Windows 10: Power Save Mode Not Working - Screen Saver Begins within 1 minute of non-activity

Discus and support Power Save Mode Not Working - Screen Saver Begins within 1 minute of non-activity in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have changed my power settings in Windows 10 so many times I cannot count. I have my power settings set to not refresh until 20 minutes and have even... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by TraceyClark2, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Power Save Mode Not Working - Screen Saver Begins within 1 minute of non-activity

I have changed my power settings in Windows 10 so many times I cannot count. I have my power settings set to not refresh until 20 minutes and have even set them to 40 minutes of non-use and Windows 10 continually locks my screen after 1 minute or less of inactivity.

This is a huge problem and none of the online recommendations have worked, I have tried them all. This problem is causing me a huge lack of productivity and frustration and I can't find a fix or a way to troubleshoot this issue from Microsoft that is more recent than 2016.

I am seriously considering selling my new HP laptop and getting a Mac, this is insane. I would appreciate a response and instructions on how to fix this annoying system problem.

Thank you.

:)

TraceyClark2, Feb 12, 2019

2. Nokia N8 Screen Saver & Power-Saving Mode

My N8 deactivate the screen saver once the power saving mode is activated and it won't set the screen saver back to the normal after the power saving mode is deactivated.

SITI87hajar, Feb 12, 2019
  3. mikimills Win User
    screen saver/power settings

I have tried every suggestion listed in this forum to set my screen to not go off every minute and require me to wait for a re-start of the screen. All power settings are adjusted to 'never' and the screen saver is set to 'on' and wait times of over 40
    minutes. I am going to return this computer because of this problem as work can not be done.

Any thoughts???

mikimills, Feb 12, 2019
  4. PJS
    pjs Win User

Power Save Mode Not Working - Screen Saver Begins within 1 minute of non-activity

PC hibernates / goes into sleep mode upon logout / screen lock

I am using my work computer. It's a laptop with a power connection (not running on battery.) The laptop is hocked up to two monitors (a total of three monitors, counting the laptop's own screen - I usually keep my laptop closed, however.)
    Since I am at work I always lock the screen when I leave my computer. (I use the windows+L shortcut to lock the screen.) This all works fine.

However, after about a minute the computer goes into sleep mode / hibernation. At least I think it does, because the two monitors goes black - and it takes a few seconds to "wake up the system" (the monitors doesn't come back to life immediately when I press a key on the keyboard / move the mouse, as they would if a screen saver was active.)
    This is very annoying if I step away from my computer for only a short while (like going to the bathroom.)

Here's what I want:
    With power (not running on battery):
    When I lock the screen, I want the screen to stay on for 1 minute, then go to screen saver for 15 minutes, then go to hibernation/sleep mode.

Without power (running on battery):
    When I lock the screen, I want the screen to stay on for 1 minute, then go to screen saver for 5 minutes, then go to hibernation/sleep mode.

My best bet is that this is some sort of power saving scheme thingie, but I can't seem to figure out how to configure it to do what I want. Can someone please help me with a step-by-step guide to configure my system the way I want? Thank you.

Thema:

Power Save Mode Not Working - Screen Saver Begins within 1 minute of non-activity

1. Power Save Mode Not Working - Screen Saver Begins within 1 minute of non-activity - Similar Threads - Power Save Mode

2. Power saving mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power saving mode: Whenever I am not plugged in as soon as my laptop reaches around 35-40% the power saver mode automatically switches on. My power saver settings are set to turn on at 15%. Please help....
  3. Power save mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power save mode: hello I just bought my first NMVE M.2 and when i installed the Windows every time I open my pc after Motherboard logo appearmy pc just enter power saving mode so please help me to solve it Thx for your time...
  4. Power Mode Battery Saver

in Windows 10 Customization
    Power Mode Battery Saver: I wanted to know little deep about how battery saver option works and how much energy it saves within an hour considering the laptop is brand new. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-mode-battery-saver/a2c0a78b-544f-45fa-84c9-eca023caaf35
  5. Windows screen saver or power saving mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows screen saver or power saving mode: Just recently my computer has been locking up or hanging up on a system restart when I leave the system unattended. I find the system with the black screen and windows icon up with the small dots that make the circle usually going around frozen. Holding the power button...
  6. Screen saver stops working after a minute or so.

Screen saver stops working after a minute or so.: For my screen saver, I use my own photos in the slide show option, but it only works for a minute or so, then I get a blank screen with the words "an error is preventing the slide show from playing." In order to see my photos, I have to wake my computer and wait until the...
  7. Screen saver starting automatically after 1 minute of inactivity

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Screen saver starting automatically after 1 minute of inactivity: I have changed my power settings in Windows 10 so many times I cannot count. I have my power settings set to not refresh until 20 minutes and have even set them to 40 minutes of non-use and Windows 10 continually locks my screen after 1 minute or less of inactivity. This...
  8. Battery Saver and Power saving

Battery Saver and Power saving: Should i change power slide to better performance or best performance while gaming ? if i am not wrong, power saver on windows 7 reduced cpu speed and it was bad for games. BUT new power slide mode (battery saver, better battery, etc.) affects to computer speed or game...
  9. Screen Saver Resets to 1 Minute - Here's What Fixed it for Me

Screen Saver Resets to 1 Minute - Here's What Fixed it for Me: OK so I see a few different screen saver issues around the forum and I couldn't say if they are connected in any way but here's my issue and what seems to be a work around of sorts that got my screen saver up and running again. SETUPS Clean install of Windows 10 Home...
  10. Power saving options (screen saver & sleep) not working.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power saving options (screen saver & sleep) not working.: Hello all, Like the topic of the post says, the power options are not working correctly. I set the time for the screen saver to come on as well as the timer to put the computer to sleep and after monitoring the computer, neither did as was intended. I have manipulated the...