Windows 10: Power settings

Discus and support Power settings in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi So back when i had Windows 7 instead of Windows 10, if i left home and my PC was still turned on, then after about 30 minutes the Green Led from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Mikey89, Nov 19, 2019.

1. Mikey89 Win User

Power settings

Hi

So back when i had Windows 7 instead of Windows 10, if i left home and my PC was still turned on, then after about 30 minutes the Green Led from the PC tower started blinking and the PC kinda went into some form of power saving. I know it wasn't hibernate or sleep because i had those turned off in Windows 7. The only setting i have is for the screen in power options that turns off after 10 minutes.

But in Windows 10 i noticed it doesn't do this anymore, after 2-3 hours, the PC doesn't go into some power saving and the Green Led doesn't start blinking like it did in Windows 7.

Can anyone please tell me why ? Or what is the setting for this ?

:)

Mikey89, Nov 19, 2019

2. POWER SETTINGS

Hi Gerald,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing on Windows 10, we will help you with this issue.

Let us know few thing to analyze the issue.

• What is the make and model of the pc?

• Are you able to wake the computer back from sleep?
    This issue might occur due to some corruption in the power settings.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Let’s run Power troubleshooter.

The power troubleshooter can automatically detect and fix any incorrect power settings. Refer to these steps to run this troubleshooter:

• Select settings in the drop down menu below search and type
      Troubleshooting.

• Click on Troubleshooting and select the view all option on the left pane.

• Click on Power troubleshooter and follow the prompts.
    If issue persist, I suggest you to try method 2.

Method 2: Create new Power Plan.

Please refer to “Can I create a power plan?” section of the link below:

Power plans: frequently asked questions

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/power-plans-faq#1TC=windows-8

Note: Steps for Windows 8 or 8.1 applies to
    Windows 10.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

JuzarAli1709, Nov 19, 2019
  3. Ryan Mon1 Win User
    Can't Change Power Settings

Thank you for the quick response. We will now move to the second phase of troubleshooting. We suggest that you follow the steps provided below:

Method 1: Run the Power Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with your system's power settings. Here's how:

• In the search box, type troubleshooting, and then click
      Troubleshooting
    • Click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Power troubleshooter.

Method 2: Customize Power options.

If issue persists, the the following steps and check.

• In the search box, type Power options, and then click.
    • Click on choose when to turn off display from the left pane.
    • Click on Restore default settings for this plan.
    • Click on Change advance power settings.
    • Scroll down and expand Power buttons and lid.
    • Expand Power button actions.
    • Click on the Setting and set it to Shut down.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Ryan Mon1, Nov 19, 2019
  4. Sasqui Win User

Power settings

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Nov 19, 2019
Thema:

Power settings

1. Power settings - Similar Threads - Power settings

2. Adaptive Brightness Setting Missing from the Power Settings.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Adaptive Brightness Setting Missing from the Power Settings.: Adaptive Power Settings is Missing from the Advance Power Options. This is happened after the recent Windows Update 1909. Windows 10 Home Single Language. OS Build : 18363.476. My Drivers are up to date and have updated all the things needed but nothing is working out....
  3. power & sleep settings

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    power & sleep settings: It is absolutely amazing that this question keeps getting asked over and over but never gets resolved. No matter what screen and sleep are set to, computer goes to sleep after one minute of inactivity when I have all four set to NEVER. Responders, no offense, but yes I've...
  4. Display Closing Lid and Power Settings

Display Closing Lid and Power Settings: I was wondering about if there was any way for a setting to be changed so that: -If my computer is hooked up to a display (monitor), it would not sleep when I close the lid -If my computer is not hooked up to a display (monitor), it would sleep when I close the lid...
  5. No USB in Power Options, Advanced settings

No USB in Power Options, Advanced settings: I have an ASUS Zenbook, Windows 10 Home 64bit. I wanted to adjust the USB settings, specifically to have the USB shutoff while in sleep mode. I believe the USB is still being powered as my battery drains when I have a mouse plugged in, even it is off. Originally my problem...
  6. "power savings switch" new setting is graphic?

in Windows 10 Customization
    "power savings switch" new setting is graphic?: After an automatic update a while back in windows 10, i now get a window that says "power savings switch" is changed. New setting is now Graphic. This change will be effective when you reboot now or later. It doesnt matter when i push the reboot button, the window is always...
  7. Power and Sleep setting not sticking

Power and Sleep setting not sticking: I set the screen to turn off after an hour, it resets itself to 20 minutes every time. Just started doing this a couple of weeks ago,, before that it was fine....
  8. Power & Sleep Windows 10 (1903) setting for screen set to turn off after 1 hour. It's not....

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Power & Sleep Windows 10 (1903) setting for screen set to turn off after 1 hour. It's not....: submitted by /u/dnadosanddonts [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dwu163/power_sleep_windows_10_1903_setting_for_screen/
  9. Lost Power Icon on Windows 10 Taskbar and Power Button in Settings has a Wifi Picture

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lost Power Icon on Windows 10 Taskbar and Power Button in Settings has a Wifi Picture: I just lost my power icon on my Windows 10 PC in the last few days. I did some research and found how to turn it back on, but the problem is that it is already on and the icon in settings now as a wifi/Network picture. I think something got messed up with the last update....
  10. Windows shuts down screen after 2 minutes irrespective of setting in power options

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows shuts down screen after 2 minutes irrespective of setting in power options: I've set screen shutdown time to 10 minutes in my power setting but regardless of this, windows just shut down my screens after 2 minutes of inactivity. Anyone knows workaround this Current Version: Windows 10 Home 1903 Build 18362.449...