Windows 10: Power Point issues with importing PNG files with transparent backgrounds

Discus and support Power Point issues with importing PNG files with transparent backgrounds in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm having a lot of trouble importing PNG files to a power point presentation. They look find on the computer screen, but the background prints as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ward Vogt, Mar 7, 2019.

1. Ward Vogt Win User

Power Point issues with importing PNG files with transparent backgrounds

I'm having a lot of trouble importing PNG files to a power point presentation. They look find on the computer screen, but the background prints as black or green depending on the printer even thought the back ground is transparent in the PNG files.

See attached image of a print out

Please advise as this is very frustrating

Thank you

Power Point issues with importing PNG files with transparent backgrounds f29ec690-20a8-48f2-a0a4-d6995d672f0a?upload=true.jpg

Moved from: Office/ PowerPoint / Windows 10 / Office 2016

:)

Ward Vogt, Mar 7, 2019

2. Windows 10 Task menu background transparency

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

Apologize for delay in reply.

As a workaround, I suggest you to change the desktop background/ remove the desktop background and check.

I suggest you to create a new user account and check if it fixes the issue. Refer to the steps below to create a new User Account:

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Other User Accounts towards the left.
    • Select Add an Account.
    • Enter a user name and hit Next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    • Check if issue persists.

Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Mar 7, 2019
  3. PNG Transparent in background

Hi, i have a png with transparent background. Can i use it as desktop wallpaper and use a solid color in the background so it can visible behind my image?. When i do it the png background appears in black color. Is there a way to make it transparent?.

Thanks

AndreiDe La Rosa, Mar 7, 2019
  4. Power Point issues with importing PNG files with transparent backgrounds

cortana and power point 2007

Hi, Kartik.

Thank you for posting in Community, we apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

1. What happens when you use Cortana?

2. Did you enable Cortana after setting language?

If you have not enable Cortana, I would suggest that you follow the steps below and check if you a response from it.

• Open Cortana
    • Click the hamburger button in the top left of the window
    • Go to settings.
    • At the bottom of the window, you will see the 'Hey Cortana' setting that you need to enable.
    With the regards to the issue that you are facing with Power point, I would suggest that you re-direct your issue to Windows Office forum, click on the link below to do so.

Microsoft Office help and training - Office Support

Your reply is very important to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

Vanessa Sohtun, Mar 7, 2019
Thema:

Power Point issues with importing PNG files with transparent backgrounds

1. Power Point issues with importing PNG files with transparent backgrounds - Similar Threads - Power Point issues

2. image with transparent background wont save with transparent background

in Windows 10 Gaming
    image with transparent background wont save with transparent background: I tried saving image with transparent background using multiple programs, but none of them worked - when i opened my image it didnt have transparent background. I tried deleting some pixels, selecting transparent background or using crop tools. this never happened to me on...
  3. image with transparent background wont save with transparent background

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    image with transparent background wont save with transparent background: I tried saving image with transparent background using multiple programs, but none of them worked - when i opened my image it didnt have transparent background. I tried deleting some pixels, selecting transparent background or using crop tools. this never happened to me on...
  4. JPEG SVG and PNG displaying with black background and not whiter "transparent' in windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    JPEG SVG and PNG displaying with black background and not whiter "transparent' in windows 11.: JPEG SVG and PNG displaying with black background and not whiter "transparent' in windows 11. I am not in dark mode. files are set to open with photos and when open show fine but icons are all black backgrounds making it hard to see to pick. please help. I have read endless...
  5. Using PNG files as a Background

in Windows 10 Customization
    Using PNG files as a Background: Hi! Just got a Windows 10 laptop for my business and was so excited to use my logos PNG files as my background and lock screen. Turns out the files are not recognized on this laptop and show up distorted if they show up at all when set as the background or lock screen. I...
  6. Background of transparent .png images are black in Windows explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Background of transparent .png images are black in Windows explorer: I have transparent background .png image files stored in my OneDrive and a second copy saved locally on my desktop. I am using both a 2019 MS Surface Laptop and separate tower Tower with Windows 10 with all windows updates. In Dark Mode both laptop and tower: When I...
  7. Desktop background fill colour not working with transparent parts of .png background image

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop background fill colour not working with transparent parts of .png background image: I have a PNG image with a transparent background that I'd like to set as my desktop wallpaper/background. However the background colour in the personalization settings isn't filling in the transparent parts of the image, and instead leaving it black. What's interesting is the...
  8. Have No PNG Transparency

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Have No PNG Transparency: All of my PNGs that have a transparent background are just converted to a black background and it is messing up a lot of programs for me. I have spent 6 hours looking for a fix, does anybody know one? submitted by /u/WellThatsWhack [link] [comments]...
  9. Transparency PNG file turns black

Transparency PNG file turns black: Every piece of artwork I have and use game design has a transparent background saved as a PNG file. New computer Acer, Windows 10,all drivers are updated, eliminated cache, changed file name, moved file location, and all ten other ideas I've read online. None of them work....
  10. Background and transparency in my PNG files?

Background and transparency in my PNG files?: Hello everyone Years ago, i made som pictures in MS Paint and saved them as PNG. I was now wondering, if the pictures have a background or any transparency. The files are bit depth 24. They do not have any tRNS chunks. They do not have any bKGD chunks. So it is safe to...