Windows 10: Power plugged in and effect on battery health

Discus and support Power plugged in and effect on battery health in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, What's the effect of plugging in laptop to power for 12 hours and above on the battery heath of laptop. Camillus.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Obua Camillus, May 10, 2019.

1. Power plugged in and effect on battery health

Hello,

What's the effect of plugging in laptop to power for 12 hours and above on the battery heath of laptop.

Camillus.

:)

Obua Camillus, May 10, 2019
  2. gordon99 Win User

Battery plugged in but not charging.

Thanks erpster4,
    Yes, I have read most, if not all, of the old threads. There seem to be a dozen or more possible solutions but none that is guaranteed to work under all circumstances. At the moment my battery is showing 100% charge at the battery icon. When I go into F2, the battery information shows AC Adapter Unknown (a Dell Adapter) and battery health normal on 99% Charge.
    When I go into F12, Diagnostics, it shows AC Adapter as 1 Watt (the actual adapter is 130 Watt).
    As I have been running the laptop with the adapter plugged in for a number of days now I have just unplugged it and will see what happens when I plug back in with the battery having partly discharged. The one suggested solution I have not attempted is to update the BIOS as doing this can, I read, cause more problems than it solves. By the way, all the Dell diagnostic tests I run show everything in the best of health. Clearly the diagnostic tests themselves need a diagnostic test.

gordon99, May 10, 2019
  3. Battery not charging and message "Plugged in, not charging" in Windows 10 on HP EliteBook 8570w

Hi all

I am facing a commonly reported problem battery not charging and message "Plugged in, not charging" in Windows 10 on HP EliteBook 8570w

I have been searching on internet and I already have performed these but the problem persist:

1. Shut down the laptop and unplug the power cable.
    2. Remove the battery, press Power button for 1 min
    3. Plug the power cable and power on laptop.
    4. Uninstall Microsoft AC Adapter and the two instances of
      Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery
      from Device Manager
    5. Shut down the laptop and unplug the power cable.
    6. Put the battery back, plug in your laptop.
    7. Plug the power cable and power on laptop.

I checked pins on battery, no bent pins

Using "HP Support Assistance" application I verified the battery is OK.

Any suggestion how to effectively fix this problem? (My battery is already at 2%)

Thank you

RafaelRodriguez, May 10, 2019
  4. Power plugged in and effect on battery health

windows 10 battery plugged in not charging (acer v11 touch)

Hello,

We appreciate that you already performed troubleshooting. On the other hand, we will be providing steps that seems to be the same with what you have done but with tweaks.

If ever you encounter case wherein the laptop is plugged in but is not charging, we suggest that you try the following:

• Disconnect the laptop’s power cable from the outlet/power source and laptop.
    • Turn off the laptop.
    • Remove the battery.
    • Reconnect the laptop’s power cable to the laptop then to the outlet/power source.
    • Power on the laptop.
    • Uninstall device of Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery
    • Turn off the laptop and then disconnect the power cable.
    • Insert the battery.
    • Reconnect the power cable.
    • Power on the laptop. Windows would then reinstall driver automatically.

In case that the troubleshooting steps above didn’t help, our next step is update the driver if there is available update. You just have to go back to
    Device Manager > Batteries > Right click on Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery > Update Driver Software.

Let me know if this works for you.

JohnMel And, May 10, 2019
Thema:

Power plugged in and effect on battery health

1. Power plugged in and effect on battery health - Similar Threads - Power plugged effect

2. Battery Health

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery Health: I'm setting up a Windows 11 laptop for someone . I was told that there is a battery issue , where can I find a diagnostic test to see what the problem is ?I saw topics for pc health check and caring for battery , but don't know where they are ....
  3. Laptop crashed when plugged in on power with no battery plugged in

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop crashed when plugged in on power with no battery plugged in: Hie . My laptop carshes every 5-10min when ever i am working on it. First is checked with The power is plugged in and the battery also it crashed. Then i removed the battery and connected directly to power plugged in it crashes again. Can anyone help me figure out what is the...
  4. Laptop crashed when plugged in on power with no battery plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop crashed when plugged in on power with no battery plugged in: Hie . My laptop carshes every 5-10min when ever i am working on it. First is checked with The power is plugged in and the battery also it crashed. Then i removed the battery and connected directly to power plugged in it crashes again. Can anyone help me figure out what is the...
  5. Laptop crashed when plugged in on power with no battery plugged in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. battery health

in Windows 10 Gaming
    battery health: Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.19044.2130] c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. C:\WINDOWS\system32>powercfg -energy -output energyreport.html Enabling tracing for 60 seconds... Observing system behavior... Analyzing trace data... Analysis complete. Energy...
  7. battery health

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    battery health: Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.19044.2130] c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. C:\WINDOWS\system32>powercfg -energy -output energyreport.html Enabling tracing for 60 seconds... Observing system behavior... Analyzing trace data... Analysis complete. Energy...
  8. Power mode plugged in and on battery?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Power mode plugged in and on battery?: Which power mode do you guys use when a. your laptop is plugged in, b. when it's on battery? I usually use better performance when plugged in, because I suspect that best performance will lead to heat and to wear out the hardware faster. Am I right on that suspicion? Thanks...
  9. Power Management Battery/Plugged In

in Windows 10 Support
    Power Management Battery/Plugged In: Hi all, Just a quickie... does anyone know if its possible to set High Performance mode automatically when plugged in and then change this automatically to Balanced when unplugged? I seemed to think this was possible? 132404
  10. Power mode plugged in but battery is not charging

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Power mode plugged in but battery is not charging: I am using HP Pavillion Notebook with windows 10 home basic OS installed on it. It is now showing that power mode is plugged in but battery is still not charging. It is also not starting without any power source plugged in....