Windows 10: Power problem Display and Sleep not working

Discus and support Power problem Display and Sleep not working in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows 10 Pro Insider Build 16251 Custom Built Dual monitor system Have set for 1 hour display off, 2 hour sleep. Neither work. Task Manager shows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by cfourkays, Jul 29, 2017.

1. cfourkays Win User

Power problem Display and Sleep not working

Windows 10 Pro Insider Build 16251 Custom Built
    Dual monitor system
    Have set for 1 hour display off, 2 hour sleep. Neither work.
    Task Manager shows 0% CPU, occasional .1 CPU.
    Memory 29% stable,
    Disk 0%
    Bitdefender Free, no programed scans.
    Any hints as where to look?
    Pete

:)

cfourkays, Jul 29, 2017
  2. Matiboy75 Win User

After Update To WIndows 10 My Pc Will Not Come Out Of Sleep Mode - Still Need Help Please

Go to Settings\System\Power and Sleep\ click Additional power settings,\choose when to turn of the display\change advanced power settings\click sleep dropdown\turn of hybrid sleep.

worked for me.

Matiboy75, Jul 29, 2017
  3. why does my power buttons which are turned to never stop working

I do not want my display to sleep or shut down when I am at work so I have the power & sleep settings set to never. However, every time I shut down my computer, the display settings automatically reset to the default. Your "solution" above resets them to
    default as well ... which is not the problem.

The problem is, it won't keep the Power & Sleep settings I choose once the computer is shut down and turned back on.

Tammie Sandlin, Jul 29, 2017
  4. Power problem Display and Sleep not working

Hi Pete.

First off, go it your "Advance Power Settings" and reset to defaults, restart device, test.

If that fails see if you get any hits by entering to a command prompt(admin)

powercfg /requests

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jul 29, 2017
  5. cfourkays Win User
    Hi Ken,
    You hit it.*Biggrin

[DRIVER] High Definition Audio Device (HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0892&SUBSYS_1043860B&REV_1003\4&165326bb&0&0001)
    An audio stream is currently in use.

I tried:
    powercfg -REQUESTSOVERRIDE DRIVER "High Definition Audio Device" SYSTEM.

but it didn't work.
    Still showing in powercfg
    Pete

cfourkays, Jul 29, 2017
  6. cfourkays Win User
    Found 2 identical drivers "High Definition Audio Device".
    Deleted one of them.
    Everything works.
    Thanks Ken, for the heads up where to look.
    Pete

cfourkays, Jul 30, 2017
  7. Great. Thanks for marking thread solved.

Caledon Ken, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Power problem Display and Sleep not working

1. Power problem Display and Sleep not working - Similar Threads - Power problem Display

2. Windows sleep mode display problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows sleep mode display problem: Hi, I have a problem with the way display works after wakeup. I have 2 connected monitors, 1 with DisplayPort and 1 with hdmi it's vga to hdmi. After wake up from sleep mode every window from second monitor jumps to the first one. Is there any way to fix this?...
  3. Windows sleep mode display problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows sleep mode display problem: Hi, I have a problem with the way display works after wakeup. I have 2 connected monitors, 1 with DisplayPort and 1 with hdmi it's vga to hdmi. After wake up from sleep mode every window from second monitor jumps to the first one. Is there any way to fix this?...
  4. Power and Sleep option stops working

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power and Sleep option stops working: My Power and Sleep 30 minute limit wasn't always turning off the display as specified. I suspected an app might be impacting that process and I thought of Media Player, which has been known know to exhibit rather strange behavior on occasion. Detail of the steps I executed to...
  5. Power and Sleep option stops working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power and Sleep option stops working: My Power and Sleep 30 minute limit wasn't always turning off the display as specified. I suspected an app might be impacting that process and I thought of Media Player, which has been known know to exhibit rather strange behavior on occasion. Detail of the steps I executed to...
  6. problems with power options stopping display plot when display sleeps with computer set to...

in Windows 10 Customization
    problems with power options stopping display plot when display sleeps with computer set to...: i've tried to find an answer to this numerous times but can't seem to find a solutioni run NinjaTrader8 it's a trading platform that needs to run 24/5i would like to set my screen to sleep after 15minutes of no mouse activitybut i want the program to continue to update the...
  7. Settings to configure power and sleep are not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings to configure power and sleep are not working: I set the setting for turning off the screen to 2 minutes and the screen never goes OFF, even overnight. I had a similar problem previously and changed the value in the power and sleep settings and in the sleep plan settings. That cleared the problem. Not this time. TIA...
  8. Screen/display sleep not working

Screen/display sleep not working: Recent convert from win7pro to win10pro. Display sleep function worked perfectly under win7pro. After conversion to win10pro, display would sleep at designated interval, but then immediately wake up without any mouse/keyboard action. I've been through all the laborious...
  9. Display Power & sleep question

Display Power & sleep question: I recently got a new computer running win-10 and a new Dell monitor. Went through the setup steps one of which was display settings. I put 20 min in for power setting and never in sleep. I've used these setting for years in other machines but now the monitor will not power...
  10. Power And Sleep settings problem.

in Windows 10 Support
    Power And Sleep settings problem.: Hi. After upgrading to the Windows 10 Anniversary recently, I'm getting the following problem in Power and Sleep option using screen and sleep. I want to change the “When plugged in turn off after” box from 4 hours to 1 minute. Successfully change then I exit....