Windows 10: Power Plan Settings set to Never does not work

Discus and support Power Plan Settings set to Never does not work in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; We are trying to set up our windows 10 1803 clients so the screen does not turn off, or time out, or sleep so that our applications can stay live an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by SallyTarbell, Dec 18, 2018.

1. Power Plan Settings set to Never does not work

We are trying to set up our windows 10 1803 clients so the screen does not turn off, or time out, or sleep so that our applications can stay live an active and we don't have to log back in again after a period of time. We have tried setting the Power & Sleep to Never and changing the Balanced power plan to Turn off the display: Never, and Put the computer to sleep: Never. Nothing works, the client always locks after 10 minutes.

I have looked but have not found and GPO or registry settings that seen to work.

:)

SallyTarbell, Dec 18, 2018
  2. John Fer Win User

Power plan?

Upon checking, it seems that there's nothing wrong with your system. It is usual that you have to double-click your mouse before your monitor wakes up.

For the meantime, we suggest changing the power plan by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + S.
    • Type in Power Settings.
    • On the pop-up window, choose Additional power settings.
    • Select High performance.

After changing the power plan, we suggest that you monitor the changes made and check if that will work for you.

Get back to us if you need further help.

John Fer, Dec 18, 2018
  3. POWER SETTINGS

Hi Gerald,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing on Windows 10, we will help you with this issue.

Let us know few thing to analyze the issue.

• What is the make and model of the pc?

• Are you able to wake the computer back from sleep?
    This issue might occur due to some corruption in the power settings.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Let’s run Power troubleshooter.

The power troubleshooter can automatically detect and fix any incorrect power settings. Refer to these steps to run this troubleshooter:

• Select settings in the drop down menu below search and type
      Troubleshooting.

• Click on Troubleshooting and select the view all option on the left pane.

• Click on Power troubleshooter and follow the prompts.
    If issue persist, I suggest you to try method 2.

Method 2: Create new Power Plan.

Please refer to “Can I create a power plan?” section of the link below:

Power plans: frequently asked questions

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/power-plans-faq#1TC=windows-8

Note: Steps for Windows 8 or 8.1 applies to
    Windows 10.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

JuzarAli1709, Dec 18, 2018
  4. Power Plan Settings set to Never does not work

Power Options: Edit Plan Settings & Advanced Settings - Restore Power Plan Defaults Not Working

swanTight

Thank you for taking the time to reply. Unfortunately that suggestion did not resolve the issue.

The option to "Restore Plan Defaults" for Power Options is still not available and the "Restore Plan Defaults" button on the advanced settings screen is still grayed out.

Thank You

Jamie Grau, Dec 18, 2018
Thema:

Power Plan Settings set to Never does not work

1. Power Plan Settings set to Never does not work - Similar Threads - Power Plan Settings

2. "Power & battery" settings seem to contradikt "Plan Settings"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Power & battery" settings seem to contradikt "Plan Settings": Hi,Why are the setting in the two windoes below contradicting each other?BR,Henrik https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-battery-settings-seem-to-contradikt-plan/7782a5a9-685c-43b2-8229-ba13e7a168a6
  3. "Power & battery" settings seem to contradikt "Plan Settings"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Power & battery" settings seem to contradikt "Plan Settings": Hi,Why are the setting in the two windoes below contradicting each other?BR,Henrik https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-battery-settings-seem-to-contradikt-plan/7782a5a9-685c-43b2-8229-ba13e7a168a6
  4. Advanced Power Plan setting not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Advanced Power Plan setting not working: Hi,Since my last Windows 11 update to version 22H2, my PC does NOT automatically go to sleep. It sleep on if I use the CTRL + F1 keys of my keyboard.When I try to use the Advanced Power Plan Setting to High Performane, the Apply Button does not highlight and my Power Setting...
  5. Advanced Power Plan setting not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Advanced Power Plan setting not working: Hi,Since my last Windows 11 update to version 22H2, my PC does NOT automatically go to sleep. It sleep on if I use the CTRL + F1 keys of my keyboard.When I try to use the Advanced Power Plan Setting to High Performane, the Apply Button does not highlight and my Power Setting...
  6. Windows 10 power settings never work. Why not?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 power settings never work. Why not?: All of the posts by Microsoft are useless for this issue. Power management simply does not work. Mine are set exactly to the correct spec and nothing works. I do not know what to do....
  7. PC is going to sleep despite power settings being set as Never/Never

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC is going to sleep despite power settings being set as Never/Never: My PC is going to sleep despite power settings being set as Never/Never How can I tell what is causing the sleep and after how long? What could be causing this? 179941
  8. Power plan settings

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Power plan settings: Hello, i have a problem with adding high performance plan to my laptop Asus ZenBook 2020. As i don't see high or ultimate performance power plans nowhere in Power option panel, even under the arrow. I though i'd add one. First i went to the lower power option panel and...
  9. Windows 10 power plan settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 power plan settings: Why the fuck has the latest Windows 10 update decided to now select 'balanced' as the power options every single boot despite what i have it set to??? Even funnier - your own troubleshooter for power, views having a 'high performance' plan selected as an issue! WTF....
  10. [Bug?] Power plan settings mismatch

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [Bug?] Power plan settings mismatch: [ATTACH] Hi, I have notices today that my laptop screen shuts of after 20 minutes, so I checked my settings... looked good on first sight. https://preview.redd.it/4rfx8m35k4k41.png?width=1769&format=png&auto=webp&s=4105b60df09479620de87b0b4ad646cf1dd5790e The right side...