ethernet not working after a power outage of sorts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet not working after a power outage of sorts: Yesterday there was a big storm and my power sort of went out but nothing actually turned off except my wifi, Soon after the wifi turned back on I realized the ethernet on my computer doesn't work at all. I tried it on another device and it would still be working but not on...
  5. Ethernet not working after a power outage of sorts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet not working after a power outage of sorts: Yesterday there was a big storm and my power sort of went out but nothing actually turned off except my wifi, Soon after the wifi turned back on I realized the ethernet on my computer doesn't work at all. I tried it on another device and it would still be working but not on...
  6. Ethernet not working after a power outage of sorts

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Ethernet not working after power outage flicker

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ethernet not working after power outage flicker: I'll try to be brief. I have a router on one end of the house with an ethernet cable running underneath to the opposite end into a netgear box that runs ethernet to 2 desktops. Our power flickered and now we're not getting internet, wifi still works from the router. Internet...
  8. power outage while updating

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    power outage while updating: while updating, (about 85% complete) there was a power outage and when rebooting i got the message "C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Desktop" is unavailable. I tried windows button with I but nothing happened, i bought the computer with the software already loaded and...
  9. Power outage while PC in sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Power outage while PC in sleep: My PC suffered a power Outage while it was in sleep mode. When power came back, I started it up and it was running very slow, could not even get Task Master to work. Re Boot and screen message said a disk cleanup was necessary. When that did not work, went to USB startup disk...
  10. Windows 10 - Power Outage while installing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 - Power Outage while installing: Hi guys! As the topic says, there was a Power Outage while I was busy installing Windows 10. I'm from South Africa, we have something called "LoadShedding". Where the goverment randomly switch the power off of a certain area, due to the fact that they own the company,...