Windows 10: Power setting keep changing by itself

Discus and support Power setting keep changing by itself in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Power settings change randomly to "Balanced" from high performance. I can't run my photo editing software on balanced power. Is there a solution?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JonathanChase, Mar 15, 2020.

1. Power setting keep changing by itself

Power settings change randomly to "Balanced" from high performance. I can't run my photo editing software on balanced power. Is there a solution?

:)

JonathanChase, Mar 15, 2020
  2. Ryan Mon1 Win User

Can't Change Power Settings

Thank you for the quick response. We will now move to the second phase of troubleshooting. We suggest that you follow the steps provided below:

Method 1: Run the Power Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with your system's power settings. Here's how:

• In the search box, type troubleshooting, and then click
      Troubleshooting
    • Click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Power troubleshooter.

Method 2: Customize Power options.

If issue persists, the the following steps and check.

• In the search box, type Power options, and then click.
    • Click on choose when to turn off display from the left pane.
    • Click on Restore default settings for this plan.
    • Click on Change advance power settings.
    • Scroll down and expand Power buttons and lid.
    • Expand Power button actions.
    • Click on the Setting and set it to Shut down.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Ryan Mon1, Mar 15, 2020
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Mar 15, 2020
  4. Ryan Mon1 Win User

Power setting keep changing by itself

Can't Change Power Settings

Hi Mars,

This issue might occur if the system's power settings are incorrect or due to software conflicts. We need to ask you a few questions for us to better assist you. Please answer the following information:

• Were there any recent changes made to your system prior to the issue (updates, software installations, etc.)?
    • What troubleshooting steps you've tried so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you perform a
    System File Checker
    to scan and repair a possible corrupted system file.

We'll keen an eye out on your response.

Ryan Mon1, Mar 15, 2020
Thema:

Power setting keep changing by itself

1. Power setting keep changing by itself - Similar Threads - Power setting keep

2. PC keeps crashing/powering itself on at random

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC keeps crashing/powering itself on at random: Hello! I've been having an issue recently with my computer shutting down while playing Genshin Impact, I'm not sure if the game is causing it as I haven't used my PC for anything else in the past few months. I have had a couple power surges while my computer was not plugged...
  3. Why's my brightness level and power plan setting keep changing by itself?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why's my brightness level and power plan setting keep changing by itself?: My laptop is MSI GF75 Thin 10SDRi7 10750H 2.6 GHzGTX 1660 Ti 6 GB VRAM16 GB Dual Channel RAMWindows 10 Home Single Language Version 20H2 OS Build 19042.985First of all, I apologize for my poor English skill, it's not my native language and learns it by self-taught so I hope...
  4. Windows 10 sleep and power settings keep changing

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 sleep and power settings keep changing: Have a rather strange one here that I've been scratching my head on. We run Dell laptops at our job and I keep running into issues with sleep and power settings that don't stay after I make a change. Here is an example: Under Sleep & Power Settings for Sleep, I have the...
  5. Camera setting changing by itself

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Camera setting changing by itself: Hi - While using Zoom, the camera and microphone privacy settings keep reversing themselves. I go back and turn on the permissions for apps to use them, and then they go off a few minutes later - when I check the privacy settings, the permissions have been turned off. This...
  6. DNS server keeps changing itself

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    DNS server keeps changing itself: I used to have my DNS server set to 8.8.8.8 / 8.8.4.4 but in order to access a shared drive at work, I have to set it to automatic. Problem is, every time I bring my laptop into work, it's changed itself back to the Google DNS and I have to manually change it back every day....
  7. Power options change by itself

in Windows 10 Support
    Power options change by itself: I always change my power options from windows high performance to my custom power options every time i turn on my laptop and today i just left and lock my computer for about 2 minutes when i go back i notice the power options change by itself to high performance. At first i...
  8. Screen Resolution Keeps Changing Itself

Screen Resolution Keeps Changing Itself: My default (and recommended) screen resolution is 1366 x 968. This used to be fine. Now, very frequently, my laptop restarts (or wakes up from sleep) with a resolution of 1024 x 768. Windows Display Settings shows the resolution grayed out, so I can't change it. When I...
  9. Accent color keeps changing by itself

Accent color keeps changing by itself: I am experiencing a very strange issue with my color, ever since the November update it keeps changing on its own. It happens after every reboot, and after about 24 hours of being on, the color changes to this ugly pumpkin orange. At first I thought they just changed it when...
  10. Something Keeps Changing My Power Setting

in Windows 10 Support
    Something Keeps Changing My Power Setting: I have 4 Windows 10 machines at home, and one of them is showing the infamous "going to sleep" problem. That PC goes into sleep after about 15 seconds of inactivity. -If I reset the power setting and create a new power setting (e.g., sleep after 2 hours), the PC works...