Windows 10: Power settings

Discus and support Power settings in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi So back when i had Windows 7 instead of Windows 10, if i left home and my PC was still turned on, then after about 30 minutes the Green Led from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Mikey89, Nov 19, 2019.

1. Mikey89 Win User

Power settings

Hi

So back when i had Windows 7 instead of Windows 10, if i left home and my PC was still turned on, then after about 30 minutes the Green Led from the PC tower started blinking and the PC kinda went into some form of power saving. I know it wasn't hibernate or sleep because i had those turned off in Windows 7. The only setting i have is for the screen in power options that turns off after 10 minutes.

But in Windows 10 i noticed it doesn't do this anymore, after 2-3 hours, the PC doesn't go into some power saving and the Green Led doesn't start blinking like it did in Windows 7.

Can anyone please tell me why ? Or what is the setting for this ?

:)

Mikey89, Nov 19, 2019

2. POWER SETTINGS

Hi Gerald,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing on Windows 10, we will help you with this issue.

Let us know few thing to analyze the issue.

• What is the make and model of the pc?

• Are you able to wake the computer back from sleep?
    This issue might occur due to some corruption in the power settings.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Let’s run Power troubleshooter.

The power troubleshooter can automatically detect and fix any incorrect power settings. Refer to these steps to run this troubleshooter:

• Select settings in the drop down menu below search and type
      Troubleshooting.

• Click on Troubleshooting and select the view all option on the left pane.

• Click on Power troubleshooter and follow the prompts.
    If issue persist, I suggest you to try method 2.

Method 2: Create new Power Plan.

Please refer to “Can I create a power plan?” section of the link below:

Power plans: frequently asked questions

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/power-plans-faq#1TC=windows-8

Note: Steps for Windows 8 or 8.1 applies to
    Windows 10.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

JuzarAli1709, Nov 19, 2019
  3. Ryan Mon1 Win User
    Can't Change Power Settings

Thank you for the quick response. We will now move to the second phase of troubleshooting. We suggest that you follow the steps provided below:

Method 1: Run the Power Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with your system's power settings. Here's how:

• In the search box, type troubleshooting, and then click
      Troubleshooting
    • Click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Power troubleshooter.

Method 2: Customize Power options.

If issue persists, the the following steps and check.

• In the search box, type Power options, and then click.
    • Click on choose when to turn off display from the left pane.
    • Click on Restore default settings for this plan.
    • Click on Change advance power settings.
    • Scroll down and expand Power buttons and lid.
    • Expand Power button actions.
    • Click on the Setting and set it to Shut down.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Ryan Mon1, Nov 19, 2019
  4. Sasqui Win User

Power settings

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Nov 19, 2019
Thema:

Power settings

1. Power settings - Similar Threads - Power settings

2. Windows 11 power settings CPU usage ignored

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 power settings CPU usage ignored: HelloAfter upgrading my notebook to win 11 I noticed windows keep high frequency even on idle state.I changed CPU usagefrom min 80 to min 20 on power settingsadvanced options.However windows is ignoring those options.Seems it had only 2 states -charger plugged >>>performance...
  3. Windows 11 power settings CPU usage ignored

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 power settings CPU usage ignored: HelloAfter upgrading my notebook to win 11 I noticed windows keep high frequency even on idle state.I changed CPU usagefrom min 80 to min 20 on power settingsadvanced options.However windows is ignoring those options.Seems it had only 2 states -charger plugged >>>performance...
  4. Harddisk goes to sleep power settings Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Harddisk goes to sleep power settings Windows 11: Since there is alot of previous post, with 0 real advice given that worked for me.I'm posting this on how to do itTLDR: You can't find the "advanced power settings" in the "Normal" settings screen.You need to go via the "old" control panel.Type "control panel" in the search...
  5. Harddisk goes to sleep power settings Windows 11

Harddisk goes to sleep power settings Windows 11: Since there is alot of previous post, with 0 real advice given that worked for me.I'm posting this on how to do itTLDR: You can't find the "advanced power settings" in the "Normal" settings screen.You need to go via the "old" control panel.Type "control panel" in the search...
  6. Power & Battery Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power & Battery Settings: The power & battery settings won't open when going to Settings >System > power & battery. The same thing happens when I right click the battery icon power & sleep settings in the sys tray. No error message; just won't open. Using Windows 11 - Home Edition. All System Updates...
  7. Power & Battery Settings

Power & Battery Settings: The power & battery settings won't open when going to Settings >System > power & battery. The same thing happens when I right click the battery icon power & sleep settings in the sys tray. No error message; just won't open. Using Windows 11 - Home Edition. All System Updates...
  8. How can I set the start menu power button to restart instead of shut down?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I set the start menu power button to restart instead of shut down?: I know this can be changed, but I can't remember how to do it. I want the power button on the start menu to show "restart" instead of "shut down". I know there's a drop down menu, but I want to set it and forget it....
  9. How can I set the start menu power button to restart instead of shut down?

How can I set the start menu power button to restart instead of shut down?: I know this can be changed, but I can't remember how to do it. I want the power button on the start menu to show "restart" instead of "shut down". I know there's a drop down menu, but I want to set it and forget it....
  10. How do I access background app permissions? They don't exist in my settings for Apps or Power.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I access background app permissions? They don't exist in my settings for Apps or Power.: Hi. I have had an issue with Xbox Live Party Chat where the app only recognizes my voice if I have the windows+g overlay open. That issue has been happening for about a month now and there was a little yellow triangle with and exclamation mark at the top which had no writing...