Windows 10: Power Setting randomly switches from Balanced to High Performance

Discus and support Power Setting randomly switches from Balanced to High Performance in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So I upgraded to W10 last week and came along this problem. Every time i use my laptop it randomly switches its power setting by itself from balanced... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Wimp Lo, Aug 18, 2015.

1. Wimp Lo Win User

Power Setting randomly switches from Balanced to High Performance

So I upgraded to W10 last week and came along this problem. Every time i use my laptop it randomly switches its power setting by itself from balanced to high performance like once every hour. When it does that it also shows the start menu. I was baffled at first. My balanced brightness is set to 50% when running on batteries but after a few moments it starts to change to 100% brightness and realized it has already changed to High Performance. The same thing happens when i plug my pc in.

I have to set it back manually to Balanced every now and then and its really annoying, especially when the start menu pops up while i am using programs and playing games. Also, when i turn off the display for an overnight download, it turns on by itself anytime during the night when it changes power setting... waking me up. If anyone could help...

:)

Wimp Lo, Aug 18, 2015
  2. GusDalto Win User

ASUS G752VT Touchpad "ASUS Smart Gesture" and power UserModePowerService Event ID 12

Forgive me , about the above mistakes , the solution is simple : go to Power Options and switch from Balanced to High Performance, that's all .

GusDalto, Aug 18, 2015
  3. Automatically Switch To Another Power Plan

After upgrade from windows 8.1 to windows 10 I faced this problem

My Laptop automatically switch the power plan from balance to high performance, and when I return it to balance mode again, device back to high performance again

and this repeated after 20-30 minuet i guess

i noted that the start menu expands automatically after that power plan change automatically.

AbdoAllah Akram, Aug 18, 2015
Thema:

Power Setting randomly switches from Balanced to High Performance

1. Power Setting randomly switches from Balanced to High Performance - Similar Threads - Power Setting randomly

2. power plans are switching back and forth by themselves (from balanced to power saver mode)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    power plans are switching back and forth by themselves (from balanced to power saver mode): Noticed that when changing power mode that the plan modes are changing by themselves. Is this normal or what? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-plans-are-switching-back-and-forth-by/511f4b1f-d16b-4a32-b163-23ebc378363c
  3. Windows 10 Graphics settings High performance or power saving - Functions of it are not...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Graphics settings High performance or power saving - Functions of it are not...: Windows 10 makes when you select high performance or power saving are not listed anywhere. What concrete does this functions are doing with the apps that I can choose ?And which programs are suitable for an high performance ?...
  4. High Performance Power Plan and Ultimate Performance Power Plan.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High Performance Power Plan and Ultimate Performance Power Plan.: What is the real difference between the High Performance Power Plan and Ultimate Performance Power Plan? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-performance-power-plan-and-ultimate/6625509a-a16e-4c61-a36f-a7c9a5d7ce5c
  5. Cannot change power plan from balanced

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot change power plan from balanced: Using a Windows 10 laptop with Home Edition version 1803 unable to change power plan from balanced to high power Using the laptop to DJ with and I am getting audio dropouts and been advised to disable CPU throttling and need to do the plan change in order to do this please...
  6. My battery power plan keeps switching to high performance

My battery power plan keeps switching to high performance: Every 20 minutes my battery plan is switching to high performance. How can I resolve this issue? I am running windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/my-battery-power-plan-keeps-switching-to-high/4568dbfc-f893-4c89-808c-bb47430abdee
  7. random shutdowns unless power plan set to performance.

random shutdowns unless power plan set to performance.: There seems to be a fairly common issue with pc laptops experiencing random shutdowns, event 41 (63) unless the high performance power plan is enabled. After much research and several weeks of troubleshooting hardware and drivers I found this solution. I have a one year...
  8. Lauching games forcing power plan to be set in High Performance mode

Lauching games forcing power plan to be set in High Performance mode: Hello All, Long time stalker, but first time poster. I have a new rig Intel i7 7700K, Asus Prime Z270AR, Samsung Evo 850 1Tb, Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200MHz 16Gb Ram, EVGA Geforce Gtx 1080 SC. I have been dealing with an issue where launching a game forces the power plan to...
  9. Power options missing High Performance option

Power options missing High Performance option: Surface 3. Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, version 1709 Build 16299.192 Cannot find the High Performance option under Power Options. [img] I used registry editing: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power Changed CsEnabled key value from 1 to 0. Did...
  10. Power Setting randomly switches from Balanced to High Performance

Power Setting randomly switches from Balanced to High Performance: ​ So I upgraded to W10 last week and came along this problem. Every time i use my laptop it randomly switches its power setting by itself from balanced to high performance like once every hour. When it does that it also shows the start menu. I was baffled at first. My...