Windows 10: Power Plan not Saving after Reboot

Discus and support Power Plan not Saving after Reboot in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; For some reason my windows 10 pro high performance power plan is not sticking when chosen after a reboot or shutdown.It did before.A bunch of windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by NIK1, Jan 15, 2018.

1. NIK1 Win User

Power Plan not Saving after Reboot

For some reason my windows 10 pro high performance power plan is not sticking when chosen after a reboot or shutdown.It did before.A bunch of windows updates were installed last night that might of done it.My version is Win 10 pro 1607 14393.2007.I noticed restore plan defaults are greyed out in balanced and performance advanced settings.Any ideas on what to look for.

:)

2. cteeter Win User

Windows 10 Pro, desktop. Same problem, no solution found.

I created a power plan, named it, saved it. I use that plan then, after a few days my system has been reset to the "power saving" plan. My created plan is still in the preferred list; but not being used. I chose it again and it works works a few days. Why
    can't a problem this widespread be provided with a fix. I am on a Windows 10 Pro, desktop. New $2000+ system as of December 2017. Alas, the power plan will not stay properly set.

Is there a solution other than reelecting the power plan ever few days?

cteeter, Jan 15, 2018
  3. Power Plan keeps changing on Windows Update

This is an ongoing issue since the Fall Creators update.

Microsoft reps: READ BEFORE ANSWERING

This is a brand new Win 10 install, this behavior started as SOON as the update cycle from Microsoft was finished post install.

Power Plan: "High Performance" changed to "My Custom Plan"

All power savings options disabled, all timers set to 0 (this is a desktop, it is NOT meant to be thrifty)

After any reboot (clean or not) power plan reverts to "High Performance" preset from MS, not "My Custom Plan" with options.

Any Microsoft, rep, explain this behavior on a new install.

Again, fresh install of Win 10 from USB straight from the MS site.

Yes I have performed a "Clean Boot" with the same results, power plan is changed without user consent or knowledge.

Stop using a clean reboot as a deflection, do some research, and earn Ranger title (cuz if you have an MS Ranger title and you say do a clean reboot, I'm reporting you, and asking you have your cert pulled pending retesting).

SeanDriskel, Jan 15, 2018
  4. Power Plan not Saving after Reboot

FreeBooter, Jan 15, 2018
  5. Try3 Win User
    I suggest

1 running SFC /scannow in an elevated cmd window
    or
    2 running a repair install using your ver 1607 ISO file
    or
    3 running a repair install using a ver 1709 ISO file which will also update you to the latest version [in which power plans are treated differently but you can still create your own custom plans to replace High performance & Power saver default plans - see Default Power plans deleted, need restore]

There are TenForums tutorials for SFC and for repair installs.

Denis

Try3, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Power Plan not Saving after Reboot

1. Power Plan not Saving after Reboot - Similar Threads - Power Plan Saving

2. Power plans

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power plans: I tried all different solutions but nothing worked.I downloaded the pow files and nothing worked.I tried these codes:powercfg -duplicatescheme 8c5e7fda-e8bf-4a96-9a85-a6e23a8c635cpowercfg -duplicatescheme e9a42b02-d5df-448d-aa00-03f14749eb61powercfg -duplicatescheme...
  3. Missing options in power saving plans

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Missing options in power saving plans: Hey friends, I recently got a new Dell Inspiron 14 and I'm missing a lot of advanced options I was expecting when setting up a power saving plan. I can't set min or max CPU perfomance for either battery or powered states, can't set screen brightness either. I used to be able...
  4. Power Plans

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Power Plans: I updated my laptop to windows 10 2004 version and all my powerplans are missing. Please help submitted by /u/Caratecat [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/idb06t/power_plans/
  5. power plan

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    power plan: pls. help to set my window power plan to high performance level, since computer is running slow and always got jammed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-plan/350c8da4-a351-430a-bd97-62c8ee82c948
  6. Power Plans

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Power Plans: I've noticed that my fan is constantly running on high lately even when I have no apps or programs open. I went into the battery setting in order to change my power plan and there is only balanced. What's going on and is there another way to fix this issue?...
  7. Power Plan

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power Plan: My power plan only has the balanced one and I can't figure out how to get the high performance one. I went into create a power plan but it wasn't there also. Any way I can get the high performance plan?...
  8. Power Plans

in Windows 10 Customization
    Power Plans: Why are the power plans gone? It's very valuable to me, to set my power plans by click on the little battery icon, in the lower right of what I think is the "Taskbar". I set it to high performance to play games when it's plugged in, and economy mode for longer battery life,...
  9. Power Plans

Power Plans: I recently did a Fresh Start on my HP laptop as I was having issues with Windows Defender and my computer was running slow despite my best efforts to fix it. The install solved the problems I was having with Windows Defender and speed but I have been having issues with the...
  10. Power Plan

Power Plan: Why isn't my power plan available? I attemted to increase the time before the PC sleeps, but it seems to default to 10 minutes. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-plan/f2cab0f8-1715-4975-bc19-bfe1a3b62db5

Users found this page by searching for:

1. power plan not saving after reboot