Windows 10: "Power Savings Switch" is changed. (1809 update)

Discus and support "Power Savings Switch" is changed. (1809 update) in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; [img] After updating Win10 with the fall update version 1809 I got the above pop-up, no matter how many times I reboot this pop-up is there every... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by hatcher, Oct 10, 2018.

1. hatcher Win User

"Power Savings Switch" is changed. (1809 update)

"Power Savings Switch" is changed. (1809 update) [​IMG]

After updating Win10 with the fall update version 1809 I got the above pop-up, no matter how many times I reboot this pop-up is there every time I log on.

I cannot find a "Power Saving Switch" in my Power Settings, does anyone know what this is or what it does? or at the very least how I can remove this pop-up?

This only came about after the 1809 fall update (last week), all my drivers are up to date and no other changes were made to my computer other than the Windows Ten 1809 update.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

:)

hatcher, Oct 10, 2018
  2. mikwag Win User

N8 - Power Saving Mode

Not sure if this helps but the suggestion in the manual if power saving is acitvated and you want to switch it off is to press the on/off button briefly and then change the power saving settings there. Haven't yet had a chance to use it, so don't know whether
    this helps.

mikwag, Oct 10, 2018
  3. btarunr Win User
    Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Oct 10, 2018
  4. WillBthr Win User

Windows 1809 Started the install on Surface Pro 4 but it stopped and the update screen closed by itself.

It started the download of 1809 and I walked away. Came back twenty minutes later and the update page was no longer open. Tried update again and it said it's updated.

It didn't complete the update or state the RESTART NOW.

Update history lists 1809 and states RESTART REQUIRED but since it didn't complete the install restarting does nothing.

So it thinks it's installed the 1809 update but it hasn't. It won't download 1809 again.

ABOUT say's it is 1803.

Suggestions?

WillBthr, Oct 10, 2018
Thema:

1. "Power Savings Switch" is changed. (1809 update) - Similar Threads - Power Savings Switch

2. change gpu used in power saving mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    change gpu used in power saving mode: Is it possible to change what gpu is used when power saving mode is on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-gpu-used-in-power-saving-mode/4730853b-6328-4b85-9221-4fc5e747e4cb
  3. change gpu used in power saving mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    change gpu used in power saving mode: Is it possible to change what gpu is used when power saving mode is on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-gpu-used-in-power-saving-mode/4730853b-6328-4b85-9221-4fc5e747e4cb
  4. "power savings switch" new setting is graphic?

in Windows 10 Customization
    "power savings switch" new setting is graphic?: After an automatic update a while back in windows 10, i now get a window that says "power savings switch" is changed. New setting is now Graphic. This change will be effective when you reboot now or later. It doesnt matter when i push the reboot button, the window is always...
  5. Power Saving Switch is changed issue on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Power Saving Switch is changed issue on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Updating Windows 10 can sometimes be a troublesome experience. Some users reported to us that soon after they finished installing an update, they started seeing Power Saving Switch is changed box on their computer screen. If if you reboot, the [...] This...
  6. Steam Games not saving after update 1809

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Steam Games not saving after update 1809: I am trying to play Borderlands 2 on the Surface Book 2 with windows 10 on firmware 1809 with automatic updates on. When I progress through the game and save it and quit, the game does not save any of the progress i just made. I have tried unticking "read only" and i have...
  7. 1809 error kept saying reboot after I update to 1809 and it says power saving switch...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    1809 error kept saying reboot after I update to 1809 and it says power saving switch...: Hello, Why is it that when I update to 1809 there's error saying power saving switch changed to graphic and it kept saying reboot, but after I reboot it, it shows the same error again and I reboot it again and the same message[ATTACH]...
  8. "Power Savings Switch" is changed. (1809 update)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    "Power Savings Switch" is changed. (1809 update): [img] After updating Win10 with the fall update version 1809 I got the above pop-up, no matter how many times I reboot this pop-up is there every time I log on. I cannot find a "Power Saving Switch" in my Power Settings, does anyone know what this is or what it does? or...
  9. How to solve "Power Saving Switch" is changed issue WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to solve "Power Saving Switch" is changed issue WINDOWS 10: I did a recent windows update on my Windows 10 Home, then after the installation completed, this (refer image) popped out on my desktop startup. I've tried the 'Reboot Immediately' then it restarts and the same thing happened again. I've even tried some settings in the power...
  10. I cannot save changes to the Power & Sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    I cannot save changes to the Power & Sleep: I change Power & Sleep time from 15 min to 30 min. When I restart the time is back to 15 min. I checked and I am the admin. I changed acct to local from Win. Still no joy. Without going into some kind of registry trying stuff way over my head, isn't there some kind of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. power saving switch is changed

2. power saving switch is changed windows 10

3. power saving switch

4. power saving switch rebooten,
  5. power saving switch como quitarlo,
  6. power saving switch graphic,
  7. power saving switch reboot,
  8. power saving switch will not go away,
  9. power savings switch is change,
  10. power savings switch is changed. (1809 update),
  11. switch reboot when windows 10,