Windows 10: Power settings automatically changing

Discus and support Power settings automatically changing in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I hope someone out there can help me please - As for a few months now, Windows 10 build 19042.685 keeps changing the sleep setting to 2 hours, I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by MikelKostov, Dec 20, 2020.

1. Power settings automatically changing

I hope someone out there can help me please -

As for a few months now, Windows 10 build 19042.685 keeps changing the sleep setting to 2 hours, I have it set to never, as I could have background processes happening and I don't want to watch it so I let t go unsupervised, and when I come back - it has gone to sleep - and most of the time I have to start the process all over again,.

I have followed several different posts which I had hoped would work, they don't - it's getting really annoying.

one was setting no sleep in group policy,

the other was a I'm unable to remember right at this moment but one of them had me removing a setting which was supposed to be automating the power settings, which is not the case. when I remember I will post the link

I have done all the usual basic trouble shooting, even installed a power management tool, which didn't do anything.

I don't know if anyone else is getting it, but it pretty much started with one of the Windows updates.

:)

MikelKostov, Dec 20, 2020
  2. Ryan Mon1 Win User

Can't Change Power Settings

Thank you for the quick response. We will now move to the second phase of troubleshooting. We suggest that you follow the steps provided below:

Method 1: Run the Power Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with your system's power settings. Here's how:

• In the search box, type troubleshooting, and then click
      Troubleshooting
    • Click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Power troubleshooter.

Method 2: Customize Power options.

If issue persists, the the following steps and check.

• In the search box, type Power options, and then click.
    • Click on choose when to turn off display from the left pane.
    • Click on Restore default settings for this plan.
    • Click on Change advance power settings.
    • Scroll down and expand Power buttons and lid.
    • Expand Power button actions.
    • Click on the Setting and set it to Shut down.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Ryan Mon1, Dec 20, 2020
  3. Power settings automatically changes the processor state to 100%.

Hi,

The issue might occur if the settings are corrupted.

I suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in search box and press Enter.

• Click on “View all” on the top left pane.

• Click on Power from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Also, run SFC (System File Checker) scan.

• Right click on Start button and select “Command Prompt (Admin)”.

• Type “sfc /scannow” and press Enter.

• After the scan is complete, type “exit” and press Enter.
    For more information about SFC scan, click on the link below:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

Please get back to us with the results of the issue in regards with power settings and any other questions you might have regarding Windows operating systems. We are happy to assist.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Dec 20, 2020
  4. Sasqui Win User

Power settings automatically changing

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Dec 20, 2020
Thema:

Power settings automatically changing

1. Power settings automatically changing - Similar Threads - Power settings automatically

2. How to change the power settings

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to change the power settings: Hi I have W10 Pro on an ASUS VivobooxX405 I changed by Power Settings to Balanced because I was operating on battery and did not want my laptop to fail while I was working. The screen lost brightness but it was okay. Now I want to revert to high performance but cannot see the...
  3. How to change the power settings

in Windows 10 Support
    How to change the power settings: Hi I have W10 Pro on an ASUS VivobooxX405 I changed by Power Settings to Balanced because I was operating on battery and did not want my laptop to fail while I was working. The screen lost brightness but it was okay. Now I want to revert to high performance but cannot see the...
  4. Power Settings - No Automatic Shutoff

in Windows 10 Support
    Power Settings - No Automatic Shutoff: Have the settings at 5 for screen off and 10 or 30 for power off. Automatic screen shuts off is okay. Power does not go off automatically. The computer will go into sleep state using the keyboard key. I ried the Windows trouble shooting tool for a fix but it did not find any...
  5. Power and sleep settings cannot be changed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Power and sleep settings cannot be changed: Since a recent windows 10 update, my screen shuts off after about 1 minute and my computer sleeps after 5 min. despite trying to reset in settings multiple times. Suggestions welcome....
  6. how to automatically change windows power plan ?

in Windows 10 Support
    how to automatically change windows power plan ?: I found only how to change this upon program launch using task sheduler, but after i close program i want to change it back to balanced. I didn't find any program, or way how to do this automatically. Which is strange, one would think they would want people save energy for...
  7. How to automatically set power setting?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to automatically set power setting?: When i plug my charger the power setting automatically set the power setting to high performance and it's great. But the power setting also set to high performance when i turn on my laptop unplugged, and I have to manually change to either power saving or balance. Is there a...
  8. Windows automatically changed the settings

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows automatically changed the settings: All started when I was writing a blog... I got a call and left my laptop on for 5 min. The display turned off but the pc was on... I tried waking it up.. but there was no response. The disk read/write indicator was continuously lighted without a blink... The screen turned...
  9. Power Plan automatically changing at game launch

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power Plan automatically changing at game launch: I had noticed my PC wasn't going to sleep as expected. What I found was the power plan had switched from my custom Balanced plan to the High Performance plan. I've been able to reproduce this by launching a game with the control panel power options window up in my other...
  10. Power settings mysteriously changed.

in Windows 10 Support
    Power settings mysteriously changed.: Just had a windows update yesterday, not sure if the events are connected but turn off display went from my setting of 30 minutes to 10 minutes and sleep never went to 30 minutes. These I believe are the defaults. Did this happen to anyone else after yesterdays update?...