Windows 10: Power Settings - No Automaiic Shutoff

Discus and support Power Settings - No Automaiic Shutoff in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Have the settings at 5 for screen off and 10 or 30 for power off. Automatic screen shuts off is okay. Power does not go off automatically. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mikeincousa, Feb 7, 2021.

1. Power Settings - No Automaiic Shutoff

Have the settings at 5 for screen off and 10 or 30 for power off.
    Automatic screen shuts off is okay. Power does not go off automatically.
    The computer will go into sleep state using the keyboard key.
    I ried the Windows trouble shooting tool for a fix but it did not find any problem.
    Cold rebooted a couple of times, but that did not help.

Overwhelmed with the hits, variations of this issue, and tangles for a possible fix in searching the web for a solution.

Does anybody have a fix for me?
    How on earth did this happen?

:)

mikeincousa, Feb 7, 2021

2. WIndows 10 Shutoff

Hi,

It would be great if you can answer the following questions:

• How did you upgrade to Windows 10?
    • Were there any changes made on the computer prior to the issue?

I would suggest you to follow these steps and try to run the Power troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + X on the keyboard.
    • Click on Control panel.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Control panel
      search box.
    • Click on Troubleshooting and click on View all.
    • Click on Power troubleshooter and follow the on-screen instructions.

I would also suggest you to run the System maintenance troubleshooter by following the above steps.

Rohit Siddegowda, Feb 7, 2021
  3. POWER SETTINGS

Hi Gerald,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing on Windows 10, we will help you with this issue.

Let us know few thing to analyze the issue.

• What is the make and model of the pc?

• Are you able to wake the computer back from sleep?
    This issue might occur due to some corruption in the power settings.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Let’s run Power troubleshooter.

The power troubleshooter can automatically detect and fix any incorrect power settings. Refer to these steps to run this troubleshooter:

• Select settings in the drop down menu below search and type
      Troubleshooting.

• Click on Troubleshooting and select the view all option on the left pane.

• Click on Power troubleshooter and follow the prompts.
    If issue persist, I suggest you to try method 2.

Method 2: Create new Power Plan.

Please refer to “Can I create a power plan?” section of the link below:

Power plans: frequently asked questions

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/power-plans-faq#1TC=windows-8

Note: Steps for Windows 8 or 8.1 applies to
    Windows 10.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

JuzarAli1709, Feb 7, 2021
  4. Ryan Mon1 Win User

Power Settings - No Automaiic Shutoff

Can't Change Power Settings

Thank you for the quick response. We will now move to the second phase of troubleshooting. We suggest that you follow the steps provided below:

Method 1: Run the Power Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with your system's power settings. Here's how:

• In the search box, type troubleshooting, and then click
      Troubleshooting
    • Click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Power troubleshooter.

Method 2: Customize Power options.

If issue persists, the the following steps and check.

• In the search box, type Power options, and then click.
    • Click on choose when to turn off display from the left pane.
    • Click on Restore default settings for this plan.
    • Click on Change advance power settings.
    • Scroll down and expand Power buttons and lid.
    • Expand Power button actions.
    • Click on the Setting and set it to Shut down.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Ryan Mon1, Feb 7, 2021
Thema:

Power Settings - No Automaiic Shutoff

1. Power Settings - No Automaiic Shutoff - Similar Threads - Power Settings Automaiic

2. Random System Shutoff

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random System Shutoff: My system has been just turning off on it's own for no apparent reason lately. I've seen bug-checks, failed to resume from hibernate which is off so I don't even know why it's going there at all, and just system shut off unexpectedly.I've also noticed weird sleep issues and...
  3. Random System Shutoff

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random System Shutoff: My system has been just turning off on it's own for no apparent reason lately. I've seen bug-checks, failed to resume from hibernate which is off so I don't even know why it's going there at all, and just system shut off unexpectedly.I've also noticed weird sleep issues and...
  4. Random System Shutoff

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random System Shutoff: My system has been just turning off on it's own for no apparent reason lately. I've seen bug-checks, failed to resume from hibernate which is off so I don't even know why it's going there at all, and just system shut off unexpectedly.Huge memory.dmp uploaded here if anyone...
  5. Random System Shutoff

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random System Shutoff: My system has been just turning off on it's own for no apparent reason lately. I've seen bug-checks, failed to resume from hibernate which is off so I don't even know why it's going there at all, and just system shut off unexpectedly.Huge memory.dmp uploaded here if anyone...
  6. Random System Shutoff

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Power Settings - No Automatic Shutoff

in Windows 10 Support
    Power Settings - No Automatic Shutoff: Have the settings at 5 for screen off and 10 or 30 for power off. Automatic screen shuts off is okay. Power does not go off automatically. The computer will go into sleep state using the keyboard key. I ried the Windows trouble shooting tool for a fix but it did not find any...
  8. Random Output Shutoff

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random Output Shutoff: So I was minding my own buisness, and typing up a document when suddenly my fan starts spinning really fast then goes back to normal, and my monitor says "No Input". I wait for 5 minutes but nothing happens, so I reboot my computer via power button, and everything goes back...
  9. PC Shutoff at Login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Shutoff at Login: My PC will shut-off after a certain amount of time, usually right when it gets to the login screen (before it was after like 5 or 10 minutes but has progressively gotten worse and gives no warning when it will shut off. Couple things to note: Only shuts off when in windows,...
  10. Random shutoff

in Windows 10 Support
    Random shutoff: My Dell Inspiron 17, just recently started to shut down after like minute or so of inactivity. it would leave the applications still open and active though. What could be the cause of this? 62554