Windows 10: Power, Restart, Audio

Discus and support Power, Restart, Audio in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have been having these issues as of late where whenever I shut down or restart my computer by clicking start and then either of the power options, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by EamonnO'Neill, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Power, Restart, Audio

I have been having these issues as of late where whenever I shut down or restart my computer by clicking start and then either of the power options, it seems to put into hibernation or sleep as the case's rbg lights stay on. When restarting my monitor just shows an illuminated black screen, but does not actually restart the system. For my audio problem I have the Logitech z150s speakers I believe, and very much like my power situation, one day it just stopped working. Whenever I click on the sound icon and look through my sound options the speakers do not appear despite them being plugged into power, and the mother boards audio ports. My usb connected headset seems to work perfectly fine.

I have tried downloading audio drivers again with no sucess

Changing plugs for power and motherboard input for audio

I have also reset my pc in attempt to fix both problems, but it did not work

Hoping someone can help me out as it is a annoying that I can't listen to music from my speakers, or that when I do updates my computer can't restart properly.

Thanks!

:)

EamonnO'Neill, Dec 6, 2018
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Dec 6, 2018
  3. restart and kernel-power event

Hi,

The kernel power event ID 41 error occurs when the computer is shut down, or it restarts unexpectedly. When a computer that is running Windows starts, a check is performed to determine whether the computer was shut down cleanly. If the computer was not shut
    down cleanly, a Kernel Power Event 41 message is generated.

Try this, see if it works for you:

• Go to "Settings"
    • Select "System"
    • Select "Power and Sleep"
    • Select "Additional Power Settings"
    • Select "Choose what the power buttons do"
    • Select "Change settings currently available"
    • Ensure that "Turn on fast start up" is deselected (unticked)
    • Click on "Save Changes"

Restart your computer after performing the steps.

Let us know if the above steps resolved the issue.

Venancio Khu, Dec 6, 2018
  4. Power, Restart, Audio

After Win 10 upgrade from Win 7 - "audio device driver is no longer installed"?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your response.

We appreciate the time and effort that you have invested in to fix the issue.

As per the information that you have provided, I suggest that you perform Power Drain. Once done check if the troubleshooter is prompting you for a restart again. To perform Power Drain follow the steps below

• Unplug the charger and remove the battery of your laptop, if using a desktop remove the power cord.
    • Press and hold the Power button for 30sec
    • Plug the charger/power cord and restart system.

As for the driver issue, I suggest that you visit the website of your computer's manufacturer and download and install the latest audio driver. Once done reboot the system and check.

Hope this helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

Power, Restart, Audio

1. Power, Restart, Audio - Similar Threads - Power Restart Audio

2. Window Restart Kernel-Power

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window Restart Kernel-Power: Hello, since I launched Valorant, my computer restarts for no reason with a black screen when I launch games or randomly, I reinstalled my window.+ System - Provider [ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power [ Guid] {331c3b3a-2005-44c2-ac5e-77220c37d6b4} EventID 41 Version 8...
  3. No audio every restart?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No audio every restart?: I recently upgrade cpu and motherboard to a i5 12600k and a msi z790 wifi pro. When I first put it together everything worked perfectly, the next day after a power cycle my audio didn't work. I learned it was just my chipset fixed it and moved on. Next day after another power...
  4. No audio every restart?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No audio every restart?: I recently upgrade cpu and motherboard to a i5 12600k and a msi z790 wifi pro. When I first put it together everything worked perfectly, the next day after a power cycle my audio didn't work. I learned it was just my chipset fixed it and moved on. Next day after another power...
  5. No audio every restart?

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. power point audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    power point audio: i use my laptop for making power point presentations. i need to use a microphone through the laptop to increase audio volume. i can connect a microphone to the laptop but cannot carry the voice through an output connection? I am using a Lenovo ThinkPad with windows 10. i...
  7. power point audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    power point audio: i use my laptop for making power point presentations. i need to use a microphone through the laptop to increase audio volume. i can connect a microphone to the laptop but cannot carry the voice through an output connection? I am using a Lenovo ThinkPad with windows 10. i...
  8. Audio Power Management

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Power Management: Hi, I have recently bought a Dell G5 5590 i7950H laptop with SSD and GeForce RTX 2060 6GB graphics card. Due to an aggressive form of power management for the audio system, when I have some speakers plugged into the headphones socket, the line is turned off with a...
  9. Increased restart and power on time

Increased restart and power on time: I have a new laptop there restart and power on time has been increased earlier is it used to take 17 seconds for start and 7 seconds to power on but now it is taking 1 minute 5 seconds to restart and 17 seconds to power on...
  10. Power on /Restart

Power on /Restart: I have an issue on starting my laptop DELL, When there is battery and power cable connection, If I press power on my laptop monitor not displaying, Then I remove the battery and power connection cable again connected only power cable without battery, press power on not...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. power restart

2. restart audio

3. if i shut my computer off i have to do a restart when it is back on to hear audio from vedio