Windows 10: "power saver" shuts off network card?

Discus and support "power saver" shuts off network card? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; HiAt our company we use Lenovo x1 laptops and Lenovo T27hv-20 monitors with build-in docking station and Windows 11 22h2We experience a annoying... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Søren Gjerløv Callisen, Mar 31, 2023.

1. "power saver" shuts off network card?

HiAt our company we use Lenovo x1 laptops and Lenovo T27hv-20 monitors with build-in docking station and Windows 11 22h2We experience a annoying problem.It seems when a user locks his/her screen using Win+L, the monitor turns off in about 5 min and then the network connection is lost/sleeping.It's annoying, because then the connection needs to re-establish with user returns and we have some Outlook plug-ins which closes when there's no network connection.I have been in contact with Lenovo to figure out if this was caused by the build-in docking station. But they say NO, it must be Windows te

:)

Søren Gjerløv Callisen, Mar 31, 2023
  2. xxx123 Win User

Windows Power Management - Power Saver - is this safe for graphic card

Hi. If i change in Windows 10 in Power Management from Balanced to Power Saver is this safe for graphic card?
    I change from Balanced to Power Saver and fps in benchmark went from 180fps to 50fps. Is there any hardware related changes due to swap from Balanced to Power Saver ?

xxx123, Mar 31, 2023
  3. Screen Saver and Sceen lock

Hi,

Regarding your concern, we suggest setting up power options first before setting the screen saver. You may perform these steps:

• In the search box on the task bar, type Power Options,
      and then select Power Options.
    • Click Change Plan Settings.
    • Change the settings to Never.
    • Select Save changes.
    • Set your screen saver.

Do let us know should you need further assistance.

Rachelle Gra, Mar 31, 2023
  4. Rose Cal Win User

"power saver" shuts off network card?

Screen Saver Randomly Turning OFF

One factor that you need to consider is a conflict with the power settings. As a workaround, we suggest that you change power plan settings, follow the steps below:

• Search Screen Saver Settings using Cortana.
    • Click Change power settings.
    • Under Choose or customize a power plan, select Balance (recommended) if it was set on High performance or
      vice versa.

Regard.

Rose Cal, Mar 31, 2023
Thema:

"power saver" shuts off network card?

1. "power saver" shuts off network card? - Similar Threads - power saver shuts

2. "power saver" shuts off network card?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "power saver" shuts off network card?: HiAt our company we use Lenovo x1 laptops and Lenovo T27hv-20 monitors with build-in docking station and Windows 11 22h2We experience a annoying problem.It seems when a user locks his/her screen using Win+L, the monitor turns off in about 5 min and then the network connection...
  3. Windows 10 De-prioritizing Network Adapter Power, Shutting it off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 De-prioritizing Network Adapter Power, Shutting it off: When running high-performance applications like games, my laptop periodically disconnects from wifi altogether. This seems to happen quicker & more often when I play on higher graphics settings, and slower & less often when I play on lower settings. Unfortunately, it...
  4. Windows 10 De-prioritizing Network Adapter Power, Shutting it off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 De-prioritizing Network Adapter Power, Shutting it off: When running high-performance applications like games, my laptop periodically disconnects from wifi altogether. This seems to happen quicker & more often when I play on higher graphics settings, and slower & less often when I play on lower settings. Unfortunately, it...
  5. Windows 10 De-prioritizing Network Adapter Power, Shutting it off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. power saver settings

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    power saver settings: i've assigned power settings as many places as i can, saved, restarted, but screen saver STILL comes on after only 5 minutes. why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-saver-settings/fc0bd50a-a3ba-442d-a2f6-4912d97327ff
  7. Computer crashes randomly and video card power shuts off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer crashes randomly and video card power shuts off: I'm not sure 100% if the video card power shuts off to the unit but the led's on the card that show how much power is being used completely cuts off and displays none of the led's lit up. It will happen randomly, whether I am on the desktop, playing a game, watching a movie,...
  8. Shut down/Power off

Shut down/Power off: I have an HP laptop with windows 10 home. When I choose start/shut down, it closes everything and screen goes blank, but won't power down (off). It used to work. I have to manually turn it off....
  9. POWER SETTINGS - IF WATCHING A VIDEO WILL POWER SHUT OFF ?

POWER SETTINGS - IF WATCHING A VIDEO WILL POWER SHUT OFF ?: Hi, In the Power Settings, If I set the power to turn off in 1 hour, will it shut off even if I'm streaming a movie at the time? RAP Microsoft Windows 10 Home (64 bit). I upgraded my Win 8 machine to Win 10. Machine: Lenovo (i5) G500s Touch notebook (laptop)....
  10. Windows Power Management - Power Saver - is this safe for graphic card

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Windows Power Management - Power Saver - is this safe for graphic card: Hi. If i change in Windows 10 in Power Management from Balanced to Power Saver is this safe for graphic card? I change from Balanced to Power Saver and fps in benchmark went from 180fps to 50fps. Is there any hardware related changes due to swap from Balanced to Power Saver...