Windows 10: Power Settings timers for sleep keep resetting

Discus and support Power Settings timers for sleep keep resetting in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I seem to have a similar problem, but a little different from a very common power plan issue. I have an AMD Ryzen 3600 on a X570 chipset mobo non Intel... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by VNT_98, Aug 26, 2020.

1. VNT_98 Win User

Power Settings timers for sleep keep resetting

I seem to have a similar problem, but a little different from a very common power plan issue.
    I have an AMD Ryzen 3600 on a X570 chipset mobo non Intel CPU. I like to set my power plan to put my PC to sleep after 45 minutes of inactivity. I have modified ALL of the existing power plans to set the PC to sleep after 45 mins I have the monitor turning off after 30 mins. No matter what settings I pick in the "Advanced Power Settings" the times for ALL of the plans revert to 1 hour for the monitors and 2 hours for Sleep.
    How can I stop Windows or whatever service from changing my power plan settings from 20min/30min to 1hr/2hr all the time?

:)

VNT_98, Aug 26, 2020
  2. David Haz Win User

Getting out of sleep

Hi,

For us to further isolate the issue you are experiencing, kindly respond to the following questions:

• Does your device automatically returns to sleep after a short period of time?
    • Have you made any significant changes prior to the issue?
    We suggest that you check if the Allow wake timers setting is enabled. To check if it is enabled, follow the steps below:

• Click the Start button, then type power options.
    • Click Power Options from the results.
    • On the Power Options windows, click Change when the computer sleeps.
    • Click Change advanced power settings.
    • Expand the Sleep category.
    • Expand Allow wake timers.
    • Change the desired setting.

We look forward for an update from you.

Regards.

David Haz, Aug 26, 2020
  3. Automatic Sleep timer doesn't work.

Hi,

As you are facing issues with accessing the sleep mode on your computer, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?

I would like to inform that Settings app is a built-in application for Windows 10 to make user interface easier as it helps us to access fewer Control Panel features.

This issue could have occurred due to incorrect power settings or corrupt power plan.
    Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps:

Method 1: I suggest you to run power troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Power troubleshooter find and fix problems with your computer's power settings to conserve power and extent battery life.

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on
      Control Panel.
    • In the Control Panel window, select Category and then select
      Large icons.
    • Click on Troubleshooting.
    • Click View all and then click Power.
    • Click Next and follow on-screen instructions.

If the issue persists,

Method 2: I suggest you to
    restore the power plans to default.

Follow the steps to reset and restore the power plans to default
    and check if it helps:

• Right-click on Start button
      and click on Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the command prompt, type powercfg –restoredefaultschemes
      and hit Enter.
    • Exit command prompt.
    Note: This would reset the power plan settings to default. Any customized power plans are would be removed.

Method 3: I recommend you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of placing the laptop in sleep/ hibernate mode for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 26, 2020
  4. 56Kruiser Win User

Computer will not sleep.

My computer that I've just installed Win 10 on wakes immediately after putting to sleep.

I've tried all things listed in this thread.

I've gone into the event viewer and filtered on Power Troubleshooter in Event sources for waking, and it indicates Unknown Source.

I've check to see that the NW Adapter is set to allow wake, magic packets only.

The Allow Wake Timers in Power settings is set to Important Wake Timers only.

I've disconnected all USB devices just for testing the sleep.

I've run out of ideas. I'll be searching more on Google. But if any other thoughts/suggestions, it's appreciated.

56Kruiser, Aug 26, 2020
Thema:

1. Power Settings timers for sleep keep resetting - Similar Threads - Power Settings timers

2. Sleep Timer Settings Are Being Ignored

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sleep Timer Settings Are Being Ignored: I am having trouble with my Lenovo Yoga 7i 16" running Windows 11 falling asleep extremely quickly. I primarily use my laptop for schoolwork where I am constantly shifting focus from the computer to books or paper, and it's reallllllllly annoying that every time I look down I...
  3. Sleep Timer Settings Are Being Ignored

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sleep Timer Settings Are Being Ignored: I am having trouble with my Lenovo Yoga 7i 16" running Windows 11 falling asleep extremely quickly. I primarily use my laptop for schoolwork where I am constantly shifting focus from the computer to books or paper, and it's reallllllllly annoying that every time I look down I...
  4. Sleep Timer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep Timer: I've got an SSD and an HDD in my laptop. Should I set my sleep timer less or more? And how will it affect my HDD and SSD's lifespan? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sleep-timer/6b2e56fc-272a-4c53-8c3c-771e47dcaf27
  5. Sleep Timer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sleep Timer: I've got an SSD and an HDD in my laptop. Should I set my sleep timer less or more? And how will it affect my HDD and SSD's lifespan? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sleep-timer/6b2e56fc-272a-4c53-8c3c-771e47dcaf27
  6. Sleep Timer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Sleep timer keeps resetting to 30 minutes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sleep timer keeps resetting to 30 minutes: The desktop PCs at my work need to be on constantly (I work in security and need the camera feed visible at all times) I keep trying to set the sleep timer to either 5 hours or never, but this seldom works and more often randomly resets to 30 minutes. Is there a way to...
  8. Power Settings keep resetting

Power Settings keep resetting: I made this PC a while ago and it keeps having this annoying problem. Whenever i put the PC to sleep or restart it the power settings keep resetting to the AMD Balanced Plan, and even if i change, swap or do anything with that plan it will always revert to its defaults,...
  9. Sleep and power settings

Sleep and power settings: after last windows up date I have no control over any other settings except for 1 hour for the monitor and 2 hours for the CPU and yes I did save the settings. Please help & thank you ....
  10. Power & Sleep Setting

Power & Sleep Setting: The Power and Sleep settings for both Screen and Sleep do not respond to the settings saved. After a minute or two the screen reverts back to my Lock Screen and I have to sign in again to continue working. This happens with either browsing or accessing a document and...