Windows 10: power saver settings

Discus and support power saver settings in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; i've assigned power settings as many places as i can, saved, restarted, but screen saver STILL comes on after only 5 minutes. why?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by dragonaerie, Sep 16, 2020.

1. power saver settings

i've assigned power settings as many places as i can, saved, restarted, but screen saver STILL comes on after only 5 minutes. why?

:)

dragonaerie, Sep 16, 2020
  2. mikimills Win User

screen saver/power settings

I have tried every suggestion listed in this forum to set my screen to not go off every minute and require me to wait for a re-start of the screen. All power settings are adjusted to 'never' and the screen saver is set to 'on' and wait times of over 40
    minutes. I am going to return this computer because of this problem as work can not be done.

Any thoughts???

mikimills, Sep 16, 2020
  3. Screen Saver and Sceen lock

Hi,

Regarding your concern, we suggest setting up power options first before setting the screen saver. You may perform these steps:

• In the search box on the task bar, type Power Options,
      and then select Power Options.
    • Click Change Plan Settings.
    • Change the settings to Never.
    • Select Save changes.
    • Set your screen saver.

Do let us know should you need further assistance.

Rachelle Gra, Sep 16, 2020
  4. Rose Cal Win User

power saver settings

Screen Saver Randomly Turning OFF

One factor that you need to consider is a conflict with the power settings. As a workaround, we suggest that you change power plan settings, follow the steps below:

• Search Screen Saver Settings using Cortana.
    • Click Change power settings.
    • Under Choose or customize a power plan, select Balance (recommended) if it was set on High performance or
      vice versa.

Regard.

Rose Cal, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

power saver settings

1. power saver settings - Similar Threads - power saver settings

2. Power, Screen saver, and Sleep settings have no affect

in Windows 10 Support
    Power, Screen saver, and Sleep settings have no affect: I have just recently done a clean install of Win 10. This install is the only thing on this computer at this time. I was surprised to see the monitor still on in the morning after the install. From Settings > Power and Sleep I set the screen off after 10 minutes and sleep...
  3. Power Mode Battery Saver

in Windows 10 Customization
    Power Mode Battery Saver: I wanted to know little deep about how battery saver option works and how much energy it saves within an hour considering the laptop is brand new. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-mode-battery-saver/a2c0a78b-544f-45fa-84c9-eca023caaf35
  4. What's the point of power saver if it's not power savingi

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What's the point of power saver if it's not power savingi: So I have power saver active and every time I go into "change advanced power settings" the minimum processor state is always resetting itself to 100% when plugged in even though I change it back to 5% it some how reverts to 100% without my knowledge. Same goes for the...
  5. Laptop balanced power plan or power saver

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop balanced power plan or power saver: My laptop vents has no dust and foreign matters, also i have cooling pad. But when cpu going to 100% caused by update, maintenance, etc, it can hurt my 6 years laptop. Since the temperature can be mesured in 3rd patry app called core temp it rise about 75% when heavy load,...
  6. Power saver not resoping to settings. will not work

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power saver not resoping to settings. will not work: Cannot get PC to go into screen. or power saver mode. Tried everything including troubleshooter that detected and fixed the problem but it didn't. Was working fine up to about a month ago. Thank You Ken A...
  7. Is there a way to disable the "Power Saver" power option?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to disable the "Power Saver" power option?: For what ever reason, my pc (HP Pavillion Gaming Tower) keeps switching from High Performance to Power Saver on its own without me clicking anything. For example. As I'm playing a game, I'm getting max frames constantly, then all of the sudden, my frames drop to 40s and I...
  8. Power saver icon

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Power saver icon: Hello I have a Acer Aspire ES1-571 running Windows 10. After a recent update the power saver icon can no longer be activated, Any advise please, Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-saver-icon/4acaba7a-1892-453f-88fd-c298bbf041e5
  9. Battery Saver and Power saving

in Windows 10 Customization
    Battery Saver and Power saving: Should i change power slide to better performance or best performance while gaming ? if i am not wrong, power saver on windows 7 reduced cpu speed and it was bad for games. BUT new power slide mode (battery saver, better battery, etc.) affects to computer speed or game...
  10. Add Energy Saver settings to Power Options in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Energy Saver settings to Power Options in Windows 10: How to: Add Energy Saver settings to Power Options in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove "Energy Saver settings" Power Options in Windows 10 Windows 10 introduces a new battery saver (aka: Energy Saver) feature that conserves your PC's battery by limiting background...