Windows 10: Power Plan keeps on shifting to Power Saver Every time

Discus and support Power Plan keeps on shifting to Power Saver Every time in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; In my Asus TUF FX505DY, whenever I turn on the laptop or put it on a charge or wake it up after sleep, the power plan changes to Power Saver. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AndyDan1, Aug 21, 2020.

1. AndyDan1 Win User

Power Plan keeps on shifting to Power Saver Every time

In my Asus TUF FX505DY, whenever I turn on the laptop or put it on a charge or wake it up after sleep, the power plan changes to Power Saver. I have tried everything from cmd to registry to Clean Boot to even reinstalling windows, but none of them worked. I updated Windows, all drivers but that too didn't work. Can anyone help me for this?

:)

AndyDan1, Aug 21, 2020
  2. John Fer Win User

Power plan?

Upon checking, it seems that there's nothing wrong with your system. It is usual that you have to double-click your mouse before your monitor wakes up.

For the meantime, we suggest changing the power plan by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + S.
    • Type in Power Settings.
    • On the pop-up window, choose Additional power settings.
    • Select High performance.

After changing the power plan, we suggest that you monitor the changes made and check if that will work for you.

Get back to us if you need further help.

John Fer, Aug 21, 2020
  3. Ṣmeed Win User
  4. Power Plan keeps on shifting to Power Saver Every time

Windows 10 1709 - Get back Power saver power plan

You can get the Power Saver power plan back by doing the following:

1. Open Windows Mobility Center1.
    2. On the Battery Status part, you can see the charge (%) of the battery, as well as a dropdown menu with the current power plan selected.
    3. Click the dropdown menu to see the other power plans.
    4. Select your power plan. (In your case, you're likely to select the Power Saver power plan)
    5. That's it! If you go to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Power Options, you can see your selected power plan.

1 You can open Windows Mobility Center either by right-clicking the battery icon on the system tray and clicking the Windows Mobility Center option, or by simply launching it directly by searching for it.

Lloyd Dominic, Aug 21, 2020
Thema:

Power Plan keeps on shifting to Power Saver Every time

1. Power Plan keeps on shifting to Power Saver Every time - Similar Threads - Power Plan keeps

2. Power plans

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power plans: I tried all different solutions but nothing worked.I downloaded the pow files and nothing worked.I tried these codes:powercfg -duplicatescheme 8c5e7fda-e8bf-4a96-9a85-a6e23a8c635cpowercfg -duplicatescheme e9a42b02-d5df-448d-aa00-03f14749eb61powercfg -duplicatescheme...
  3. Power plan changing to 'Power saver' automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power plan changing to 'Power saver' automatically: Hi,I recently came across a problem with my performance on my laptop. In the end, I discovered that the power plans on my laptop Windows 10 are messed up real good.On every start or restart, every time I plug and unplug the charger, the Windows power plan is set to 'Power...
  4. Power plan changing to 'Power saver' automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power plan changing to 'Power saver' automatically: Hi,I recently came across a problem with my performance on my laptop. In the end, I discovered that the power plans on my laptop Windows 10 are messed up real good.On every start or restart, every time I plug and unplug the charger, the Windows power plan is set to 'Power...
  5. Power plan changing to 'Power saver' automatically

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Power plan keeps changing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Power plan keeps changing: So this has been happening for a couple of weeks now, but it was tolerable. I was just playing Hades (with the best build I ever had, right before the boss I could never beat) and Windows decided that the "Balanced" power plan would replaced my "High Performance" plan that I...
  7. Laptop balanced power plan or power saver

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop balanced power plan or power saver: My laptop vents has no dust and foreign matters, also i have cooling pad. But when cpu going to 100% caused by update, maintenance, etc, it can hurt my 6 years laptop. Since the temperature can be mesured in 3rd patry app called core temp it rise about 75% when heavy load,...
  8. Power Plan

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power Plan: My power plan only has the balanced one and I can't figure out how to get the high performance one. I went into create a power plan but it wasn't there also. Any way I can get the high performance plan?...
  9. Power Plans

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power Plans: I recently did a Fresh Start on my HP laptop as I was having issues with Windows Defender and my computer was running slow despite my best efforts to fix it. The install solved the problems I was having with Windows Defender and speed but I have been having issues with the...
  10. Power Plan Changes Every Boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Power Plan Changes Every Boot: This only started happening after I upgraded motherboard, CPU and clean installed Win 10. I have always set the power plan to performance. Every boot or restart, the plan will revert back to the balance plan. I can't find any settings that would do this. I even created a plan...