Windows 10: Power related electronic beeping / buzzing, grinding sounds

Discus and support Power related electronic beeping / buzzing, grinding sounds in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; this laptop is a 15-dy0018ca that I got about a year ago on my birthday March 9 from Bestbuy CA. Just yesterday I noticed an electronic beeping /... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SputNeck, Jan 9, 2021.

1. SputNeck Win User

Power related electronic beeping / buzzing, grinding sounds

this laptop is a 15-dy0018ca that I got about a year ago on my birthday March 9 from Bestbuy CA. Just yesterday I noticed an electronic beeping / buzzing or grinding sounds coming from inside my laptop near the air vents, I can sometimes hear it when on low power mode but when I put on high power mode it's basically constant. I haven't cleaned the air vents but I am planning on soon. I don't know if this is a sign of something bad or if it's normal, if you have any information on what it could be please tell me.

:)

SputNeck, Jan 9, 2021

2. dead GPU and speaker buzz

It is not likely the speaker damaged other hardware but the buzz does suggest a grounding problem somewhere. If you unplug the 3.5mm plug from the computer's sound output jack, does the buzz go away? If so, then I suspect the speaker's electronics and the computer are not at the same common ground potential. This could be due to a damaged audio cable or damaged power cable for the speaker, or something internal to the speaker's electronics.

If the sound remains when you unplug the speakers from the computer, then clearly there's an issue in the speakers.

If you plug in a set of headphones to the computer, do you hear the buzz? If so, then you have a problem with the computer's audio.

Bill_Bright, Jan 9, 2021
  3. EpicX11 Win User
    Buzzing Sound in Background of Audio

Hello,

When my headphones are plugged into my laptop, there is a buzzing sound in the background of the audio. I know it’s not a problem with the headphones, because I tested it with my iPad and it worked perfectly. How do I stop this buzzing sound? Any suggestions
    welcome.

EpicX11, Jan 9, 2021
  4. Endreasz Win User

dead GPU and speaker buzz

The buzz never goes away *Smile Power related electronic beeping / buzzing, grinding sounds :) It's surely related to the speaker's components as its way old and its present even if the speaker is turned off (inner psu or power-transformer or whatever the hell I call it produces this sound). I'm sure because it's the same with every socket, every circumstances. Also other speakers or earphones dont do any buzz under the same circumstances with the PC.
    If I connect the speaker to any socket it instantly has this "discrete buzz".

I dont care about the speakers I'm just worried if this old piece of crap and its constant tumblerswitching (on-off) did some power unstability which was hamrful maybe.
    Thanks for the reply!

Endreasz, Jan 9, 2021
Thema:

1. Power related electronic beeping / buzzing, grinding sounds - Similar Threads - Power related electronic

2. Beeping sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Beeping sound: My Win10 HP laptop infrequently makes beeping sounds lasting about a minute or two. HP won't help me without my signing up for its paid "Friends" service, which has proved useless in the past. The beeps very likely are an alert of some kind my computer runs as usual. What...
  3. Beeping sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Beeping sound: I'm hearing a beeping sound about every 20 seconds. I ran the troubleshoot but didn't fix the issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/beeping-sound/104bf02c-7a2f-42fe-80b1-34680f8afc5d
  4. beeping sound

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    beeping sound: Hello there, I purchased Lenovo v15 ada in September and it was perfectly working fine. But since last week it started making beep sounds. I thought it might be some issue with the system but I'm continuously hearing those sounds specially when display goes off. I'm not...
  5. Beep Sound

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Beep Sound: hey! i have concern that whenever i plug-in and plug-out my charger froom my laptop based on windows 10, beep sound comes out. i am not able to find how to mute that beep sound even if i have mute the system sound kindly help me as it is very disturbing to other at quiet...
  6. Beep sound

Beep sound: When i use 2 fingures on touchpad to up and down pages sometimes my laptop start beeping or freeze... Then i have to restart it.. How to fix this..plz help I have hp notebook 15 ba637tu windows 10 1809...
  7. buzzing sound

buzzing sound: frequently i have a buzzuing sound on speaker which resolves by restarting to be repeated in one or two days. what is the problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/buzzing-sound/87f33d44-0005-473c-90a8-5c34b040f4d1
  8. buzzing sound

buzzing sound: Why is my laptop making a buzzing sound all of a sudden? I have cleaned the fan. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/buzzing-sound/484ec9c3-0cec-40f8-a567-8775b13c0872
  9. Sound buzzing

Sound buzzing: Hello everyone im having issues with my motherboard soundcard because i have recently purchased a new keyboard that had the cables to connect into the soundboard, when i plugged them in the volume increased and a buzzing sound was noticeable. I downgraded the soundboard to...
  10. format C:, then fresh install, HD STILL grinds and grinds and grinds a

in Windows 10 Support
    format C:, then fresh install, HD STILL grinds and grinds and grinds a: I had to resort to a full re-install of Windows 10 (from an WIndows 10 ISO disc I created) because it was bogging my hard drive down so hard the activitly LED was on non-stop and it just endlessly grinded and grinded doing something lol....There is either some kind (or many...