Windows 10: power settings ignored

Discus and support power settings ignored in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Windows 10 is ignoring power settings and locks screen after 1 minute, troubleshooting power settings did not help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by no-IT-nerd, Jan 12, 2021.

1. power settings ignored

Windows 10 is ignoring power settings and locks screen after 1 minute, troubleshooting power settings did not help

:)

no-IT-nerd, Jan 12, 2021
  2. gmopro Win User

Power Settings Ignored by Lenovo Yoga 400 laptop

• Did you make any changes to your computer? I dont know.. what kind of changes are you talking about. I only added software.. like Norton Security and a few free MSFT apps.
    • Which Build are you currently in? I dont know..probably the latest one. How do i determine "the build"?? I always update windows and pretty sure this is up to date here.
    • Which troubleshooting steps did you try? Tried everything that was suggested,..power troubleshooter, update graphics card, set power settings to default, and other things.. nothing worked. Has been a problem for many months.
      How do i do this clean boot? I will need instructions for these things..step by step. i am tired of this machine ignoring the power settings. Need this fixed.

gmopro, Jan 12, 2021
  3. Micah Bat Win User
    PC is ignoring power settings..

Hi,

To better assist you regarding your concern, have you tried running the Power troubleshooter? Power troubleshooter is used when you are having issues with the power settings of your computer. It will automatically troubleshoot Windows power plans and attempt
    to resolve your concern. To do so, kindly follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X
    • Click Control Panel
    • Click View all
    • Click Power
    • Click Next

By then, it will now start the troubleshooting.

Let us know how it goes.

Micah Bat, Jan 12, 2021
  4. Anne Fuj Win User

power settings ignored

Power option settings being ignored

Hi David,

To fixyour concern,
    let us do the following methods:

Method 1:
    Run the Power troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Power.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Method 2: We
    suggest that you
    restore the power plan to default and check if it works.

• Right click on Start button and click on
      Control Panel.
    • Click on
      Power Options.
    • Click on
      choose when to turn off displayfrom the left pane.
    • Click on
      Restore default settings for this plan.

Let us see how it goes.

Anne Fuj, Jan 12, 2021
Thema:

power settings ignored

1. power settings ignored - Similar Threads - power settings ignored

2. Power Option Changes Ignored?

in Windows 10 Support
    Power Option Changes Ignored?: Hi! For a long while I've had a problem with Power Options being ignored. I want the Power Plan on High Performance, but I don't want my processor running at 100% all of the time. If I set Balanced, my processor will happily clock down to 800MHz when idle as expected If I...
  3. Windows ignores the time set in power plan options to turn off my monitors

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows ignores the time set in power plan options to turn off my monitors: I set the time to turn off my monitors to 10min in windows power plan options and it doesn’t work. Also tried setting the power button to turn off the monitors but in vain, when I press the power button after setting it to turn off my monitors, the monitors go black for a...
  4. Sleep and power settings ignored

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep and power settings ignored: Hi, I am having problems with power settings. I followed following instructions from the forum: 1. Do nothing when closing lid when plugged in 2. Turn off Uncheck fast startup 3. Turn off Hybrid sleep for both on battery and plugged in 4.Checked screensaver and put some...
  5. Windows 10 1909 ignoring power options?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 1909 ignoring power options?: Hi all, i have got windows 10 on my laptop and i limited cpu frequency to 3.4ghz (instead of 4ghz) and i also set maximum processor frequency to 85% giving me the same result, originally i had no issue of this until 1903 came out which ruined this! After alot of googling i...
  6. windows 10 power and sleep settings ignored

windows 10 power and sleep settings ignored: this problem of win 10 ignoring sleep setting is BS , its over a yr old and still happening ! it seems to me that the support team at Microsoft is at sleep !...
  7. Windows 10 Power and Sleep Settings Being Ignored

Windows 10 Power and Sleep Settings Being Ignored: I have my screen and power settings set to Never for both battery and power to keep from timing out. However, Windows 10 completely ignores me and powers down / goes to sleep regardless. How can this be corrected so that the settings are actually taken? Please advise?...
  8. Windows 10 continues to ignore settings.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 continues to ignore settings.: I have asked versions of this before,but let's try again. I have driver updates unchecked and blocked because I have a broken trackpad and if it is live if will bounce the cursor all over and make my laptop unusable. This was not a problem until last January when windows...
  9. GPO settings being ignored

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    GPO settings being ignored: Hello all, So I have configured in my GPO settings to push down the CD/DVD write as disabled for laptops. In essence meaning that users that fall under the laptop groups can use the optical drive. Now as of recent August updates, users are now randomly not able to do...
  10. Ignoring Default App Settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ignoring Default App Settings: New Windows 10 Home Computer, set up using PCMover from Windows 7 Home Premium Computer. A few problems, of course, so far mainly applications that did not transfer properly, and those easily solved. One problem however I don't understand, and, therefore, cannot fix. I've...