Windows 10: Power settings won't stay as saved - Display setting always revert when I exit the Settings...

Discus and support Power settings won't stay as saved - Display setting always revert when I exit the Settings... in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; No matter what I do, I cannot get my Power & Sleep settings to hold to the time frames I want unless I leave the Settings tab minimized. When I set my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Rebecca Friend, Apr 2, 2020.

1. Power settings won't stay as saved - Display setting always revert when I exit the Settings...

No matter what I do, I cannot get my Power & Sleep settings to hold to the time frames I want unless I leave the Settings tab minimized. When I set my times and exit, they revert to 5 minutes and 15 minutes battery times. By the way, I am not running on a battery - my Microsoft Surface is plugged in 98% of the time.

Is there a way to get the settings to hold?

Thank you.

:)

Rebecca Friend, Apr 2, 2020

2. Store Settings "Update apps automatically" won`t stay switched off. WHY?

In Settings in Store I set "Update apps automatically" to Off.

When I go back in again it`s set back to On. Why won`t it stay switched Off?

How do I get this stupid **** to DO WHAT I TELL IT and SWITCH OFF?

What`s the point of having a Setting that you can`t Set?

H. G. (En), Apr 2, 2020
  3. Saving Multiple Display Settings

Hello Mike,

You can change the default display settings from Display
    settings
    . Make sure that you're on the main screen before following the steps below.

• Click the Start button.
    • Go to Settings > System > Display.
    • Set Multiple displays to Duplicate these displays.
    • Click Keep changes to save the changes.
    Keep us posted.

Devlin Sco, Apr 2, 2020
  4. Power settings won't stay as saved - Display setting always revert when I exit the Settings...

Power & sleep settings

It seems that there is something else that triggers this problem. We've tried to replicate this in our end and we received a different result. The display stayed off until the computer was manually wake up

For us to isolate this further, we suggest that you restore the power plan settings to default. Follow these steps:

• In the Cortana seach, type in Power Options and click it from the search results.
    • In the right pane of your preferred plan, click Change plan settings.
    • Click Restore default settings for this plan.

Once it's restored, please have your screen or the display turned off the same time as the screensaver would start. Say, set both to 5 minutes.

In case the issue persists, then please go ahead and perform a clean boot. Starting Windows with minimal set of drivers and startup programs will help us determine what conflict is causing the problem. See

How to perform a clean boot in Windows
    for the steps.

Let us know the result.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Apr 2, 2020
Thema:

Power settings won't stay as saved - Display setting always revert when I exit the Settings...

1. Power settings won't stay as saved - Display setting always revert when I exit the Settings... - Similar Threads - Power settings won't

2. Audio/Microphone settings won't stay set

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio/Microphone settings won't stay set: My sound and microphone settings will not stay set up and seem to reconfigure randomly.I got a new computer and Windows about a month ago. I set it up so that both my speakers and my headset are always active so that if I was using my headset I just turned my speakers off on...
  3. Power and sleep setting won't save.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power and sleep setting won't save.: My power and sleep settings won't stay how I set them. Every time I reboot, they go back to a default of turning off the display after 1 hour and sleeping the PC at 2 hours. I don't need to save battery power on this desktop PC and I want it to stay on....
  4. USB Power Setting not saving

USB Power Setting not saving: I have a PC that continues to turn off the USB touch response of a touch screen. I go to the Device Manager > Universal Serial Bus controllers I uncheck every "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" The next day, after being turned off overnight, one or...
  5. Saving Display Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Saving Display Settings: How do I save Display Settings? My Display Resolution was 1024-768 and now it is 1600-900 but every time I restart it, It goes back to 1024-768 and I have to go to the control panel, device manager and update my display adapter again....
  6. bluetooth setting won't stay on

bluetooth setting won't stay on: i'm trying to use bluetooth on my pc, and whenever I turn the bluetooth slider to "on" and close the settings tab, it immediately turns off. why is it being stubborn?...
  7. Revert Display Adapter Settings?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Revert Display Adapter Settings?: Hello All, As I am now working from home the next month or so I connected additional monitors to my work laptop so I'd have more screens. Everything was fine except the one screen was overfilled. When I changed the aspect ratio for this one monitor within the Windows...
  8. Display settings always change when i duplicate displays

Display settings always change when i duplicate displays: This problem started occuring since i updated to 1809 version. I always used duplicate displays when watching movies on TV but since this update, when I duplicate tv is on 29hz so everthing on my monitor goes in 29hz also. I looked in advanced display settings and monitor...
  9. power settings not saved

power settings not saved: I've seen this question asked dozens of times. Is there a fix for this? I have all of my power settings set to max performance and "never." Nothing works. My computer falls asleep about as fast as my cell phone (1 minute). Waking it up means I have to log in again. VERY...
  10. Settings won't save

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Settings won't save: My pc settings won't save for example it ask me everytime i open opera whether i want to make it my default browser, I tick off option to connect to one of my wi-fis but it won't go through i have to tick it off every time i check wi-fis list, I even deleted it from my...