Windows 10: Power Outage

Discus and support Power Outage in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, there was a sudden power outage in my area and my PC was shut down. I was able to turn on the PC without issue but when I run DISM it says I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by GabrielaJessica, Feb 26, 2024.

1. Power Outage

Hi, there was a sudden power outage in my area and my PC was shut down. I was able to turn on the PC without issue but when I run DISM it says I have errors?C:\Windows\System32>DISM/sfc /scannow Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version: 10.0.22621.2792 Error: 87 The sfc option is unknown. For more information, refer to the help by running DISM.exe /?. The DISM log file can be found at C:\WINDOWS\Logs\DISM\dism.log Is there something I need to do? Are there other scans I need to perform to ensure there is no issue?

:)

GabrielaJessica, Feb 26, 2024
  2. Alainikus Win User

Power Outage

Hi there, I just had a power outage and i'm worried that my windows installation will be damaged. I have an SSD. Should there be any steps I should do now? What should I check?

Alainikus, Feb 26, 2024
  3. Power outage caused programs to disappear and/or become disfunctional

Hello,

There are few factors that can contribute to the issue you are encountering. Power outages can result in data loss, corruption of folders/files, and programs not functioning.

To assist you further, kindly provide more details by answering the following questions:

• Which browser are you using to check the passwords and favorites section? Provide the list of browsers where you encountered the concern.
    • Have you tried using another account to verify if the programs are still missing on your program list?

There is a possibility that the drive index has been corrupted. We highly suggest that you check your hard drive and scan for errors by following these steps:

• Open This PC on File Explorer and locate your hard drive.
    • Right-click and choose Properties.
    • Under Tools tab, click on Check Now button.

After scanning the hard drive, hidden files and folders, as well as lost data can be restored.

Additionally, we advise running the System File Checker as another way for us to check or scan for data corruptions in Windows system files that can be affected by the power outage. To do so, follow the steps on this article:

Using System File Checker in Windows 10.

Let us know of any details pertaining to your concern.

Dhavelyn Mer, Feb 26, 2024
  4. westom Win User

Power Outage

Power Outage

Good. Only the most naive make blanket declarations. The educated also say why a power outage causes damage to each component. Obviously, irregular current, harmonics, etc are not power outages. And your knowledge also says electronics work just fine even when incandescent bulbs dim to 50% intensity. Those irregularities are perfectly ideal power to all electronics. Obviously from manufacturer specs and industry standards.

But others claim they 'know' a power outage causes electronics damage. And cannot even identify one component damaged by that outage. They just know because they just know. You are educated. Therefore you can always include the reasons why you know - with numbers.

What component is destroyed by a power outage? And why? Include references to the datasheet or some other equivalent fact used by the educated. And, as always required, the numbers.

westom, Feb 26, 2024
Thema:

Power Outage

1. Power Outage - Similar Threads - Power Outage

2. I haven't used my laptop since the global power outage and when I turned it on it had 2...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I haven't used my laptop since the global power outage and when I turned it on it had 2...: I haven't used my laptop since the global power outage and when I turned it on it had 2 windows updates dated before the outage. Should I install these updates...
  3. I haven't used my laptop since the global power outage and when I turned it on it had 2...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I haven't used my laptop since the global power outage and when I turned it on it had 2...: I haven't used my laptop since the global power outage and when I turned it on it had 2 windows updates dated before the outage. Should I install these updates...
  4. After power outage second monitor won't detect signal.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After power outage second monitor won't detect signal.: After the power outage i turned my pc on and only my main monitor is working. I tried pretty much everything and nothing works. The second monitor is quite older and my pc is a bit newer so i had to use VGA to DisplayPort converter and it was working fine for over a year. The...
  5. After power outage second monitor won't detect signal.

After power outage second monitor won't detect signal.: After the power outage i turned my pc on and only my main monitor is working. I tried pretty much everything and nothing works. The second monitor is quite older and my pc is a bit newer so i had to use VGA to DisplayPort converter and it was working fine for over a year. The...
  6. Factory Resetting and Reinstalling Windows but had a sudden Power Outage, what do I do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Factory Resetting and Reinstalling Windows but had a sudden Power Outage, what do I do?: My Window OS is stuck in the Loading Screen and kept on rebooting, as if it was stuck on a Limbo since All my files are deleted, I cannot use WindowsImageBackup on my empty drive and is stuck. What do I do?...
  7. Factory Resetting and Reinstalling Windows but had a sudden Power Outage, what do I do?

Factory Resetting and Reinstalling Windows but had a sudden Power Outage, what do I do?: My Window OS is stuck in the Loading Screen and kept on rebooting, as if it was stuck on a Limbo since All my files are deleted, I cannot use WindowsImageBackup on my empty drive and is stuck. What do I do?...
  8. Factory Resetting and Reinstalling Windows but had a sudden Power Outage, what do I do?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Pc acting up after crash/power outage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc acting up after crash/power outage: 2 days ago, a power outage happend at our house and my pc crashed. When I booted it back up, I found an error from wallpaper engine, saying that it didn't shut down properly. At first it didn't bother me, since as a matter of fact my pc crashed. But then I booted up fortnite,...
  10. Pc acting up after crash/power outage

Pc acting up after crash/power outage: 2 days ago, a power outage happend at our house and my pc crashed. When I booted it back up, I found an error from wallpaper engine, saying that it didn't shut down properly. At first it didn't bother me, since as a matter of fact my pc crashed. But then I booted up fortnite,...