Windows 10: POWER SETTINGS - IF WATCHING A VIDEO WILL POWER SHUT OFF ?

Discus and support POWER SETTINGS - IF WATCHING A VIDEO WILL POWER SHUT OFF ? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, In the Power Settings, If I set the power to turn off in 1 hour, will it shut off even if I'm streaming a movie at the time? RAP Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by RAPXV, Apr 1, 2019.

1. RAPXV Win User

POWER SETTINGS - IF WATCHING A VIDEO WILL POWER SHUT OFF ?

Hi,

In the Power Settings, If I set the power to turn off in 1 hour, will it shut off even if I'm streaming a movie at the time?

RAP

Microsoft Windows 10 Home (64 bit).

I upgraded my Win 8 machine to Win 10.

Machine: Lenovo (i5) G500s Touch

notebook (laptop).

:)

RAPXV, Apr 1, 2019
  2. Ryan Mon1 Win User

Can't Change Power Settings

Thank you for the quick response. We will now move to the second phase of troubleshooting. We suggest that you follow the steps provided below:

Method 1: Run the Power Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with your system's power settings. Here's how:

• In the search box, type troubleshooting, and then click
      Troubleshooting
    • Click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Power troubleshooter.

Method 2: Customize Power options.

If issue persists, the the following steps and check.

• In the search box, type Power options, and then click.
    • Click on choose when to turn off display from the left pane.
    • Click on Restore default settings for this plan.
    • Click on Change advance power settings.
    • Scroll down and expand Power buttons and lid.
    • Expand Power button actions.
    • Click on the Setting and set it to Shut down.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Ryan Mon1, Apr 1, 2019
  3. Power settings

Hello Cindy,

Let's determine the cause of the issue. To get started, please provide the following information:

• Do the power settings adjustments ever worked before?
    • Have you made any recent changes to the computer prior to the issue?

Meanwhile, let's run the Power Troubleshooter. This troubleshooter will automatically troubleshoots Windows power plans and detects your system settings that can affects power usage, such as timeout and sleep settings, and screensavers.
    To do so, please follow these steps:

• Open Control Panel.
    • Select View by: Small icons.
    • Open Troubleshooting.
    • Under System and Security, run the Power Troubleshooter.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.

Furthermore, you may try creating a new power plan on the computer and check if it works.

For more information regarding sleep and other power options, you may check this article:
    Shut down, sleep, or hibernate your PC.

We'll keep an eye out to your response.

Antoneth Ber, Apr 1, 2019
  4. POWER SETTINGS - IF WATCHING A VIDEO WILL POWER SHUT OFF ?

POWER SETTINGS

Hi Gerald,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing on Windows 10, we will help you with this issue.

Let us know few thing to analyze the issue.

• What is the make and model of the pc?

• Are you able to wake the computer back from sleep?
    This issue might occur due to some corruption in the power settings.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Let’s run Power troubleshooter.

The power troubleshooter can automatically detect and fix any incorrect power settings. Refer to these steps to run this troubleshooter:

• Select settings in the drop down menu below search and type
      Troubleshooting.

• Click on Troubleshooting and select the view all option on the left pane.

• Click on Power troubleshooter and follow the prompts.
    If issue persist, I suggest you to try method 2.

Method 2: Create new Power Plan.

Please refer to “Can I create a power plan?” section of the link below:

Power plans: frequently asked questions

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/power-plans-faq#1TC=windows-8

Note: Steps for Windows 8 or 8.1 applies to
    Windows 10.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

JuzarAli1709, Apr 1, 2019
Thema:

POWER SETTINGS - IF WATCHING A VIDEO WILL POWER SHUT OFF ?

1. POWER SETTINGS - IF WATCHING A VIDEO WILL POWER SHUT OFF ? - Similar Threads - POWER SETTINGS WATCHING

2. "power saver" shuts off network card?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "power saver" shuts off network card?: HiAt our company we use Lenovo x1 laptops and Lenovo T27hv-20 monitors with build-in docking station and Windows 11 22h2We experience a annoying problem.It seems when a user locks his/her screen using Win+L, the monitor turns off in about 5 min and then the network connection...
  3. "power saver" shuts off network card?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "power saver" shuts off network card?: HiAt our company we use Lenovo x1 laptops and Lenovo T27hv-20 monitors with build-in docking station and Windows 11 22h2We experience a annoying problem.It seems when a user locks his/her screen using Win+L, the monitor turns off in about 5 min and then the network connection...
  4. power problem shuts off with lid closed, even with correct settings

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    power problem shuts off with lid closed, even with correct settings: just downloaded new windowsEdition Windows 10 Home Version 21H1 Installed on ‎7/‎14/‎2021 OS build 19043.1110 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3530.0 now with lid closed laptop shuts offmade few changes in advanced power setting but the right tweak is not...
  5. Power off settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Power off settings: Why does my laptop automatically power off when I unplug it? How can I change that. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-off-settings/a60dc866-b5b5-4326-92b4-ca0b0e9ff66d
  6. pc will not power up unless electrical power shut off. why

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    pc will not power up unless electrical power shut off. why: within the last day or two, i had shut down my dell pc. then yesterday when I pressed the power button on the dell tower, nothing happened. It appeared that the pc didnot turn on. I then unplugged the tower, display and printer from the power source. waited 10 seconds and...
  7. Computer crashes randomly and video card power shuts off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer crashes randomly and video card power shuts off: I'm not sure 100% if the video card power shuts off to the unit but the led's on the card that show how much power is being used completely cuts off and displays none of the led's lit up. It will happen randomly, whether I am on the desktop, playing a game, watching a movie,...
  8. Shut down/Power off

Shut down/Power off: I have an HP laptop with windows 10 home. When I choose start/shut down, it closes everything and screen goes blank, but won't power down (off). It used to work. I have to manually turn it off....
  9. PC power shut off when idle

PC power shut off when idle: My Lenovo all in one PC starts to shut off when idle a few days ago. Power supply is OK. Had a power outage a few days ago but I have surge protection and UPS, so don't think that caused it. Don't remember whether that happened right after the power outage. If this is a heat...
  10. How To Shut Off Complete Power On Hibernate

in Windows 10 Support
    How To Shut Off Complete Power On Hibernate: Hello, Every time I Hibernate the computer, the external USB mini hard disk drive turns off, yet the LED flashes on & off until I bring back the computer from Hibernate. Also, I have an old school 3rd-party iPod Video dock connector that has a green LED light on it. That...