Windows 10: Power Plan: how to change brightness on battery / plugged in?

Discus and support Power Plan: how to change brightness on battery / plugged in? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The latest (about a week ago?) windows 10 update seems to have removed some features from the Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Power Options page... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BrianH11, Sep 1, 2019.

1. BrianH11 Win User

Power Plan: how to change brightness on battery / plugged in?

The latest (about a week ago?) windows 10 update seems to have removed some features from the Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Power Options page and the pages underneath it. Specifically, under Change Plan Settings it seems they removed the ability to set a different screen brightness when on battery power vs when plugged in (I'm using a laptop). Is this feature gone for good, or has it been moved to somewhere else?

:)

BrianH11, Sep 1, 2019

2. How to keep the same brightness as when the laptop is plugged in while on battery power?

Hi,

If the Power Options settings have been configured to reduce brightness when the laptop is plugged in, you will experience this issue.

To rectify the problem, please be guided by the steps below:

• From the desktop screen, right-click the Start button.
    • Click Power Options from the menu.
    • From the right pane of the Power Options window, click the
      Change plan settings
      link representing the power plan that is currently selected.
      Normally the Balanced (recommended) power plan is selected by default.
    • Once the next window opens up, move the Adjust plan brightness slider under the
      Plugged in column to the right to increase the brightness. If you are unsure about which settings would be best for your laptop, click the
      Restore default settings for this plan link.
    • Click Save changes. The Save changes button would remain disabled if you have restored the power plan settings to default.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Aileen Alf, Sep 1, 2019
  3. How to disable Brightness change when plugging in or unplugging power cord?

Right click on your battery > Power options > Click on Change plan settings against your selected power plan > Here, you can set Adjust plan brightness to same for both On Battery and Plugged in

Vijay_Verma, Sep 1, 2019
  4. slance310 Win User

Change of brightness when power adapter is plugged in or out

Hi,

You should have separate Brightness settings for Battery and Plugged in (Power)...

I don't have access to my laptop at the moment to provide the precise steps to change the settings.... sorry...

slance310, Sep 1, 2019
Thema:

1. Power Plan: how to change brightness on battery / plugged in? - Similar Threads - Power Plan change

2. Brightness Auto Changing NOT Solved & Power plan issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Brightness Auto Changing NOT Solved & Power plan issues: Hello, when i play fullscreen games on Steam such as Rust Unity game and Unturned Unity game Does not happen for example: Minecraft of Fortnite my internal laptop display sets itself to 100% Brightness. This does NOT happen when my laptop isnt plugged in, what ive...
  3. Brightness Auto Changing NOT Solved & Power plan issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brightness Auto Changing NOT Solved & Power plan issues: Hello, when i play fullscreen games on Steam such as Rust Unity game and Unturned Unity game Does not happen for example: Minecraft of Fortnite my internal laptop display sets itself to 100% Brightness. This does NOT happen when my laptop isnt plugged in, what ive...
  4. How to change Brightness when Plugged in or on Battery – Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    How to change Brightness when Plugged in or on Battery – Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]If you want to change screen brightness when plugged in or on battery, here is how you can do that. It is quite straightforward to change the brightness of your screen when using Windows 11 or Windows 10. There are essentially three ways to adjust the brightness, and...
  5. No option For adaptive Brightness/Power Plan

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No option For adaptive Brightness/Power Plan: [ATTACH] Recently I attempted to turn off adaptive Brightness as It's a pain. My system Is fully up to date, and when I went to check not only is there no option to change to the power plan as seen below. There is no option to de-activate Adaptive brightness. I attempted...
  6. How to change Power button action when on battery or plugged in

in Windows 10 News
    How to change Power button action when on battery or plugged in: [ATTACH]In this post, we will show you how to change the Power button action […] This article How to change Power button action when on battery or plugged in first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. Settings between Battery-powered and Plugged-in not changing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Settings between Battery-powered and Plugged-in not changing: Hi there. Recently I have noticed that the settings for both battery-powered and plugged-in statuses have changed. For example, my brightness level used to be at 50% when I have it on battery, and 100% for when plugged in. However, something changed recently to where this no...
  8. How to change Screen Brightness Battery/Plugged in

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change Screen Brightness Battery/Plugged in: I'm trying to adjust the screen brightness so that the screen dims when on battery power. The options do not seem to exist. I want the screen brightness to be 100% when plugged in and 33% when on battery....
  9. How do i make my power plan change when plugged or not plugged.

How do i make my power plan change when plugged or not plugged.: So in the control panel, I found this power plan section. I usually always charge my computer as I use it so I choose the high-performance plan, but it uses more energy so when I don't charge my computer and use it I want it to change to hp recommended power plan that doesn't...
  10. power plan is changing

power plan is changing: My laptop is set to never sleep. However, sometimes it actually goes to sleep. But the issue is that when it awakes, Windows changes my power plan. Any assistance is appreciated....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. change brightness on plugged in or battery

2. change display brightness battery in windows 10

3. change display brightness when plugged in windows 10 laptop

4. changing power plan plugged in to baterries,
  5. how to change screen brightness battery/plugged in,
  6. screen brightness wont automatically change from battery to plugged in win 10,
  7. adjust brightness when plugged in or on battery,
  8. change windows brightness if plugged,
  9. different screen brightness when using battery,
  10. plugged in brightness,
  11. windows 10 battery brightness ac on,
  12. windoes 1903 display brightness,
  13. brightness on power vs battery - adjust plan