Windows 10: power plans are switching back and forth by themselves (from balanced to power saver mode)

Discus and support power plans are switching back and forth by themselves (from balanced to power saver mode) in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Noticed that when changing power mode that the plan modes are changing by themselves. Is this normal or what?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by DaveChrischilles, Jul 30, 2019.

1. power plans are switching back and forth by themselves (from balanced to power saver mode)

Noticed that when changing power mode that the plan modes are changing by themselves. Is this normal or what?

:)

DaveChrischilles, Jul 30, 2019

2. Power plan always switches automatically

Hi,

I am using a desktop pc and I am constantly having the problem with my power plan.

I want my PC to stick at the Balanced power plan, but it always switches to power saver by itself! It seems like some program that my PC will auto switch the power plans during the time. I even tried to make a new plan. The PC still switches between balance
    and power savor by itself.

ShaowenWang1, Jul 30, 2019
  3. AndyNevex Win User
    Power Plan stuck in Balanced Mode.

I have this bug for some time now but since i couldn't find a fix for it i decided to post it here to see if anybody could help me.

Basically, my power plan is stuck on Balanced mode and whenever i try to choose the Maximum Performance mode it just resets to Balanced Mode again.

I have tried to create my own power plan but with no avail, it still reverts to balanced mode. Does anyone know the fix for this?

Thank you guys in advance and sorry for any spelling/grammar mistakes, English is not my native language.

AndyNevex, Jul 30, 2019
  4. will_wadd Win User

power plans are switching back and forth by themselves (from balanced to power saver mode)

beeping when screen turns off in balanced/power saver plans

I have Lenovo ideapad300 15ibr laptop with Windows 10 64 bit.

When on battery in balanced and power saver plans after the screen turns itself off after set time idle there is a beep like when the computer turns on and a sound like a drive spinning up. It then goes quiet and every 20 seconds or so another beep and the
    drive/fan spins up and then goes quiet again.

Strangely this does not happen in High Performance power plan even if all advanced settings are set to the same as either balanced or power saver. It also does not happen when power cord is plugged in.

It does not happen in safe mode and so I tried disabling the Intel HD driver which gives the same look as in safe mode but in normal windows the problem remains.

All drivers appear up to date.

Is this a feature of windows 10 that it tries to shut down the hard drive when the screen is off and spin up when needed and it just so happens that this makes my laptop beep.

I can work around this by creating my own power plan based on the high performance plan or by setting balanced and power saver plans to go straight to sleep rather than staying on with screen off.

I am wondering whether this is a windows issue with a solution or a sign of a hardware problem that could get worse over time e.g hard drive failure

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

will_wadd, Jul 30, 2019
Thema:

power plans are switching back and forth by themselves (from balanced to power saver mode)

1. power plans are switching back and forth by themselves (from balanced to power saver mode) - Similar Threads - power plans are

2. my power plan keeps switching back and forth between high performance and balanced

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my power plan keeps switching back and forth between high performance and balanced: so this isnt the first time this has happened but in the past it was down to MSI centre and its 'user scenario' setting , however recently this problem has started happening again with my cpu usage staying at 100% most of the time while only opening task manager. i currently...
  3. my power plan keeps switching back and forth between high performance and balanced

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my power plan keeps switching back and forth between high performance and balanced: so this isnt the first time this has happened but in the past it was down to MSI centre and its 'user scenario' setting , however recently this problem has started happening again with my cpu usage staying at 100% most of the time while only opening task manager. i currently...
  4. Power plan stuck at balanced mode when trying to switch

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power plan stuck at balanced mode when trying to switch: My power plan keeps switching to balanced and I tried the command prompt and the restoredefaultschemes didn’t work, and I need help on why it’s stuck...
  5. Power plan stuck at balanced mode when trying to switch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power plan stuck at balanced mode when trying to switch: My power plan keeps switching to balanced and I tried the command prompt and the restoredefaultschemes didn’t work, and I need help on why it’s stuck...
  6. Power plan stuck at balanced mode when trying to switch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. balanced plan for power

in Windows 10 Customization
    balanced plan for power: cannot get high performance power plan as option on laptop, what do I do? powercfg change does not work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/balanced-plan-for-power/b598c38c-df19-4005-93c0-148c12ed713e
  8. Laptop balanced power plan or power saver

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop balanced power plan or power saver: My laptop vents has no dust and foreign matters, also i have cooling pad. But when cpu going to 100% caused by update, maintenance, etc, it can hurt my 6 years laptop. Since the temperature can be mesured in 3rd patry app called core temp it rise about 75% when heavy load,...
  9. Power Plan Keeps Changing back to Balanced...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Power Plan Keeps Changing back to Balanced...: Fresh install of windows right before the 1909 update came out it was doing it. And still doing it afterwards. Change it to High performance and then randomly the next day its back to balanced. I notice it as my computer will go to sleep when idle and I check and sure enough...
  10. Cannot change power plan from balanced

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot change power plan from balanced: Using a Windows 10 laptop with Home Edition version 1803 unable to change power plan from balanced to high power Using the laptop to DJ with and I am getting audio dropouts and been advised to disable CPU throttling and need to do the plan change in order to do this please...