Windows 10: power sequence order?

Discus and support power sequence order? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I have a lenovo thinkpad 10 windows tablet in my car for media/sat-nav. I would like to arrange a sequence for power shutdown if possible? The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pootler, Nov 9, 2020.

1. pootler Win User

power sequence order?

Hi,

I have a lenovo thinkpad 10 windows tablet in my car for media/sat-nav.

I would like to arrange a sequence for power shutdown if possible?

The first power state to initiate would be sleep.

This is initiated by the tablet losing power when the ignition is switched off.

Then, after 30 mins, i would like it to go into hibernate.

Then after another 90minutes , to shutdown.

I want this sequence to be automatic, and not involve any ''button pushing'' from me - except for the initial sleep command sent by power loss.

Is this possible?

Many Thanks

My thinking behind this is , If I leave the car for a short time, upon return the tablet will return immediately from sleep.

If I am away a bit longer, the tablet will initiate hibernation for battery saving, but will still start a bit slower if I return within 2 hours.

Any longer than that , the tablet shuts down, and will require rebooting upon return.

:)

pootler, Nov 9, 2020

2. Lost Power, now PC won't boot. Powers on and clicks.

I had tried both of those steps. Neither worked. I have a replacement power supply on order. Should be here on Monday. Thanks for the suggestions.

musiclover7, Nov 9, 2020
  3. jds63 Win User
    Lost Power, now PC won't boot. Powers on and clicks.

Hope for sure it is the Power Supply without testing it and the checking the Graphics Card.

jds63, Nov 9, 2020
  4. Sasqui Win User

power sequence order?

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Nov 9, 2020
Thema:

power sequence order?

1. power sequence order? - Similar Threads - power sequence order

2. Boot sequence

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot sequence: Is there a downloadable tool out there, that will allow me to follow my Windows 10 boot sequence? My PC seems to freeze up during the boot sequence somewhere. I remember with the older versions of Windows, there was a way to follow the boot sequence....
  3. Boot sequence

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Boot sequence: Is there a downloadable tool out there, that will allow me to follow my Windows 10 boot sequence? My PC seems to freeze up during the boot sequence somewhere. I remember with the older versions of Windows, there was a way to follow the boot sequence....
  4. Boot sequence

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Scanning order or sequence

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Scanning order or sequence: g photos sing Windows Fax & Scan, I would like photos to stay in the order they were scanned ? The are automatically saving in i'm assuming the size of the scan....
  6. Order of 'power on' on a network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Order of 'power on' on a network: I have two Windows 10 version 1909 machines on a wireless network. One is home and the other is Pro both MS accounts. Both work just fine on the internet If I turn on machine 1 first and then machine 2, neither can see the other. However, if I then reboot 1 they both can see...
  7. Windows 10 Task Bar Open Window Ordering According to Click Sequence

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Task Bar Open Window Ordering According to Click Sequence: Hi, Windows 10 orders the items on taskbar by grouping them according to application type. For example, if you open a text file, and then a jpeg image, then a text file again, the last text file you've opened doesn't become the last item at taskbar. Jpeg file stays at the...
  8. Bingo cards order sequence

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bingo cards order sequence: The Bingo cards are listed in an Up & Down order. How do you get them to display in Side By Side order on the screen, so you can see all the Cards at once? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bingo-cards-order-sequence/d1cb89c9-87ab-45b1-9b4d-ffa50ade8690
  9. beeping sequence

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    beeping sequence: I have a 5 beep sequence that I cannot figure out. everything operates fine other than this beeping https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/beeping-sequence/e85df9e6-7d66-4ca9-b11a-858970db7343
  10. Windows Sort sequence irritant -- wrong sequence

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Sort sequence irritant -- wrong sequence: Hi there when browsing through tagged music files Windows seems to come up with the WRONG sort sequence For example if I'm browsing Mozart Mozart symphonies /CD 1 Mozart symphonies /CD 10 ------- /CD 14 Mozart symphonies /CD 2 Mozart symphonies /CD 3 What I...