Windows 10: Power plan settings

Discus and support Power plan settings in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, i have a problem with adding high performance plan to my laptop Asus ZenBook 2020. As i don't see high or ultimate performance power plans... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Danielius Binkevicius, Dec 26, 2020.

1. Power plan settings

Hello, i have a problem with adding high performance plan to my laptop Asus ZenBook 2020. As i don't see high or ultimate performance power plans nowhere in Power option panel, even under the arrow. I though i'd add one. First i went to the lower power option panel and clicked on 'Create a power plan'. Then here comes the problem. I can only chose the name of the power plan, but i cannot select to turn power plan I'm creating to high performance. It only shows Balanced recommended.

Now this is a real problem for me, as i cannot use my laptop to its limits. It really shows in the task manager, I only use 85% of my memory as I'm playing The Witcher 3. I don't have other users open.

I think this problem came with some Microsoft update, because on my brother's hp laptop windows 10 i could select high performance power plan. Thank you for reading my question, I'm waiting for the solution.

:)

Danielius Binkevicius, Dec 26, 2020
  2. John Fer Win User

Power plan?

Upon checking, it seems that there's nothing wrong with your system. It is usual that you have to double-click your mouse before your monitor wakes up.

For the meantime, we suggest changing the power plan by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + S.
    • Type in Power Settings.
    • On the pop-up window, choose Additional power settings.
    • Select High performance.

After changing the power plan, we suggest that you monitor the changes made and check if that will work for you.

Get back to us if you need further help.

John Fer, Dec 26, 2020
  3. Geethu B Win User
    Power plans automatically changing

Hi Jonah,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with power plans.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue could have occurred due to incorrect Power settings. Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

Let’s run the power troubleshooter and check if that helps.

a. Press Windows key on the keyboard.

b. In the search box, type Troubleshooting and press
    Enter.

c. Click on ‘System and Security’ and click on ‘Power’ click on next to run the troubleshooter.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to
    restore the power plans to default and check if it helps.

Step 1: Reset and restore the power plans to default:

• Right-click on
      Start button
      and click on Command Prompt (Admin).

• In the command prompt, type powercfg –restoredefaultschemes
      and hit Enter.

• Exit command prompt.
    Note: This would reset the power plan settings to default. Any customized power plans are would be removed.

Step 2:

Once the power plan is reset to default, you may create a
    new power plan
    and customize the same according to your needs.

Refer to the link:

Power plans: Frequently asked questions

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/power-plans-faq

Note: Applies to Windows 10.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Dec 26, 2020
  4. Karla Alm Win User

Power plan settings

How do I delete a power plan?

Hi Harold,

For step by step instructions on how to delete a power plan, follow these:

• Click Start menu.
    • Type Power Options.
    • Click Show additional plans.
    • Choose an additional plan then click Change plan settings.
    • Select Cancel. (Customized power plan will be move to the additional plans.)
    • Click Change plan settings beside your customized power plan.
    • You will see the option Delete this plan in the Edit Plan Settings.
    • Select OK to confirm the deletion.

Should you need further help, let us know.

Thanks.

Karla Alm, Dec 26, 2020
Thema:

Power plan settings

1. Power plan settings - Similar Threads - Power plan settings

2. Advanced Power Plan setting not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Advanced Power Plan setting not working: Hi,Since my last Windows 11 update to version 22H2, my PC does NOT automatically go to sleep. It sleep on if I use the CTRL + F1 keys of my keyboard.When I try to use the Advanced Power Plan Setting to High Performane, the Apply Button does not highlight and my Power Setting...
  3. Advanced Power Plan setting not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Advanced Power Plan setting not working: Hi,Since my last Windows 11 update to version 22H2, my PC does NOT automatically go to sleep. It sleep on if I use the CTRL + F1 keys of my keyboard.When I try to use the Advanced Power Plan Setting to High Performane, the Apply Button does not highlight and my Power Setting...
  4. Power plans

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power plans: I tried all different solutions but nothing worked.I downloaded the pow files and nothing worked.I tried these codes:powercfg -duplicatescheme 8c5e7fda-e8bf-4a96-9a85-a6e23a8c635cpowercfg -duplicatescheme e9a42b02-d5df-448d-aa00-03f14749eb61powercfg -duplicatescheme...
  5. Power Plans

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Power Plans: I updated my laptop to windows 10 2004 version and all my powerplans are missing. Please help submitted by /u/Caratecat [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/idb06t/power_plans/
  6. Windows 10 power plan settings

Windows 10 power plan settings: Why the fuck has the latest Windows 10 update decided to now select 'balanced' as the power options every single boot despite what i have it set to??? Even funnier - your own troubleshooter for power, views having a 'high performance' plan selected as an issue! WTF....
  7. [Bug?] Power plan settings mismatch

[Bug?] Power plan settings mismatch: [ATTACH] Hi, I have notices today that my laptop screen shuts of after 20 minutes, so I checked my settings... looked good on first sight. https://preview.redd.it/4rfx8m35k4k41.png?width=1769&format=png&auto=webp&s=4105b60df09479620de87b0b4ad646cf1dd5790e The right side...
  8. Power Plan

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power Plan: My power plan only has the balanced one and I can't figure out how to get the high performance one. I went into create a power plan but it wasn't there also. Any way I can get the high performance plan?...
  9. Power Plans

Power Plans: I recently did a Fresh Start on my HP laptop as I was having issues with Windows Defender and my computer was running slow despite my best efforts to fix it. The install solved the problems I was having with Windows Defender and speed but I have been having issues with the...
  10. Power Plan

Power Plan: Why isn't my power plan available? I attemted to increase the time before the PC sleeps, but it seems to default to 10 minutes. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-plan/f2cab0f8-1715-4975-bc19-bfe1a3b62db5