Windows 10: Power plan changing to 'Power saver' automatically

Discus and support Power plan changing to 'Power saver' automatically in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi,I recently came across a problem with my performance on my laptop. In the end, I discovered that the power plans on my laptop Windows 10 are messed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by adriowa, Apr 9, 2022.

1. adriowa Win User

Power plan changing to 'Power saver' automatically

Hi,I recently came across a problem with my performance on my laptop. In the end, I discovered that the power plans on my laptop Windows 10 are messed up real good.On every start or restart, every time I plug and unplug the charger, the Windows power plan is set to 'Power saver'. If I delete it, simply plug or unplug the charger and it's already created back.It is very annoying to switch back to the correct power plan everytime. But more importantly, it is probably not even working as intended anymore, because my gaming experience is ruined no matter what power plan I pick. I assume the perfor

:)

adriowa, Apr 9, 2022
  2. Geethu B Win User

Power plans automatically changing

Hi Jonah,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with power plans.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue could have occurred due to incorrect Power settings. Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

Let’s run the power troubleshooter and check if that helps.

a. Press Windows key on the keyboard.

b. In the search box, type Troubleshooting and press
    Enter.

c. Click on ‘System and Security’ and click on ‘Power’ click on next to run the troubleshooter.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to
    restore the power plans to default and check if it helps.

Step 1: Reset and restore the power plans to default:

• Right-click on
      Start button
      and click on Command Prompt (Admin).

• In the command prompt, type powercfg –restoredefaultschemes
      and hit Enter.

• Exit command prompt.
    Note: This would reset the power plan settings to default. Any customized power plans are would be removed.

Step 2:

Once the power plan is reset to default, you may create a
    new power plan
    and customize the same according to your needs.

Refer to the link:

Power plans: Frequently asked questions

Windows help & learning - Microsoft Support

Note: Applies to Windows 10.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Apr 9, 2022
  3. John Fer Win User
    Power plan?

Upon checking, it seems that there's nothing wrong with your system. It is usual that you have to double-click your mouse before your monitor wakes up.

For the meantime, we suggest changing the power plan by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + S.
    • Type in Power Settings.
    • On the pop-up window, choose Additional power settings.
    • Select High performance.

After changing the power plan, we suggest that you monitor the changes made and check if that will work for you.

Get back to us if you need further help.

John Fer, Apr 9, 2022
  4. Ṣmeed Win User

Ṣmeed, Apr 9, 2022
Thema:

1. Power plan changing to 'Power saver' automatically - Similar Threads - Power plan changing

2. Automatic Change of Power Plan

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automatic Change of Power Plan: When I Start On My Laptop Automatically My Power Plan Going to High Perfomance Power Plan , Then I Change To Balance Power Plan and Close the Control Panel . After That I Again Go to the Power Plan and There is Only Balance Power Plan . But If I Reboot My Laptop Then Power...
  3. Automatic Change of Power Plan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatic Change of Power Plan: When I Start On My Laptop Automatically My Power Plan Going to High Perfomance Power Plan , Then I Change To Balance Power Plan and Close the Control Panel . After That I Again Go to the Power Plan and There is Only Balance Power Plan . But If I Reboot My Laptop Then Power...
  4. Automatic Change Of Power Plan

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automatic Change Of Power Plan: When I Start On My Laptop Automatically My Power Plan Going to High Perfomance Power Plan , Then I Change To Balance Power Plan and Close the Control Panel . After That I Again Go to the Power Plan and There is Only Balance Power Plan . But If I Reboot My Laptop Then Power...
  5. Automatic Change Of Power Plan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatic Change Of Power Plan: When I Start On My Laptop Automatically My Power Plan Going to High Perfomance Power Plan , Then I Change To Balance Power Plan and Close the Control Panel . After That I Again Go to the Power Plan and There is Only Balance Power Plan . But If I Reboot My Laptop Then Power...
  6. Power plan changing to 'Power saver' automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power plan changing to 'Power saver' automatically: Hi,I recently came across a problem with my performance on my laptop. In the end, I discovered that the power plans on my laptop Windows 10 are messed up real good.On every start or restart, every time I plug and unplug the charger, the Windows power plan is set to 'Power...
  7. Power plan changing to 'Power saver' automatically

in Windows 10 Customization
    Power plan changing to 'Power saver' automatically: Hi,I recently came across a problem with my performance on my laptop. In the end, I discovered that the power plans on my laptop Windows 10 are messed up real good.On every start or restart, every time I plug and unplug the charger, the Windows power plan is set to 'Power...
  8. Laptop balanced power plan or power saver

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop balanced power plan or power saver: My laptop vents has no dust and foreign matters, also i have cooling pad. But when cpu going to 100% caused by update, maintenance, etc, it can hurt my 6 years laptop. Since the temperature can be mesured in 3rd patry app called core temp it rise about 75% when heavy load,...
  9. power plan is changing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    power plan is changing: My laptop is set to never sleep. However, sometimes it actually goes to sleep. But the issue is that when it awakes, Windows changes my power plan. Any assistance is appreciated....
  10. Power Plan automatically changing at game launch

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power Plan automatically changing at game launch: I had noticed my PC wasn't going to sleep as expected. What I found was the power plan had switched from my custom Balanced plan to the High Performance plan. I've been able to reproduce this by launching a game with the control panel power options window up in my other...