Windows 10: Power saver not resoping to settings. will not work

Discus and support Power saver not resoping to settings. will not work in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Cannot get PC to go into screen. or power saver mode. Tried everything including troubleshooter that detected and fixed the problem but it didn't. Was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by KenAlger, Dec 17, 2019.

1. KenAlger Win User

Power saver not resoping to settings. will not work

Cannot get PC to go into screen. or power saver mode. Tried everything including troubleshooter that detected and fixed the problem but it didn't. Was working fine up to about a month ago.

Thank You

Ken A

:)

KenAlger, Dec 17, 2019

2. Power saver not resoping to settings. will not work

Hi Ken,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues with Power options on your PC. For further clarity on the issue, please respond to the questions below:

1. When you say, “Cannot get PC to go into screen or power saver mode” are you facing issues with Screen Saver settings or Sleep Mode settings?
    2. Which build version of Windows 10 are you using currently?
    3. Are you aware of any changes made to the PC prior to which you weren’t facing this issue?

Refer the article Which version of Windows operating system am I running?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to try resetting the Power Plan settings to default and see if everything works fine.

1. Press Windows +
      S
      key together to open Search.
    2. Now type CMD and select Run as administrator.
    3. Accept the UAC prompts.
    4. Type in the following commands one by one and hit
      Enter
      :

powercfg –restoredefaultschemes
    5. Restart the PC.

You may want to refer the article
    How to adjust power and sleep settings
    and see if that helps.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jan 9, 2020
  3. KenAlger Win User

Cannot get PC to go into screen. or power saver mode. Tried everything including troubleshooter that detected and fixed the problem but it didn't. Was working fine up to about a month ago.

Thank You

Ken A

KenAlger, Jan 9, 2020
  4. mikimills Win User

screen saver/power settings

I have tried every suggestion listed in this forum to set my screen to not go off every minute and require me to wait for a re-start of the screen. All power settings are adjusted to 'never' and the screen saver is set to 'on' and wait times of over 40
    minutes. I am going to return this computer because of this problem as work can not be done.

Any thoughts???

mikimills, Jan 9, 2020
Thema:

1. Power saver not resoping to settings. will not work - Similar Threads - Power saver resoping

2. Screen saver and monitor power settings stopped working after updating PC in September

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen saver and monitor power settings stopped working after updating PC in September: Both the screen saver and the monitor power settings have stopped working after recent updates in both September and October. I have updated the drivers for the graphic card and monitor, reverted power management settings to default and then went back and changed them so that...
  3. Screen saver and monitor power settings stopped working after updating PC in September

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen saver and monitor power settings stopped working after updating PC in September: Both the screen saver and the monitor power settings have stopped working after recent updates in both September and October. I have updated the drivers for the graphic card and monitor, reverted power management settings to default and then went back and changed them so that...
  4. Screen saver and monitor power settings stopped working after updating PC in September

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  5. Power, Screen saver, and Sleep settings have no affect

in Windows 10 Support
    Power, Screen saver, and Sleep settings have no affect: I have just recently done a clean install of Win 10. This install is the only thing on this computer at this time. I was surprised to see the monitor still on in the morning after the install. From Settings > Power and Sleep I set the screen off after 10 minutes and sleep...
  6. Screen Saver settings do not work

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen Saver settings do not work: The screen saver settings lets me set the 'wait time' etc and all looks good after pressing the 'apply and then OK buttons'. However when the wait time is over the saver will not run. I have adjusted/tried all power settings etc even the troubleshooter for power. It found...
  7. power saver settings

power saver settings: i've assigned power settings as many places as i can, saved, restarted, but screen saver STILL comes on after only 5 minutes. why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-saver-settings/fc0bd50a-a3ba-442d-a2f6-4912d97327ff
  8. Screen saver setting no work

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen saver setting no work: When the screen saver option loads, it doesn't work, same with backgrounds. Waiting does not work.[IMG][IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-saver-setting-no-work/cd39cf15-1168-4cc2-9642-7c1ad7356f2a
  9. Power saver icon

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Power saver icon: Hello I have a Acer Aspire ES1-571 running Windows 10. After a recent update the power saver icon can no longer be activated, Any advise please, Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-saver-icon/4acaba7a-1892-453f-88fd-c298bbf041e5
  10. Power saving options (screen saver & sleep) not working.

Power saving options (screen saver & sleep) not working.: Hello all, Like the topic of the post says, the power options are not working correctly. I set the time for the screen saver to come on as well as the timer to put the computer to sleep and after monitoring the computer, neither did as was intended. I have manipulated the...