Windows 10: power problem shuts off with lid closed, even with correct settings

Discus and support power problem shuts off with lid closed, even with correct settings in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; just downloaded new windowsEdition Windows 10 Home Version 21H1 Installed on ‎7/‎14/‎2021 OS build 19043.1110 Experience Windows Feature Experience... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by roykumar1, Jul 17, 2021.

1. roykumar1 Win User

power problem shuts off with lid closed, even with correct settings

just downloaded new windowsEdition Windows 10 Home Version 21H1 Installed on ‎7/‎14/‎2021 OS build 19043.1110 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3530.0 now with lid closed laptop shuts offmade few changes in advanced power setting but the right tweak is not getable nowany got solution,any help appreciated,thanks

:)

roykumar1, Jul 17, 2021

2. Closing Laptop Lid Powers On Computer

I ran the power troubleshooter and it adjusted the dims setting, changed power plans, and adjusted the screen brightness. I did a clean boot and reset the power plans to default but the problem remains.

When I shut down and leave the lid open, it shuts down and powers back on. If I shut down and close the lid, it stays off. Then to power on, I have to open and close the lid.

Edit: Closing the lid powers off and opening the lid powers on. It also reboots after shutdown if lid is left open.

BlakeCamden, Jul 17, 2021
  3. When close lid during shutting down, PC go into sleep.

Hello,
    I've got a problem (or a feature ? Not so sure) that when I finish my work, I shutting down my laptop, while waiting it to be shut down, I close the lid.
    The problem is when I close the lid, the laptop go into sleep mode, and when I back to work, I open the lid to press the power button and it resume the 'shut down' process.
    This hasn't happen before, any suggestion ? Many thanks power problem shuts off with lid closed,  even with correct settings :)

phamthanhnhan, Jul 17, 2021
  4. Krakas Win User

Computer shuts down when lid is closed

My computer doesn't suspend or hibernate when I close the lid no matter which configurations I set on power options. It always shuts down the computer. If I click the power button before closing the lid, it suspends but when I close the lid he shuts down. I've tried to update the bios, it solved the problem but its happening again. I've also updated Intel Management Engine Interface driver as advised by asus and did not work.

PS: If I set it to do nothing it doesn't shut down, just does nothing, which is really not useful for me.

Thanks in advance.

Krakas, Jul 17, 2021
Thema:

1. power problem shuts off with lid closed, even with correct settings - Similar Threads - power problem shuts

2. Closing lid shuts off one of my dual monitors- lid settings are set to do nothing- worked...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Closing lid shuts off one of my dual monitors- lid settings are set to do nothing- worked...: i know this has been asked about 5,000 times but i cannot seem to resolve the issue. My setup includes a windows 10 machine and two HDMI monitors connected via a docking station. when i close my laptop one of the monitors no longer receives a signal and goes black. I have had...
  3. Closing lid shuts off one of my dual monitors- lid settings are set to do nothing- worked...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Closing lid shuts off one of my dual monitors- lid settings are set to do nothing- worked...: i know this has been asked about 5,000 times but i cannot seem to resolve the issue. My setup includes a windows 10 machine and two HDMI monitors connected via a docking station. when i close my laptop one of the monitors no longer receives a signal and goes black. I have had...
  4. Closing lid shuts off one of my dual monitors- lid settings are set to do nothing- worked...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Laptop locks/hibernates after closing lid even with setting turned off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop locks/hibernates after closing lid even with setting turned off: I currently use an additional monitor plugged into my laptop, and I have it set up to not do anything when I close the lid, so that I can watch shows/movies on the monitor with the lid closed so that screen isn't on. I have had it like this for 3+ years. Recently when doing...
  6. Laptop Shuts Off If The Lid Closes

Laptop Shuts Off If The Lid Closes: Basically, if i close my laptop's lid for around 30 minutes rough estimation, my laptop will shut down and I'll have to boot it up to get it to turn on. Is this normal? My laptop didn't used to do this. If there is anything I can do to remedy this, please let me know....
  7. How to power up laptop with lid closed? From hibernate or shut off.

in Windows 10 Support
    How to power up laptop with lid closed? From hibernate or shut off.: Hello, first post here. I use my laptop with the lid closed, connected to an external monitor. Is there a way to power up the PC while it is shut off or in hibernation mode without opening the laptop? I have the laptop on a dock so it would be preferred to keep it closed. I...
  8. How to power up laptop with lid closed? From hibernate or shut off.

How to power up laptop with lid closed? From hibernate or shut off.: Hello, first post here. I use my laptop with the lid closed, connected to an external monitor. Is there a way to power up the PC while it is shut off or in hibernation mode without opening the laptop? I have the laptop on a dock so it would be preferred to keep it closed. I...
  9. ThinkPad laptop shuts down when closing lid, even with the "When I close the lid setting"...

in Windows 10 Customization
    ThinkPad laptop shuts down when closing lid, even with the "When I close the lid setting"...: My work ThinkPad laptop shuts down when closing lid, even with the "When I close the lid setting" set to "Do Nothing". I am using external monitor and I want to be able to just keep the laptop lid closed. What am I doing wrong? [ATTACH]...
  10. Display Closing Lid and Power Settings

Display Closing Lid and Power Settings: I was wondering about if there was any way for a setting to be changed so that: -If my computer is hooked up to a display (monitor), it would not sleep when I close the lid -If my computer is not hooked up to a display (monitor), it would sleep when I close the lid...